Bought Dodo as a backup to Warnock in my first season. I only played him in a few premier league matches and quite a lot of cup matches, and to be honest he is decent. He has improved in my game, but not a lot in defence in which i was hoping.

Here's some screenshots of his stats in my game of my second season:

Anybody else unable to find Dodo at Corinthians since the update??

I just tried to check, starting a new game with 11.2.1 update, you can't find him.

simmed a game to 2016/17 and took over as chelsea, bought him and i must say he's the best left back on the game for me :)

Dodo is fantastic for me on my save. He's always consistant, he's fast, which helps when tracking back, and he's great going forward. I'm into my 4th season and his progress, admittedly has been slow, but he's definately worth the investment.

Here is Dodo from my United save. He has been outstanding when he goes out on loan and has progressed pretty good. Totally worth the 1.3 million.

dodô managed to establish in my starting XI straight away (WB attack). he developed very well (yeah, sometimes it helps to play them...) only his tackling, marking and positioning stats didn't improve much - he's still young and i keep on trying. his offensive skills are great and his defensive performance is better than his stats show. a great wing back for a good price!

I only use, England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Norway with a medium sized player list. Dodo always showed up with this setting in fm2010 and in fm2011, that is, until the new update came along. Bummer.

Those annoyed that his defensive attributes aren't increasing - this isn't due to him, this is due to your training schedule!

Those annoyed that his defensive attributes aren't increasing - this isn't due to him, this is due to your training schedule!

Indeed, that is probably the reason, because there's nothing wrong with his CA/PA.

Btw, I just started a new game with Spurs, but forgot to add Brazilian League. Seeing these left-backs on the squad, I wish I could buy Dodô (left) and Lucas (Figueirense, right)... But as my save progressed quite a bit already, I will keep on with it.

of course it is - but all my other young WBs develop on the same schedule much better defensively. dodô needs INTENSE defensive training.

of course it is - but all my other young WBs develop on the same schedule much better defensively. dodô needs INTENSE defensive training.

No,he needs the exact same as others. If you don't have excellent coaches/facilities, the attribute increases become more random.

On my first save Kept him for 2 seasons, bought him from corinthians, at 1.2, hes improved but hes only worth 1mil now :S
in this save i got him same price, Had papac tutor him jus to help ween him in as backup, now papac is gone hes on my first 11. but end of this season i have a 16 year old brazilian regen comin in, not sure if ill keep Dodo, but at this stahge hes helped me win the double and get to semi's on CL

No,he needs the exact same as others. If you don't have excellent coaches/facilities, the attribute increases become more random.

coaches/facilities are fine and the exact same training doesn't help dodô improving his defensive skills as quickly as my other young WBs - might be random though as i bought him only on this save.

coaches/facilities are fine and the exact same training doesn't help dodô improving his defensive skills as quickly as my other young WBs - might be random though as i bought him only on this save.

It's not quite random (as your training schedules still increase chances of where the attribute points get put), but sounds like you were unlucky.

I agree, I put him on an intense defensive training schedule when ever he is not out on loan, which is only for short periods. We will see what will happen after I stop loaning him out if he will experience much increase in his defensive stats.

I'm playing for Napoli and he's been amazing for me. After a few games he was already starting ahead of Andrea Dossena (who began to complain about lack of first team football). He kind of started to fizzle out in the last month of the season, his confidence took a nosedive. It was weird. I sold Dossena anyway because the guy was being pretty useless for me, even when I played him ahead of Dodo in that last month.

Hes a really good signing loan him then hes an amazing player

since we're on a thread for wingbacks.
any other suggestions for defenders please?

other than zezinho and dodo.
looking for replacements for vidic n ferdinand too.
unwilling to splash the cash though. got about a budget of 50m