Borsigknight

Reaction score
You have a World-Class-Team and want to gain the maximum of success?
You are hungry for possession but also want to involve surprising effective counters?
Do you like to establish Cruyffs vision of total footbal?

Then check out my Asymmetric Waves:

View attachment 300125View attachment 300123View attachment 300122

Attacking Style :
Attacking, Flexible

Important attributes :
Goalkeeper: reflexes, rushing out, first touch, acceleration, decisions
Ball Playing Defender: concentration, decisions, vision, passing, acceleration/positioning

First Touch, Decisions, Vision

Try to make an individual setup for every player depending among their strengths, so you can switch the

Half Back for a Deep Lying or Roaming Playmaker,

View attachment 773892View attachment 773893View attachment 773894

the Roaming Playmaker for a Box to Box Midfielder or Half Back,

View attachment 300159View attachment 300169View attachment 300158

the Advanved Playmaker for a Trequatista or Engache,

View attachment 300168View attachment 300157

the Shadowstriker for an Advanced Playmaker (Attack Duty) or Trequartista,

View attachment 300167View attachment 300156

the Winger for an Advanced Playmaker (Attack Duty) or Raumdeuter,

View attachment 300163View attachment 300162View attachment 300161

the Complete Forward for a Trequartista, Deep Lying Forward or Advanced Forward.

View attachment 300155View attachment 300154View attachment 300153

Try to be innovative, don't worry.

You’ll notice that sometimes you have to bring out some momentum by changing the architecture of your formation.

Against tight defending teams (4-5-1) mark the opponents striker with the defensive midfielder and bring in a more creative type of player. There are also some special teams you need a destroyer for in the central midfield for example Bayern Munich. So install there a Ball Winning Midfielder.

This effects that the structure oft the game proceeds in front of the defence line and ensures against through balls and long shots.

Against World-Class-Teams you should tighten up your defence, advice your Wing Backs to sit narrower, against weaker teams they can stay wider. Sometimes if you're playing away, it could be useful to advice your guys to work the ball in the box and close down the goalkeeper.
Give your best attacking midfielder a roam duty and make sure that your players are well balanced between focus and confidence.

You need only to follow the oppositions-instructions of your assistant!

Results and Performances:

View attachment 300152View attachment 300151View attachment 300150View attachment 300149View attachment 300148View attachment 300147View attachment 300146View attachment 300145View attachment 300144View attachment 300143View attachment 300142View attachment 300141View attachment 300140
View attachment 300139View attachment 300138View attachment 300137View attachment 300136View attachment 300135View attachment 300134
View attachment 300133View attachment 300132
Last Season:
View attachment 300131
Current Season:
View attachment 300130

I hope you’ll be successfuld and have fun with those formations.

Best Regards

Borsigknight

Download:
Fileupload
Fileupload2

alternative:
Mediafire
Mediafire2

Last edited:
Seems good. Might use this as a backup tactic.

How much better are your Dortmund team? Looks like the defence is solid.

Seems good. Might use this as a backup tactic.

How much better are your Dortmund team? Looks like the defence is solid.

I'd done many transfers in the last three years, tidying out the players with average first touch abilities and bought some who are excellent at this attitude. I think this team is at the same level as Arsenal or Manchester. For Madrid or Barca it needs many years of development.
Of course you need to have a look for a good SK if you like to play with one. That might be expensive but much more effective. I've chosen Perin in the first season, won everything but was still a bit dissatisfied with the overall performance in the defence. So I bought additional Rulli and now it's much more solid if he plays.
The most significant positions are from my point of view the Goalkeeper, the Ball Playing Defender and the Shadow Striker. Are you interested in having a look at my transfer history? I think, the transfers relate to the most bigger-team-players of Football Manager but maybe you 'll find some inspiration.

The tactic looks brilliant but seems your abilty to read the game is very good and you adapt to it, most people on here wont do that so wont get the results you do as they want just a plug and play.

But you deserve some credit looks like you read the game brilliantly and your results prove it, never seen a better defence than that if I am being honest and I love clean sheets, but play with lower league teams!

eu nao consigo fezer download atraves desse. podias por no mediafire please?

The tactic looks brilliant but seems your abilty to read the game is very good and you adapt to it, most people on here wont do that so wont get the results you do as they want just a plug and play.

But you deserve some credit looks like you read the game brilliantly and your results prove it, never seen a better defence than that if I am being honest and I love clean sheets, but play with lower league teams!

Thank you very much! ^^) Many people think it's easy to manage bigger clubs but there are also bigger claims who must be affirmed season by season. The tactic culture of lower teams changes so you gain a lot of experience of how to crack good organised defences of highly focussed opponents and protect from this one killer ball who throw over your game plan.
And of course it's nice to have something surprising to challenge the Champions League.

and training?

After season preparation I focus on Ball Control (50%) and Attacking (25%), depending on the schedule I switch sometimes between Defending (tough opponents) and Balanced (international caps).

Kagawa out and Gotze in is some amazing business. Take that all day

:D I had also some bad business for example Hummels after some trouble with his agent I sold him before free transfer for 11 Mio. Euro:S But most of the bigger transfers I began to prepare a few years before.

Was about to ask regarding Hummels :)
Selling Reus? In my book one of best IF's... But good price.

Was about to ask regarding Hummels :)
Selling Reus? In my book one of best IF's... But good price.

Thanks, there have been also some differences in contract negotiations. It's quiet strange that I have so much problems with negotiations with domestic players overall. Maybe it depends on the high taxes. I don't know.

Maybe someone is interested in a gameplan how to bring out the best out of this tactics and mentality of the players.

So I'll illustrate it on the basis of a friendly between my second team squad mixed with some rotation players who need to gain some match fitness and the quatarian team of Al-Gharrafa.

The following tactical starting position we have:

View attachment 299561

These are the starting players in detail:

GK
View attachment 299560

Defence:
View attachment 299559View attachment 299558View attachment 299557View attachment 299556

Midfield:
View attachment 299555View attachment 299554View attachment 299549View attachment 299552View attachment 299551

Striker:
View attachment 299550

As you can see, almost all the players are good trained in first touch and technique. That reflects the focus of the youth development of Borussia Dortmund.

Al-Gharrafa plays with a back three, defensive wingers and two strikers so I must suppose they want to prevent from fast breakthroughs in the center and are intented to start direct counters via their wingback stations. So I bind my striker with a more supporting style into the build-up to apply the pressure from the second attacking line and the wings.

View attachment 299545

I also want to prevent from easy ball winners and take the two strikers out of the game. So with a "low cross" duty I advice my attacking players to move to the baseline and the defence line rises more up than with the mixed crossing style. With the duty to "work the ball into the box" the team works more patiently to achieve the finish. I made the experience that this duty is more effective when playing away because you ensure the possession, gain more standards and protect from early ball losses.

View attachment 299535

Seeing as the opponent has no finishing quality in the midfield and orients defensivly we want to exploit the highest possible space on the ground. So I stretch the defence by playing with wide wingbacks.

View attachment 299534View attachment 299533

Let's get started!

The match:

First comes business as usual. The team is young, the opponent easy. Opponents instructions are left by the assistant coach.
Now we're coming to the young players. They previously unfold better on the field by cheering without pressure. So I use some calming words.

The Pre-Match Team Talk:

Overall:
(Calm) A team as such ours should be winning without problem at all.

Individual:
(Calm) I have faith in you, get out there and make a difference.

On the sideline:

The team get along by starting with three goals, receiving one. So there is no need for me to keep the closing down duty anymore. We can take more space on the ground, rest condition and save from injuries by accepting a higher risk of counter attacks. With a 3:1 lead against Al-Gharrafa there is no real worry to give away the lead.

View attachment 299531

After the 4:1 I prefer usually to rip the opponent totally apart. So I instruct my team calmly to "get creative".

The Halftime Team Talk:

With a 6:1 lead we go into the halftime break. I am very satisfied with the result and let the players know with a more acknowledging tone:

Overall:
(Assertive) I'm very pleased with your performance, keep it going lads.

Individual: - Nothing. The whole team is delighted.

Hammered Al-Gharaffa with a five-goal-lead (6:1) my players can switch to the fun-training modus. I advice them to play with a "much higher defensive line", "take a breather", "clear ball to flanks" and "shoot on sight" and "get creative" one more time.

View attachment 299523

The team is now keeping its whole attention in possession, creating chances by saving manpower and protect from the last rearing up of a demotivated opponent.

After the 80th minute I usually instruct them to "tighten up" as such as I do here.

It looks like this at the end:

View attachment 299520View attachment 299458

[video=youtube;Ae_MyBK9JD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae_MyBK9JD0[/video]

The Full-Time Team Talk:

Of course I let them know that I am absolutely satisfied with their performance and show them that they can build-up on that:

Overall:
(Assertive) I am very pleased with the result and the way your performance.

So this is just one scenario. If there are any questions for other match plans or examples I would be very interested to communicate that.

Last edited: