Premier League Team of the Year

Wood wins Young Player of the Year award

Ancelotti named Manager of the year again
Middlesbrough's Steven Parker claims 2nd place

Parker given new budget - looking for quality

Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker has been given a new budget of 23.5 M € and a wage budget of 700k p/w in order to achieve a respectable position within the league. Boro is currently spending 491k p/w. With Nicolas Burdisso already leaving and the potential leave of Miles Addison and Sylvain Ebanks-Blake Parker could boost up his budget a bit more.

Parker already revealed that he's looking for "real quality" this summer with names like Predro (Barcelona), Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Hazard (Lille) or Morimoto (Catania) on his list from Europe.

edenhazard_304824.jpg

Edin Hazard could join Middlesbrough for a fee of arround 20 Million €.

37922.jpg

Cesar Azpilicueta is seen as a possible replacement for Dutch defender Tom Hiariej

Rumors suggest that he's already inquired about Arsenal Midfielder Jack Wilshere and is willing to pay up to 15 M € for the 19 year old and has also shown interest in midfielders Fabian Delph and Jack Collison.

jack-wilshere.jpg

Jack Wilshere could be on his way to Riverside Stadium soon.

Patrick Vieira, Sylvan Ebanks Blake, Matthew Bates, Vladimir Weiss and Richard Smallwood are said to have no future under Parker's regime anymore and will likely be sold to gain further funds for transfers.

Wow exciting times at the riverside!

Otamendi set for Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough has signed 23 year old central back Nicolas Otamendi from Velez for 1.9M €. Otamendi should replace fellow Argentinian Nicolas Burdisso who will join Lyon for 8M €. Otamendi appeared in 30 games for Velez last season where he scored 2 goals and added 5 assists. Otamendi is one of South America's top yong defensive players and therefore his move to Middlesbrough definitely comes as a surprise. Otamendi is Middlesbrough's first signing for the upcoming season and will likely quickly take a key role in Parker's plans.

f_Otamendi-accion_300x300.jpg

good signings there mate and some great targets keep up the good work. looking forward to your next update :D will we see a mass of transfers this summer?

New Youth Players intake

Again a bunch of promising prospects joined our Academy :)

Especially O'Grady is considered to be one of England's best young players.

Board plans to install undersoil heating

Together with the install of the undersoil heating Middlesbrough Chairman Steve Gibson announced that there will also be an expansion of 7050 seats. The new capacity will be 42050 afterwards.

Parker chasing Fabio, Rafael

Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker is interested in bringing in Manchester United's twin brothers Fabio and Rafael to join fellow countryman Wellington Silva for up to 25M € according to Skysports. Middlesbrough full backs Emil Johansson, Eggert Jonsson and Tom Hiarej have attracted serious interest from several other teams and Parker might be tempted to sell them and therefore needs to find a good replacement.

Fabio.jpg
Rafael.jpg

Fellow Brazilian wonderkid Raul from Athletico Paranese is also on Parkers list if he fails to bring in the twin brothers together as RB Rafael has taken over Gary Neville's role on United's squad last season while Fabio has been loaned out to several teams including Dortmund,Fluminese and Burnley. With both Alexander Kolarov and Patrice Evra ahead of him in the depth chart a transfer is becoming more and more likely.

Wilshere set for Middlesbrough
Arsenal youngster joins Boro for 13M €

Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker has spent the cash and has made his 2nd big signing of the offseason after bringing in 19 year old English Midfielder Jack Wilshere for 13M € from Arsenal. "Jack Wilshere is a very versatile young player with a lot of potential. He fits our needs perfectly and I can't wait to work with him", said Parker. Wilshere will be a key part of Middlesbrough's future and is said to be very happy to work under Parker.

250px-Jack_Wilshere.jpg

Whilshere will be immense for you mate!

hope so :)

Question guys:

Should I bring in Fabio (costs 10M) and sell Emil Johansson? I also have Jeremy Helan and Christopher Buchtmann for this position. Fabio has huge potential but I dunno if he's worth the money (i'm not City yet haha). Johansson is solid and I believe Helan and maybe even Buchtmann can become pretty solid too.

Screens:

Same problem for RB:
I'll be selling Hiraej most likely (I found him randomly after failing to bring in the guy I really wanted) and have Hampus Jansson in my Reserve squad. Jansson seems to have pretty good potential with teams like Arsenal making offers for him. Realistic transfer target would be Raul (about 10M as well I believe). Raul clearly is the best right now but I dunno if I should spent the money there, Eggert Jonsson (first RB) is doing a great job but could use some competition.

I should have the money to get both for sure, just not sure if they are worth the gamble.
Tell me what you think :)

Congrats on the epic season mate! Just thought i'd say that try and give Wellington Silva as much playing time as you can next year, the kid turns immence! He's already agreed to sign Arsenal on the 10.3 patch! Anyway, good luck with the next season :)

Glad to see you back! That Raul guy looks very attacking, tackling of only 8 and hes poor in the air. Depends if you want your full backs to be getting forward and crossing the ball, getting assists, or if you want them to be solid to keep clean sheets. I would personally get Fabio and play him as right back as he is solid all round and right footed. He would train their and become a natural in no time at all. Keep Johansson left back.

Glad to see you back! That Raul guy looks very attacking, tackling of only 8 and hes poor in the air. Depends if you want your full backs to be getting forward and crossing the ball, getting assists, or if you want them to be solid to keep clean sheets. I would personally get Fabio and play him as right back as he is solid all round and right footed. He would train their and become a natural in no time at all. Keep Johansson left back.

With Wilshere and my Youth guy Sotiropoulos in the pipeline i'm tending towards a winger tactic. I always favor a more defensive lineup but my scouts seem to love this Raul guy. I tried to get Rafael but United is asking for 30M, which is waaaay too much for me. Training Fabio sounds like a good idea mate, thanks. Money won't be an issue with what i'll be getting back :)

Good signings mate, awesome story, keep up the good work:)

Goodbye Riverside
11 Players will leave Middlesbrough in the Summer

Middlesbrough fans see yet another season with major changes for their team with 11 Players leaving for a new club on permanent deals.

Patrick Vieira ---> Torino (free)
Patrick Vieira's time with Middlesbrough was a short and a disappointing one. Vieira was brought in to help this team with his experience but he never hit the ground here. Middlesbrough has agreed to pay him 8,000€ p/w until the end of his contract in 2012. 8,000€ is still better than 29,000 p/w. Patrick Vieira probably was Parker's worst signing so far.

Matthew Bates ---> Hibernian (275,000€)
A long time member of the team says goodbye. Bates was injured for 14 Months when Parker took over and has been trailed with minor injuries the last season as well and never played a game under Parker's regime. Middlesbrough will pay him 4,300€ until the end of his contract.

Adam Boyes ---> Doncaster (600,000€ + 25% Sell on Clause)
The talented 20 year old who joined for just 160,000€ last year was loaned out to Chesterfield last year where he scored 10 goals in 25 games was seen as a surplus after Wellington Silva arrived. It was pretty clear that he just had a very small chance with the club but the competition was just too big for him.

Onoforos Roushias ---> Modena (1,2M € + 20% Sell on Clause)
Another striker that didn't have a real chance to break into the squad and therefore was granted to leave. He has some talent but I don't think he'll be good enough for a Premier League team.

Jonathan Franks ---> Blackburn (1,5M € + 20% Sell on Clause)
Franks is another Middlesbrough Academy product who couldn't break into the first team. He has some talent but I doubt that he's good enough for a regular spot on Blackburn.

Richard Smallwood ---> Cardiff (3M € + 20% Sell on Clause)
Another one out of our Academy, he's a local boy too but there just was too much competiton for him on his position. He would have faced yet another season on the bench or on loan somewhere and Cardiff's offer was just really good for a guy that never played a regular game for me.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake ---> Atalanta (3,3M €)
Ebanks-Blake joined Middlesbrough from Wolverhampton for 2M € last year and just played 5 games for Boro. He wasn't bad but I just felt that he wouldn't see much playing time this year as well.

Tom Hiarej ---> Porto (3,7M € + 15% Sell on Clause)
Hiraej joined from Dutch side Groningen for 1,6M € last year and played just 19 games for the team. He was solid on most of the games but wasn't a part of the teams future anymore.
Ruben Yttergård Jenssen ---> Manchester United (7,5M € + 500.000€ after next international appearance)

Jenssen who joined for free played just 5 games after he joined last winter but always was really solid. It's sad to see him go but he wanted to leave to join his favourite club. With Michael Woods and Christian Eriksen still in our system I believe (and hope) he was expendable.

Nicolas Burdisso ---> Lyon (8M €)
Burdisso was a key part of the success last year but Lyon already put that offer out in the Winter but I was able to delay the transfer until the Summer Period. With only 12 Months left on his contract this offer was too good to turn down.

Sean St. Ledger ---> Sevilla (8M €)
St Ledger lost his regular spot on the team to Burdisso last year. With Burdisso leaving it was a really hard decision to make but I believe Otamendi and Beevers are good enough to take over a regular spot on the team. St. Ledger is a really solid guy but with the talent I have coming in/up i thought he was expendable.

Transfer Out's overview:

Addison signs extension

Miles Addison has ended the speculation about him leaving the club after signing a new contract until 2016. The new deal will pay him 40,000€ a week and includes an out clause of 57M €. Addison wanted to move to a bigger club earlier but Parker was able to convince his Captain to stay with the squad.

0,,10794~4673242,00.jpg

Nice, raised a good bit of money there. Looking forward to seeing your replacements.

Fabio to join Middlesbrough
Parker still might not be done yet

Middlesbrough has completed the signing of 21 year old fullback Fabio from Manchester United for 10M €. Fabio was stuck behind Alexander Kolarov and Patrice Evra at United and therefore was granted to leave. Fabio, who was loaned out to Fluminese and Dortmund last year, signed a 5 year deal until 2016. Fabio will leave United and his brother behind in order to take the next step in his career.

4091162483-29072009195105.jpg

Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker is said to still have a transfer budget of 20M € after this transfer. Rumors suggest that another Serbian double is on his list - central midfielder Nemanja Matic from Chelsea and winger Adem Ljajic from Partizan.

EMP-7474327.jpg

Nemanja Matic (right) and...

Ljajic.jpg

...Adem Ljajic are next on Steven Parker's list according to rumors.

Meanwhile the signing of Brazilian wingback Raul is highly unlikely unless another defender will leave Riverside. Middlesbrough recently turned down a 2,5M € offer for Slobodan Rajkovic from Burnley.

Good signing mate should do well for you! Matic is a class act on FM aswel!

Gibson's decision to sell Jonsson, Raijkovic will give Parker headaches

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson has decided to accept offers from Tottenham for allrounder Eggert Jonsson and left back Slobodan on his behalf in order to strenghten his clubs finances. Jonsson, who joined Middlesbrough from Hearts of the SPL 2 years ago will join the Spurs for 10,5M. Manager Steven Parker was completely shocked when he heard the news. Jonsson, who is a great allrounder, was a key member of Middlesbrough in the last 2 years and it will be very hard to replace him.

Gibson also took over the reigns after Burnley offered 6,5M € for Serbian left back/central back Slobodan Rajkovic. Parker was able to turn down the first offer but Chairman Steve Gibson felt that this second offer from Burnley was too good to be turned down.

Losing two key defense members is a massive blow for Steven Parker's plans. Rajkovic deperature likely means that Fabio will actually stay on the left side but Middlesbrough now has a huge gap to fill on his right defensive side with nobody left there.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:24 PM ----------

Middlesbrough boss signs two more Serbians

It seems like that Middlesbrough is on the way to become Little Belgrade. Even though Slobodan Rajkovic left to join Burnley earlier the Serbian group in Middlesbrough just got bigger. Middlesbrough boss Steven Parker announced that the club has signed Serbian Internationals Nemanja Matic from Chelsea and Adem Ljajic from Partizan. Matic, joins Boro from Chelsea where he just played 3 games last year for 2,6M € and is said to be the replacement of Yttergård Jenssen. Parker believes that he's ready to step in immediately and still has a lot of upside left in him. He'll face some tough competition in Boro's central midfield but he has all the tools to become sucessful.

Parker's second signing Adem Ljajic has a 10M € price tag written over him and that might put a lot of pressure on the 19 year old. He has loads of talent and can play both on the right well and as a central midfielder. He'll likely have to compete with Jack Wilshere on the right wing. This signing likely is the final blow for Vladimir Weiss's career with the Teesiders. Just like his fellow countryman Miralem Sulejmani Ljajic has loads of talent but might have some problems settling in because of the language barrier.

Rogers, Thompson to join Middlesbrough Youth Academy

Middlesbrough Steven Parker continues to build up an impressive Youth core with the recent arrivals of Andrew Rogers from MK Dons and Lee Thompson from Leicester. Both will play a final year with the U-18 team before joining the Pro's next season. Future looks bright at Riverside...

Meanwhile Matthew Briggs will go out on loan to Wrexham for 6 months.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Raul completes Middlesbrough switch

21 year old Brazilian wing back Raul has completed his move to Middlesbrough and signed a contract until 2016. Raul joins Middlesbrough from Brazilian club Athletico Paranese for about 9,5M €. Raul already was close to join Middlesbrough earlier this summer but Middlesbrough signed Manchester United fullback Fabio instead. With the departure of Eggert Jonsson to Tottenham Steven Parker decided to pull the trigger on the deal. Raul is a very offensive minded defender who likes to move forward. Raul is the 3rd Brazilian player on Middlesbrough's squad.

raul.jpg

Middlesbrough boss Parker lands surprising coup to sum up transfer period
Middlesbrough manager Steven Parker ended his shopping spree with the signing of 19 year old Mexican defender Julio Bravo from Mexican giants Chivas for 4,3M €. Bravo is considered to be one of the brightest defensive talents on the whole world and already is a Mexican International. Bravo was seen by the Middlesbrough scouts at the Copa America and despite his tiny budget left Middlesbrough was able to complete the swap. Bravo fits a lot of needs. He's an excellent central and right defender but also is the free kick and penalty taker this club has been looking for. Bravo could be one of the rising stars in the next Premier League window.

With the arrival of Bravo it's almost certain that Parker is done shopping and will only looking to offload players like Vladimir Weiss who are deemed surplus at Riverside right now.

Nice signings :D good luck for next season!