Nice story, and it is almost amazing how your story is quite different from my own Middlesbrough game. I actually used Sam Vokes as a substitute striker along with Poldoski behind my awesome regen striker, and they rock well (I play a somewhat modified 4-2-3-1, with the deep lying defensive playmaker being pushed up to central midfield to be more offensive). Exciting story, I would have asked you to let Sam Vokes to stay, but it seems he never settled in your team.

April&End of Season Update

Premier League - Game 30 - Middlesbrough vs. West Ham

Should have been a win or a draw but we're leaving Riverside with 0 Points. Big defeat against one of our Rivals for Europa League/Champions League

Europa League - Qtr Finals - Leg 2: Tottenham vs. Middlesbrough

What a finish! Fabio red carded, down a goal only a few seconds later just to come back and win the Game. Great game by Rodriguez who came in for a weak Chris Wood after 60 minutes. We've made it to the Semi Finals which is a great achievement.

Other games:
Athletico Madrid vs. Valencia 2:0
Valencia vs. Athletico Madrid 2:1

Athletico Madrid advances to Semi Finals
---
Liverpool vs. AC Milan 2:2
A.C. Milan vs. Liverpool 1:2

Liverpool advances to Semi Finals
---
Manchester City vs. Inter 2:3
Inter vs. Manchester City 4:2

Inter advances to Semi Finals

Semi Finals:
Athletico Madrid vs. Liverpool
Middlesbrough vs. Inter

FA Cup - Semi Finals - Middlesbrough vs. Liverpool

We didn't play really well and Liverpool dominated but still we're able to come away with the win thanks to a lucky goal by Chris Wood. Alex Smithies again was fantastic in the net. Once again we've made it to a Cup Final and once again we have to play Chelsea. We suffered a loss in the Carling Cup Finals this year - time for revenge?

Premier League - Game 31 - Newcastle vs. Middlesbrough

We we're the better team but once again failed to convert our chances. We've got a lot of players who can score but none of them can really score on a consistent basis. We clearly lack this top forward, otherwise I think we would be Champions League material.

Premier League - Game 32 - Chelsea vs. Middlesbrough

See result. Enough said.

Europa League - Semi Finals - Leg 1: Middlesbrough vs. Inter

Again we we're dominated but once again we we're lucky and Verratti scored late. We have a chance to make the Finals again but we'll need to give 120% defensively in San Siro if we wanna stop the offensive powerhouse.

Premier League - Game 33 - Middlesbrough vs. Bristol

Aaaaaaaaaand once again we fail in front of the net but at least we came away with 3 Points. We're still doing great but our lack of scoring bothers me.

Premier League - Game 34 - Manchester City vs. Middlesbrough

I hate our schedule. Seriously why do we have to play a league game just 24 hours after the Bristol game? There was enough time before but thanks F.A. - well done. Can't really complain. Most First Squad guys had like 60-70% Condition at the Start so i rotated big time. Didn't work out but the scheduling still ****** me off.

Premier League - Game 35 - Middlesbrough vs. Tottenham

After a little break (3 days this time) we we're able to beat the Spurs again and once again it was by a single goal. Champions League is within reach...

Europa League - Semi Finals - Leg 2: Inter vs. Middlesbrough

We didn't have a chance there at all. Congrats Inter, well deserved, it sucks to lose in the Semi's but Inter has a top team with incredible players.

Premier League - Game 36 - Bolton vs. Middlesbrough

All 3 Premier League games against Bolton have been a 0-0 so far. Well we've finally won this but we paid a big price for it - both Dawson and Addison suffered season ending injuries - missing the last 2 Premier League games, against Inter in the Europa League and in the F.A. Cup Finals against Chelsea.

League Table:

Player of the Month:
0,,10366%7E5313989,00.jpg

Chris Wood - scored a bunch of very important goals to keep our Champions League dream alive.

Premier League - Game 37 - Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough

A really lucky win against Villa after bringing in Wilshere after 75 minutes. We're 4th right now with just 1 game to go.

Premier League - Game 38 - Middlesbrough vs. Everton

We played terrible and therefore didn't deserve to win this and qualify for the Champions League. We once again finish 5th, just like last year but considering what would have been possible it's a big disappointment. Missed the big cash from Champions League by just one point.

Final League Table:

F.A. Cup Final - Chelsea vs. Middlesbrough

Unbelieveable. We had a 2 goal lead early just to walk away with nothing in the end again. Collecting some silverware to end the season would have been nice but my National Team player Drogba thought otherwise.Congrats Chelsea
6a01156fb5bd0d970c011570b5835e970b-800wi

---
I would have been very happy with a 5th place finish, 2 Cup Finals and a Semi Final in Europe at the start of the season but looking back at the season right now it's disappointing. Of course we didn't have the best schedule in the end (with multiple games within 2 days or even 1) but still in the end it was our own fault. Still proud of this young team, some of these results might have something to do with our lack of experience We've finished well above expectations for 2 years in a row and are doing great financially. I need to see my budget first but right now I'd say that we could see some massive changes for sure. Michael Dawson has been great for us but he constantly is demanding to be moved, our Strikers are solid but not really world class. We've got good depth and a lot of potential in the squad and this year we could finally only need 2-3 new players (assuming no other key players will leave) to make us a real contender.
Now I'll have my first games as National Coach of Ivory Coast coming up and maybe I'll find someone for Boro there :p

Season Stats/other Competitions/others in the next Update :)

Last edited:
Great update mate! unlucky end to the season missing out on the FA and Europa League and also the Champions league. But gives you a challenge for next year. You got any targets in mind? keep up the great work glad to see this story up an running again :D

Great update mate! unlucky end to the season missing out on the FA and Europa League and also the Champions league. But gives you a challenge for next year. You got any targets in mind? keep up the great work glad to see this story up an running again :D

thanks mate :)
I already missed out on 3 (or if you add Kjaer who went to City 4) guys I had targeted as a replacement for Dawson (more to come in the next updates) but there are a few guys on my list. Will need to see how much money the board will give me and how much I can raise with further sales. I made (or had to make) a whole bunch of signings in the last 3 seasons but this time my focus is on 2-3 really top class guys. Jovetic, Subotic and Soldado are 3 guys I'll be targeting

Season Stats&Final Review

The Team

Premiership: 5th Place
F.A. Cup: Runner Up
Carling Cup: Runner Up
Europa League: Semi Finals

Player Stats

Middlesbrough's Player of the Year
joe-hart-goalkeeper.jpg

Joe Hart - still not England's #1 - what's wrong with you Fabio?

Other Awards

Team of the Year

Manager of the Year

Player of the Year

Top Goalscorer of the Year

Other Competitions

Championship

Europa League

Champions League

-------------
Transfer News

First target was Danny Wilson of the Rangers, 20 years old, and available for Free. He would have been the ideal signing for this team - can play CB and LB, still young and lots of potential left but unfortunately he decided to sign with Toulouse in France.

Marc Muniesa was another young player I tried to sign in the winter for the next season. Arsenal was the other big suitor for his services and signed him in the January Transfer Window.

Finally Ryan Shawncross hit the market after Stoke got relegated. He already has some experience with his 24 years and would have been a great pickup to replace Dawson (who will likely leave as I already said earlier, I'm tired of his demands to be moved to a better team) but again we missed out and he signed with the Spurs where he is likely going to replace soon to be released Jonathan Woodgate.

Speaking of Arsenal earlier they have made some talented players available and moved them to their Reserve Squad, most notable names are Traore and Gibbs. We showed some interest in Gibbs, particularly because he's English but I wasn't willing to offer him a regular 11 spot with Fabio already being here. He refused to sign with Middlesbrough and went to Alkmaar instead.

So nothing really happened here so far. On the other side both Vladimir Weiss and Sam Vokes will return from their loan deals and likely are going to be placed on the Transfer List. No news on Christopher Buchtmann's loan yet - Caen still has the option to pick him up for 3M €.

New Feeder Club Link announced

With just Darlington as Middlesbrough's feeder club right now the Club looked to improve there. We have some good Youth players coming up and I hope they profit from going out on loan...