Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Do you watch footy for enterainment?

Why do you mainly watch Football

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was having a discussion with someone on a thread and he said the main reason people watched footy is normally to support their club.
I disagreed with this and said it was mainly for entertainment.

So whats your opinion......?

I

iNickStuff

I watch football, nowadays, to see the tactical developments of teams, and their decisions to foil the opposition's methods in trying to grab a win, or defend until the end of the match. So yeah, it is for entertaiment. But this is on TV.

If it were in a stadium, then it would, obviously, be for my club. But mostly entertainment.

Reaction score
xD

I watch my team to support them.
I watch the lieks of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal.. as neutrals, for entertainment.

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
I usually watch football to support my club, but if it's got the makings to be a decent game or there's a big side playing I'll watch it for entertainment.

Reaction score
I am loyal to my club but have to admit that the entertainment factor isn't always there :p......however I watch the English Premiership and Spanish La Liga for pure entertainment reasons

Reaction score
I watch every Chelsea game either on the TV or the Internet but i also watch every other game i can. I love Football and for me their is nothing else like football. If i cant sleep i have been known to watch from Japaneese football to Brazilian football to Argentinan football to even Uzbek football. I just love it.

Reaction score
Mainly to support my club as at Hillsborough it's never really 'entertaining'.

Reaction score
Well I mainly watch for entertainment not coz I support my local or anything...

The only reason I support United is coz wen I was small and got my 1st Fifa I always played with Man U and it stuck :p

Reaction score
I watch to support my club
but I enjoy watching all football- Lower league, different country love it all
just an all round footy fan

Reaction score
Pretty much as CJacko said. I'll watch every United game I can, and watch every other games if it's on. Just enjoy watching football full stop.

Why would you even be a football fan if you found it dull, though?

Reaction score
I support and Follow Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund on tv....and i record every Boca game which is on, plus Argentine highlight shows

But i do like to watch Highlight shows for the Italian League, French League, Spanish League, Russian League and Brazilian league just because i love football.

I also like to keep up to date with most leagues in Europe, especially the Slovakian league, but this is mainly reading reports on line

Reaction score
Mhmmm, both I guess, generally speaking, can't deny it's not always free flowing football at Ibrox, but to me there are few better feelings than seeing the net ripple with a Rangers goal :D Spanish football gives me the entertainment value that Rangers doesn't always provide; and if that doesn't work, then off to Broomfield I go to watch Airdrie get pumped :$

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Bang on CJACKO. If there is football on, I'll watch it.

Reaction score
Of course it is entertainment, you wouldnt be watching 90 minuts of football if you didnt have a good time watching it...

Reaction score
Entertainment value. I am happy to watch any league in the world as long as it is an interesting match, although I will only stick out the full 90 minutes if it is either a good game to watch live, or if I support one of the clubs.

Reaction score
Entertainment. But sadly at Caley we are lacking of that.

Reaction score
Who would support a club if they weren't entertained by football?
I watch my club to support them but watch as much football as I can really because it entertains me.

Reaction score
I would say it's both for everybody, Unless someone can honestly say they only watch their own team play which I doubt very much. I watch Rangers games before I watch any other games (Although I gave my cousin my ticket to see us hammer Motherwell 6-0 as I watched Utd-City game the otherweek) But normally I would watch/Go to ibrox to see rangers I just forgot on this occasion. But I also watch the likes of Arsenal Vs Barca when on tv or whatever for entertainment as the tv is normally ****!

Sorry for rabbling on. Both though :p Watch my team but watch other games on tv