can i use corners/throw-in/free-kicks from this tactic for Gladiator v1?

For me TFF's set pieces work much better than the set pieces of this tactic but you can try them maybe you'll have more lucky with them than I had...

attachment.php
attachment.php

great tactics, best regards

can anyone export and post here the team strategie? i want to try in fm 2018 thanks in advance

been using this tactic for a while now, I've changed the set pieces to TTF's as they were better for me.

Won the Premiership, Champions League, F.A Cup and Carabou Cup.

Very Very Basic Middlesbrough Squad used, I'v posted some Screens.

View attachment 8578View attachment 8577

My Squad still consists of alot of original Boro Players, George Saville Dael Fry Adam Clayton Ashley Fletcher Nathan Wood.

This Tactic has been Phenomenal for me. Thankyou.

been using this tactic for a while now, I've changed the set pieces to TTF's as they were better for me.

View attachment 1207718View attachment 1207719

My Squad still consists of alot of original Boro Players, George Saville Dael Fry Adam Clayton Ashley Fletcher Nathan Wood.

It may well be the TTF set pieces are more efficient. My testbed with Bournemouth, Kilmarnock and Man City was by no means full proof.

I'll upload a version called Tannerbaw to the main post which includes TFFs set pieces. I'm fairly confident defensively set piece wise its as good as it can get but throw ins, freekicks and corners offensively it could probably be improved with TFFs as the feedback reflects that.

Oh and I can take absolutely **** all credit for this tactic, this is a bastardised version of pretty much everyone's good bits.

Also, well done on those results, you have to do everything else right to get them, so kudos.

Last edited:

View attachment 1207718View attachment 1207719

What tactic is this?

What tactic is this?

This tactic which Mr Hough can confirm is TFF's attacking set pieces alongside the original tactic. Iv'e added this to the original post with set pieces instructions.

I'll do the Bournemouth save again using the Tannerbaw tactic just to see the difference in set pieces as I have the data there to compare. Will upload tonight. I think, based on Mr Hough and others experiences though, that there may well be more goals scored from set plays.

Last edited:
It seems that left back and left wing should be right footed, and vice versa on the other side? This works better in terms of defending and also scoring?!....

Any experienced advice from anyone?

I also think that fullbacks play way better in this tatic with inverted foot! they tend to cut inside and i see they taking way better decisions when they are inverted foot . The wingers i think really is like it is left on left and right on right cause of the individual instructions! so they run the ball down by the flank and cross inside!

Enjoyed the original version but the throw-ins is just suicide lol. Kept dropping points because of it.

No defenders back and th AI leaving 3 up top to counter me XD
attachment.php

Enjoyed the original version but the throw-ins is just suicide lol. Kept dropping points because of it.

+1

The throw-ins in the original version have been awful for me :S

Also, I almost don't score from the corners...

The new Scotia version has throw ins fixed.
+1
The throw-ins in the original version have been awful for me :S
Also, I almost don't score from the corners...

It's fixed now.

Try the set-up I just posted: LINK

Your set up, whilst convoluted is ****** brilliant based on results i'm getting so far.

Therefore coined a new version of the tactic to include these, credit to yourself, called Scotia. Doing a new testbed with Bournemouth which i'll upload onto here but got two corner goals the first game.

Added to the main post.

Last edited:
you could try my throw-in i score a lot from this set piece...I call it the pyramid I used to have the striker in the middle but found I got a lot of offsides so I moved it to the side and rarely get offside now

View attachment 8506

View attachment 8507

Chrissy Dude, I'm playing with your tactic DYJ with AC Milan, after 1st half of the season everything was so good. Lots of goals, great defence, did everything you wrote in first post! After 1st January, I score less and less goals, concede 2-4 (same players, always fit 93% and above). Now I'm using Tannerbaw and still have problem with finishing, and conceding more than 1-2 per match...

Do you use OI or you let your Assistant do it?

Thanks

Added to the main post.

Hey Chrissy Dude, should it be mentioned in OP that DR/DL also shouldn't take corners? (as a sidenote when setting no preferred corner taker I get some variation of the corners, rather than sticking to the same routine 100% of the time, this seems to also keep the opposition a little confused) :)

Chrissy Dude, I'm playing with your tactic DYJ with AC Milan, after 1st half of the season everything was so good. Lots of goals, great defence, did everything you wrote in first post! After 1st January, I score less and less goals, concede 2-4 (same players, always fit 93% and above). Now I'm using Tannerbaw and still have problem with finishing, and conceding more than 1-2 per match...

Do you use OI or you let your Assistant do it?

Thanks

I don't use OI's. Apart form that I can't help more without seeing the save sadly. I'd use the Scotia Tactic.