Radium22

Reaction score
Has anybody tried creating a Dortmund tactic but exactly how they play in real life? I know they play 4-2-3-1 but I can't decide on 2 CM or 2 DM.It seems they play counter attacking football too but this is hard to replicate properly with the tactics creator.

Raikan is coming out with one pretty much any time now. It has worked superbly so far now, 90% win rate into 15 league games + CL and cup games with arsenal. So just hold on for that.

Funny lol i've just started making one :p. Difficult but i'd probly go for 2 DM, otherwise the match engine might *** rape you ;) and normally they play a blend of high tempo possession football with a high emphasis on zonal pressing. I think last night was a slight tactical deviation to cope against playing Real madrid.

I've got one, not exactly the same as dortmunds but It's close.

My results:
43204F5B3A76956E5A44D8EA5CC31EF8501DB77E

Oh, and I changed a few things in the tactic and haven't conceded in like 6 games.

I use 1 dm (s) and one BWM (S)

Last edited:
theres a tweaked version of the arrigo sachis 442 which sean has made into a 4-4-1-1 Treq which could suit dortmund well

I created my own Dortmund tactic about a month ago but use it with VVV in the eredivisie.

The main emphasis is on high pressure, high tempo and the abililty to launch quick counters.

I use two deep DM's to create space and try to find the AM's in the zone between the oppositions defense and midfield.

Gk - Sweeper Keeper

WB (S)
CB (D)
BPD (D)
WB (S)

DM (D) - Wins the ball back and feeds to the DLP or the AMC. BMW strays too much out of position.
DLP(S) - Sprays the ball around to the attackers and gets up to support attacks.

L IF ( a)- Reus tends to stay high and inside to support Lewandowski
C ADV PLY (S) - The connection between the deep CM's and the attackers by dropping deep and collecting the ball.
R W (S) - 'Kuba' tends to play more defensive that Reus

ADV FWD ( a)

View attachment 335671
I'd run with something like this if I were to try to replicate their style of play
The wingers are in the ml/r position to support the high line. haveing gotze and reuz with the swap positions individual instruction enabled.

View attachment 335671
I'd run with something like this if I were to try to replicate their style of play
The wingers are in the ml/r position to support the high line. haveing gotze and reuz with the swap positions individual instruction enabled.

imo, that's restricting Gundogan. Play him as a DM DLP - (S) o cm (s)

And Subotic isn't good enough to be a BPD

imo, that's restricting Gundogan. Play him as a DM DLP - (S) o cm (s)

And Subotic isn't good enough to be a BPD

Whilst I agree with you on both accounts, about the specific players, this is just my understanding of how they play represented in game.

Whilst I agree with you on both accounts, about the specific players, this is just my understanding of how they play represented in game.
Gundo plays a bit higher up, holding/attacking mid.

My current Dortmund tactic

Gk - defend

Wb - auto
Cb - defend
Bpd - defend
Wb - auto

Dm - defend
Dm - support
Winger - attack

IF - attack
Adv Play - attack

DLF - attack

Raikan is coming out with one pretty much any time now. It has worked superbly so far now, 90% win rate into 15 league games + CL and cup games with arsenal. So just hold on for that.

I can't find anything anywhere about this? Is there a thread with information anywhere?