Roco

Reaction score
How long does the game last? Is it indefinite or is there a limit?

yes it does, well supposedly a game on here was until 4800 but had too many crash dumps to continue....

Yes. Well, at least until you get Crash Dumps..

It will run until the fossil fuels run out

The most I have seen a save working was around 2150

I usually get to about 2020-2050 before i jack it in and start again

So, an edited database would be unlikely last as long as a normal database?

So, an edited database would be unlikely last as long as a normal database?

Yes,any slight glitch at all will cause the game to mess up in later years. I wouldnt go further than 50 years on edited but could go around 300 on normal database no problem. Iv seen a save go on to the year 3000 and was still working fine

They last until your computer can load the save because the more time you'v been playing for the bigger the save gets.

Some guy named rover_rawh went to 4800, before he hit crash dumps.

They last until your computer can load the save because the more time you'v been playing for the bigger the save gets.

I would have thought this problem could be solved easily, like archiving selected things or putting them in another file etc.

I ran too 2070 or something like that before i hit crash dumps. Crash Dumps are the main problem that ruins the saves. ****** me off to put it mildly

I can't understand why this can't be rectified.

by Edited databases, does this mean only heavily edited databases, or include minor edits (editing 1/2 players PA ratings?)

any edit to the database creates an extra file that you have to load with the game, so when you load a save with that file in it has to load the knowledge of all the edited bits aswell even if it's giving someone a 1ca boost it still affects the game as that file is saved in a different place so it needs a memory of where to get that information from.

and what you said about archiving doesn't really work as it's a case of the data would still be on the computer and it still needs to be accessed by the game, which would slow the processing time down by the fact it's looking everywhere for the files.

i dont believe any 1 has went as far as they say year 3000 lies .... 30 seasons yer, even 500 is to far you would need alot of memory to get very far aswell, ... its a challenge to get 100 years ... if you do it without a job and small data base it will go faster but whats the point in that

any edit to the database creates an extra file that you have to load with the game, so when you load a save with that file in it has to load the knowledge of all the edited bits aswell even if it's giving someone a 1ca boost it still affects the game as that file is saved in a different place so it needs a memory of where to get that information from.

and what you said about archiving doesn't really work as it's a case of the data would still be on the computer and it still needs to be accessed by the game, which would slow the processing time down by the fact it's looking everywhere for the files.

Still can't understand why this can't be improved. it was like this when I used to edit Champ manager 97/98.

You can upload your save on the SI and "Mike Brock"? will sort out the save game for you to surpass the point of the crash dump. Doing that every season sucks, though.