Absolutely insane transfer list! Whose left from previous squad? Can we get some screenshots of tactics and lineup?

Wheater,Pogatetz,Coyne,Walker,Lita,Johnson,St. Ledger from the Senior squad.

I havent really found my lineup yet, lots of injuries to key guys like Pogatetz. I've been rotating between JP Woodys 4-2-3-1 (as this is on 10.2) and Complete Dominance (also for 10.2)

Also i just hope Lewandowski keeps this up - it's the first time i actually signed him after i heard good things about him irl :)

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

Opening Day - Middlesbrough F.C. vs. Sheffield United

Starting Lineup

Game Result

openingday.jpg

Last edited:
10.1 or .2 i take it as st ledger is there and digard was there lol#?

Nice first result, keep it up im interested in this :)

August Update

Game 1: Middlesbrough vs. Sheffield 3:1 (Walker,Wheater,Lewandowski)
Good first game by the lads. Wheater was fantastic and young goalkeeper Alex Smithies made some very important saves

Game 2: Swansea vs. Middlesbrough 1:0
Disappointing. Lewandowski scored early but his goal was disallowed. We had a lot of chances but just couldn't score and then Trundle's goal hit us directly after the break.

Game 3: Scunthorpe vs. Middlesbrough 1:1 (Walker)
Another disappointing result. We were the better team but once again just couldnt score. Spence scored after 60 Minutes but at least Walker was able to answer and secure 1 Point.

Game 4: Middlesbrough vs. Doncaster 1:2 (Smolarek)
Lewandowski had 2! Goals disallowed. Would have been a 2:0 shortly after the break but the Ref decides to do something different. Smolarek quickly tied it after Sharp scored for Doncaster but a penalty sealed the deal

League Cup Round 2: Oldham vs. Middlesbrough 1:4 (Smolarek (2x),Wood,Hubbins)
Fantastic game by Ebi. Was down 1:0 after just 2 minutes but Smolarek was able to make it equal again. Once Wood scored, to make it 2:1, this game was over.
Our next opponent is Watford in the 3rd round.

Game 5: Bristol vs. Middlesbrough 2:0
Horrible game. Bristol completely outplayed us and the few chances we had, we didn't convert. Alex Smithies did really well and was the main reason that this was just a 2:0 result

League Table

Overall a really disappointing first month in the league. I knew that it would be very hard with all this new players but some games (especially the Doncaster game) could have easily gone the other way as well. Only positive thing looking at the table right now is that Newcastle isn't much better.

Player of the Month: Josh Walker - 5 Games, 2 Goals,2 Assists, 7.52 Rating

Boro has also agreed to loan out Richard Smallwood to Macclesfield and Nathan Porritt to Port Vale in order to get the lads some playing time.

Last edited:
Once they settle and you win a few games, morale will be up and you will not stop winning then. Sure you can turn it around soon :)

September Update

Some positve results
but also some disappointing appearances again. Overall Parker is said to be pretty happy with the results in September

Game 6: Middlesbrough vs. Ipswich 4:1 (Wood,Marveaux,Lewandowski,St.Ledger)
Fantastic game by the lads. Ipswich took the lead pretty early but Wood and Marveaux quickly answered back. Great result to start the month

Game 7: Sheffield Utd vs. Middlesbrough 0:2 (Woods,Walker)
Potter from Sheffield was sent of pretty quickly and we were able to score twice and take 3 Points home. Not really satisfied with the 2nd half though as Sheffield was on the brink to score a goal

Game 8: Middlesbrough vs. West Brom 1:1 (McGugan)
McGugan has been a really good signing so far. We took a 1:0 lead late but *** was able to equalise it after 88 Minutes. Fair draw but i was hoping for more

League Cup Round 3: Watford vs. Middlesbrough 0:1 (Pogatetz)
Poor performance by the lads. Watford was down a player for 60 Minutes but we were still just lucky to win this. Both Lita and Smolarek just couldnt convert but thanks to the Austrian Captain's header we're staying in the competition.
Boro will host Preston at the Riverside Stadium in the 4th Round.

Game 9: Coventry - Middlesbrough 1:0
Again another poor performance. We didn't even create chances so this is a very well deserved loss against a weak Coventry side.

Game 10: Middlesbrough - Leicester 6:2 (Marveaux (4x),St.Ledger,Lewandowski)
Absolutely fantastic game by Marveaux, who completely dominated. Had a 3:0 lead after just 18 minutes but lost Nainggolan to an injury just minutes later. I've been forced to rotate anyways with 3 guys of my squad representing England at the U20: Smithies, Walker and Addison.

League Table

We're moving up! Pretty good month, especially the high scoring games. If the lads are playing well they can pretty much dominate the lower side teams of the Championship. I just hope we can continue to grow as a team.

Player of the Month
52447.jpg

Marveaux who joined for just 85k in July has been amazing for Middlesbrough after returning from an injury that kept him out in August

Smolarek may leave?

There are some rumors that Striker Ebi Smolarek, who signed a 2 year contract with Boro in June, might be unhappy because of his lack of playing time. Could he be on the way out already?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

October Update

Game 11: Reading vs. Middlesbrough 1:2 (Marveaux,Wood)
We had a bit of luck there. Reading had 2 disallowed goals and should have been awarded a penalty as well but sometimes you'll need to have some luck in order to play successful. Marveaux once again was the best player on the pitch - great price-performance ratio so far.

Game 12: Middlesbrough vs. Watford 3:0 (Marveaux,Lewandowski,McGugan)
Another very good game from Marveaux. Another win for the team. It seems like they are clicking with each other better every day.

Game 13: Middlesbrough vs. Derby 0:0
Pretty bad game from both teams. No real chances from both sides so a fair 0:0 draw. Pogatetz and Addison were injured for 2 weeks as well.

Game 14: Preston vs. Middlesbrough 2:3 (Marveaux,Lewandowski,Lita)
We had the lead twice but Preston always was able to come back. Lita, who replaced Wood in the 2nd half scored his first goal with his new club to make it 3:2.

League Cup Round 4: Middlesbrough vs. Preston 2:0 (Lita (2x))
Another win in the back to back game against Preston. Lita played really well and scored both goals for Boro. Looks like Smolarek is heading down in the depth chart even more...

Game 15: Middlesbrough vs. Plymouth 2:2 (Lita, Wood)
Disappointing result. We clearly dominated them but they converted their few chances. Lita with another good performance. Chris Wood is a really good young striker, just 17 years old but already showing that he can compete with the big boys.

League Table

Overall a pretty good month. Bristol has played fantastic so far and we're 10 Points behind but there's still enough football to be played and I think we'll just get better every game. The whole rebuild seems like was really worth it.

Player of the Month
0,,10327~526229,00.jpg

Leroy Lita had 4 Goals in the last 3 Games

Nice mate, good month never seen so many transfers in one window

November Update

Game 16: Crystal Palace vs. Middlesbrough 2:4 (Wheater,Marveaux,Walker,Johnson)
Good game against 2nd seeded Crystal Palace. They scored on both of their attempts late in the game but Johnson was able to strike back.

Game 17: Middlesbrough - Nottingham Forest 2:1 (Lewandowski,Anderson (og))
Another solid result against a Playoff seed rival. We clearly we're the better team but just scored one goal. Pogatetz was injured again and will miss 3 weeks.

Game 18: Peterborough - Middlesbrough 1:1 (Lewandowski)
Disappointing result against a weak Peterborough side. A late equaliser cost us 2 important points.

League Table

Player of the Month
david_wheater1_603160.jpg

David Wheater had a good Month with 1 Goal and a 7.7 Rating

Middlesbrough to play Birmingham in Third Round
Middlesbrough will play Birmingham City in the English FA Cup Third Round. The game will be played at the Riverside Stadium on January 2, 2010

Loving this story. Those transfers are insane ! If I was managing Boro I would of kept Joe Bennett as he has some decent potential ;)

Loving this story. Those transfers are insane ! If I was managing Boro I would of kept Joe Bennett as he has some decent potential ;)

thanks mate. I managed Boro before and he never really turned out for me. I usually dont like making that much moves tbh but i wanted to try out something new and it seems like the lads are growing together as a team :)

Nice form your in now, moving up the table slowly but surely. Think if you can keep this form up you can sneak into the automatic spots and maybe even nick the title if some of the others drop some points.

December Update

Game 19: Middlesbrough vs. Blackpool 4:1 (Wheater,Nainggolan,McGugan,Lita)
Great game by the lads but you have to consider that it was against Blackpool, a team with just 3 Points in 18 games so far. Still a good result.

Game 20: Queens Park Rangers vs. Middlesbrough 3:2 (Walker,Wood)
Close game. We were down 2:0 after a horrible performance in the first 60 minutes of the games but once Walker scored we played much better. Wood equalised late but unfortunately McGugan also scored - against his own team after 92 minutes to give QPR a (deserved) victory.

League Cup Quarter Final: Everton vs. Middlesbrough 3:1 (Nainggolan)
We had the chances but unfortunately couldnt convert them and Saha scored twice early. Still proud about the performance against a good Premier League team.

Game 21: Middlesbrough vs. Cardiff 4:0 (Lewandowski, Marveaux (3x))
Another fantastic Sylvain Marveaux show. Lewandowski opened the scoring after 46 minutes and Marveaux also scored just two minutes later. His other two goals came after 87 and 90 minutes of playing time.

Game 22: Newcastle vs. Middlesbrough 2:1 (Marveaux)
We deserved a point here but once again it was our own fault. Too many missed chances. Marveaux with another nice performance. Best signing this season so far, for almost nothing.

Game 23: Middlesbrough vs. Scunthorpe 3:0 (Lewandowski (2x), Murphy (og))
Great game by Lewandowski. He's not only great at scoring goals but also at setting them up, with 9 Assists already and i believe he had like 4 disallowed goals already.

Game 24: Barnsley vs. Middlesbrough 1:3 (Nainggolan,Marveaux,Lita)
Great way to end the year. Once again we could have easily won by a bigger margin but a win is still a win.

League Table

Not happy about the defeats (especially the ones in the league) but you can't win them all and we've still managed to move up another slot although we're 6 Points behind the 2nd place now. There are (at least) 23 more games to be played so i'm confident that we'll secure at least a Playoff spot.

Player of the Month
16.jpg

Marveaux with another fanstastic month scoring 4 goals for his team.

The January transfer Period is approaching and it's said that Parker will make some more moves in order to strenghten his team for the future. Rumors claim that a young Fullback from Tottenham and one from Fulham will join the team. They might not have an immediate impact but Parker always stated that his ambitions are clearly to build a team for the future.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Boro add 3 Youngsters in January Transfer Period

Boro manager Steven Parker was able to bring 3 more young players to Riverside Stadium by adding Matthew Briggs from Fulham, Michael Woods from Chelsea and Adam Smith from Tottenham. All 3 were transfer listed by their former teams and will be looking forward to join Boro.

Matthew Briggs

Matthew-Briggs-Fulham-Pre-Season_2355377.jpg

Matthew Briggs joins Boro for a fee of just 85.000€. He likely wont be the next Ashley Cole but Parker believes that he has the tools to become a solid EPL fullback. Briggs can also play as CB.

Michael Woods
0,,10268%7E3427448,00.jpg

Woods joins the Riverside Stadium from Chelsea for 375.000€. It's believed that Parker really likes his upside. Woods will face a tough challenge competing for a slot in Middlesbroughs crowded Central Midfield. Just like the two others, he might not have an immediate impact but he has the tools to become a pretty good player.

Adam Smith
adam_smith_2008.jpg

Smith was stuck behind Hutton,Naughton and Corluka at the Whitehard Lane and therefore was transfer listed. Boro bought him for 95.000€ and Parker believes that he was worth the money. Just like Briggs, he likely wont turn into a superstar Fullback but Parker believes that he also has the tools to become a pretty decent RB in the future.

Smolarek set for Athletico

Ebi Smolarek will leave Middlesbrough after just 6 Months at the Riverside Stadium. The 28 year old Polish striker appeared in just 10 games for Boro where he scored 3 goals and was reportedly unhappy about his lack of playing time. He has agreed to join Spanish giants Athletico Madrid for a fee of 3.8 Million €. Middlesbrough on the other hand is now rumored to be looking for a cheap replacement for Smolarek.

Ball will join Leicester

Leicester City has signed veteran Fullback Michael Ball for a fee of 1.3 Million €. Ball, who joined Boro from Manchester City was just a Rotation player for Boro and therefore is said to be very happy to join the Foxes.

Teesiders sign Swedish Leftback Johansson
Middlesbrough has signed Swedish Leftback Emil Johansson from Hammarby for a fee of 675.000 €. Johansson is said to be the permanent replacement for Michael Ball, who left for Leicester. Johansson was highly recommended by one of Boro's scouts and Parker is said to be very happy about signing the 23 year old.

There also was a pre-arranged deal for Sean St. Ledger, who has been on loan for the last 6 months from Preston, for 4 Million €.

Am I the scout you mention ? ^^

Still doing ok despite those defeats, this is the story I look for straight away when I check the site now :)

Keep it up

Am I the scout you mention ? ^^

Still doing ok despite those defeats, this is the story I look for straight away when I check the site now :)

Keep it up

yeah :p. There might be another one of your suggested players joining :)

Thanks buddy, i really like FM again after those ******* exams :)

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:43 PM ----------

Boro loans Harewood
Middlesbrough F.C. has loaned out striker Marlon Harewood from Aston Villa until the end of the season. Harewood is said to be Parker's replacement sign for Ebi Smolarek who left for Madrid earlier.

HAREWOOD-Marlon-0809_1269756.jpg

Briggs,Smith loaned out
Recently signed prospects Adam Smith and Matthew Briggs have been loaned out. Briggs joins Gateshead while Smith joins Mansfield.

Richard Smallwood, Jason Steele and Nathan Porritt have extended their loan deals with their current teams.

Pogatetz,Johnson ink extensions
Middlesbrough has signed Captain Emanuel Pogatetz and Winger Adam Johnson to 4 year deals that will keep them with the club until June 30, 2013. "We are really happy to extend the contracts with both of these players. Emanuel has been a key player for a few years now and Adam Johnson is on his way to become a very good winger", said Steven Parker.

January Update

FA Cup 3rd Round: Middlesbrough vs. Birmingham City 1:1 (Lewandowski)
Good result against the Blues. We had more than enough chances but once again failed. Lewandowski continued to impress with Lita as his partner up front at the moment. (Chris Wood has been with the New Zealand National team for some time now already).

Game 25: Middlesbrough vs. Swansea 3:1 (Pogatetz,Lewandowski,Johansson)
Very good result and great game by Johansson. Pogatetz with the early goal after just 2 Minutes with Lewandowski sealing the deal just 13 minutes later

FA Cup 3rd Round: Birmingham City vs. Middlesbrough 0:1 (Hubbins)
Hubbins scores the winner against his former team late to give Boro the win. Birmingham played shorthanded for the whole game (Scott Dann got sent of in the first minute already). Fantastic result and i'm really happy to make it to the 4th Round.

Boro to play Plymouth in the 4th Round
Middlesbrough will play Plymouth in the 4th Round of the F.A. Cup. The first game will be played at the Home Park in Plymouth

Game 26: Sheffield United vs. Middlesbrough 1:2 (Harewood (2x))
Great game by Harewood against a direct rival for promotion. The loan player stepped in for Lita and did a great job for his new team.

FA Cup 4th Round: Plymouth vs. Middlesbrough 1:3 (Marveaux,Wheater,Pogatetz)
Great win in a close game against Plymouth. Marveaux scored on a penalty and both Wheater and Pogatetz scored goals from corners.

Aston Villa next opponent in FA Cup
Middlesbrough will play against Aston Villa in the 5th Round of the FA Cup. The game will be played at Villa Park in February.

Game 27: Doncaster vs. Middlesbrough 0:0
We absolutely dominated them but Pavel Londak (8.5 Rating this game) was absolutely outstanding for Doncaster in net. Those 2 points could cost us quite a lot.

Game 28: Middlesbrough vs. Bristol City 5:2 (Marveaux (3x),Harewood,McGugan)
Absolutely fantastic result against the league leaders. Marveaux was simply outstanding once again. We we're down 1:0 early but Marveaux absolutely killed Bristol in that game. Was 5:1 for a long time until Clarkson scored on a Penalty in the 90th minute

League Table

Almost a perfect month. We once again moved up one slot and are just 3 Points behind Newcastle and 4 behind Bristol right now. If this team continues to play like this, i'm pretty sure we will catch up with at least one of those teams.

Player of the Month
Marveaux-05ca1.jpg

Sylvain Marveaux continued his impressive season with 4 more goals and a 7.26 Rating

Parker wins January award
Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker was won the Coca Cola Championship Manager of the Month award in January. Nottingham Forrest boss Billy Davies came in 2nd and Cardiff boss Dave Jones 3rd

Walker wins Youth player award in January
Middlesbrough Central Midfielder Josh Walker has won the Youth Player of the Month award in January. He appeared in 4 Games with a 7.28 Rating.

Last edited:
Still doing well, nice to see Harewood getting a few :)

February Update

Game 29: Ipswich vs. Middlesbrough 2:4 (Lewandowski (3x),Marveaux)
Absolutely amazing performance by Lewandowski. Not to proud that we blew a 2:0 lead within 15 minutes but even a missed penalty couldnt stop us there. We're rolling!

Game 30: Middlesbrough vs. Barnsley 0:1
Really disappointing result against Barnsley. We we're the better team in a very weak match. This was our chance to cut down the gap between us and Bristol/Newcastle as they both lost as well. Missed this great opportunity

FA Cup 5th Round: Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough 4:3 (McGugan,Wheater,Jonsson)
Fantastic fight by the lads. We were down 2:0 but came back, we were down 3:2 but came back. Unfortunately Ashley Young scored 2 minutes into the added time to give Villa the win. Brutal way to end this. We deserved at least the tie if not more.

Game 31: Blackpool vs. Middlesbrough 1:3 (Marveaux (2x),Lita)
It was a pretty close game against last placed Blackpool just 3 days after the Villa game. Thank god Marveaux stepped up and scored two more. Blackpool's Pedro scored late to make it 1:2 but Leroy Lita scored immediately after that to make it a 2 goal lead again.

Game 32: Nottingham Forrest vs. Middlesbrough 2:1 (Lewandowski)
Bitter result against our rivals. Bristol has been choking lately but it seems like we cant really convert that to our advantage. Forrest was the better team and deserved that victory. If he continue to struggle like that it will be very hard to keep on pushing forward, not because of Bristol playing so great right now but because of others, just like Nottingham moving up.

Game 33: Middlesbrough vs. Peterbrough 3:1 (Marveaux,Jonsson,Lewandowski)
Big win against Peterbrough. We we're down early but Marveaux just proved his unbelievable worth for this team again. Amazing season for him this year.

Game 34: Middlesbrough vs. Q.P.R. 3:1 (Lita,Lewandowski,Weiss)
We lost the last game against them but this time we we're clearly the better side. Lita and Lewandowski seem to develop some chemistry together and it's always nice to see rotation guys like Weiss getting a goal. Bristol lost and with one more game played we've moved into the 2nd slot right now.

League Table

We once again moved up a slot (just look at the former league tables) and Bristol (if they win their game) just is 1 Point away now.So 1 more month to be first? :p With 12 games to go I believe we have a great chance to secure at least the 2nd spot. The F.A. Cup defeat was really disappointing but i'm proud of the lads. It showed that we can compete with some of the bigger sides and now can fully concentrate on the league.

Player of the Month

lewandowski.jpg

Robert Lewandowski - the striker scored 6 goals this month with a 7,5 Rating in 6 games played.

Automatics are within touching distance, keep it up!

March Update

Game 35: Cardiff vs. Middlesbrough 4:4 (Wood (2x),Marveaux (2x))
Sigh. We we're down 3:1, shorthanded and completed the comeback, Wood's late goal even gave us the lead but Chopra's late qualiser killed us.

Game 36: Middlesbrough vs. Newcastle 3:1 (McGugan,Marveaux,Lewandowski)
Fantastic game against the Magpies. Marveaux formidable again in this important game. Could the streak of moving up 1 slot per month really continue?

Game 37: Derby vs. Middlesbrough 2:4 (Moxey (og), Lewandowski (3x))
Lewandowski! Great game by the young Polish striker, if Marveaux isn't there it's often Lewandowski who scores the important goals. Will be an interesting summer for him and Boro for sure...

Game 38: Middlesbrough vs. Reading 1:1 (Wood)
****. ****. ****. We clearly should have won this but Reading's keeper sadly had a great game. That kinda makes the good result against Newcastle pointless, we should care more about Bristol.

Game 39: Watford vs. Middlesbrough 2:1 (Marveaux)
Ughhhhhh. Terrible performance by the lads, Watford was clearly the better team and it easily could have been a much higher score. That's a big blow as Bristol moved ahead of us again.

Game 40: Middlesbrough vs. Preston 4:2 (Lewandowski (2x),Nainggolan,Lonergan (og))
At least it was a win, we we're the better team but our defensive play cost us two more goals this game. Our offensive is amazing but there might be some needs for adjustments on the back in the next season. Miles Addison is banned because of 10 yellow cards right now and that might be very well the reason. He's been superb as a DMC, but it seems like the others cant replace him adequately.

League Table

Horrible month. We beat Newcastle just to give up that advantage with a horrible performance against Watford.Bristol is ahead 2 Points with 6 more games to go. Can Boro fight back? At least it seems like that we have secured a Playoff spot already.

Player of the Month&Young Player of the Month

Robert-Lewandowski-Poland-Republic-of-Ireland_2306972.jpg

Robert Lewandowski scored 6 Goals in 6 Games in March with a 7.43 Rating

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Automatics are within touching distance, keep it up!

i hope we can bounce back. Still everything possible. :)

Really enjoying your story bruvva! Keep it up :D

Thanks pal

Last edited: