Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

dodgy penalty scorelines

Reaction score
does any one here have the problem of you winning a pen. shootout then you open your mail and you find out you lost:|

Reaction score
cant say i do my penalty shoot outs go into a high score line but i normally win

Reaction score
every time i get a penalty i score but it does'nt go on the score sheet ??

Whiney ***** with Sissy Girl Sperm
Reaction score
I just have a problem with winning penalty shootouts.

Reaction score
I just think there is something wrong with the game engine for penalties full stop, my notts county team have only scored about 3 out of 15-20 penalties , even with Baudet (Who is actually Notts' real penalty taker with probably a 90% success rate) as my penalty taker with a 17 in penalties he still gets sved most of the time, the AI teams don't seem to have a problem though, and shootouts seem to be different to in game penalties as I've only played one and won it 3-1.

Reaction score
I had the same with Cavenaghi. High penalty taking stat, lethal in the box, but couldnt score a penalty. Missed 7 in a row. All saved. The ******.

Reaction score
Maybe it's a problem with the goalkeepers, it certainly seems that far too many penalties get saved.

Reaction score
I usually win my penalty shootouts, I've won 3 out of the last 3 on my Man Utd game. Don't have many Pen shootouts though:) Win something like 4-3 or 5-4, never really high ones.

Reaction score
i think it`s a bug in the game as i have noticed it before during aworld cup it said england beat brazil on penalties then in next news item it said they lost 3-1 on penalties but in my online game i have scored every penalty i have been awarded and they have all showed up in score line and in news items **** i even won league cup in 2014 on penalties with west brom over man u

The trequartista
Reaction score
boozad said:
I had the same with Cavenaghi. High penalty taking stat, lethal in the box, but couldnt score a penalty. Missed 7 in a row. All saved. The ******.
It's not just the 20 on penalties that will make him a spot kick genius, you also need to look at composure and finishing, if it's a last minute penalty then high concentration wouldn't go a miss.

Reaction score
Good point. It was just that he never missed one the previous season

Reaction score
well i semm to be the complete opposite my Barcelona team score every single penalty that comes are way which is always handy

The trequartista
Reaction score
Barca_Boy said:
well i semm to be the complete opposite my Barcelona team score every single penalty that comes are way which is always handy
I had this with Valencia, David Villa would get about 15 pens a season and didn't miss one in the 3 seasons I played as them.