Iakovos10

Reaction score
Hi!

I play man. city 4-2-3-1

I bought dzeko at my 2nd season as one the first season the game starts without him

Since i bought him in 5 games he has not scored

I play him complete forward attack

the team is:

Hart

Kolarov-mexes-chiellini-srna

yaya toure -millner

balloteli-pastore-eljia

dzeko

subs: phil jones, lukaku, tevez, silva, bousquets, de jong, johnson, wright philips

any recommendations for dzeko role as a lone striker please??????

thank you in advance!

In team-talks try saying "You Have Faith" as an individual team-talk

Worked for me with Nile Ranger at Preston

personally dzekos stats favour more of a poacher role try using poacher and see if he has any luck?? on my milan save that is the role i got him playing and he does well him and ibra are competing for a spot with eachother!!

I found him better at Complete Forward Support!
Plus, it is only 5 games. Is he playing well? Are you winning?

these are all gopod suggestions but if you look closely at dzekos stats they do favour a more poacher striker!

i play him as a complete forward attack and get him to stop slowing down play all the time , in his first year for me he wasnt anything special,2nd season in and hes scored 9 in 5 games so far.

hmmm.. i'm a bit religious when i play i liek to makesure i use my players to their fullest of abilities for example what i would do is click on all the different positions for dzeko ie poacher advance forward complete forward and so on then i would rite down what his attribute scores are for each of the important attributes required for each setting, i would then compare which are his best stats for each position, this is how i came to the conclusion that dzeko plays best as a poacher because his reading of the game and his reactiosn aswell as his deadly calm finsihing make him a great person to play that role i was playing ibra and dzeko upfront together in my milan save and to be honest i didnt have great success why?? because they are both similar players who cancel eachother out for example lampar and gerrard when together ont he same pitch for england sucjk but for their clubs they perform well! so i use either dzeko or ibra as a poacher then pato as advanced forward leading the line so far soo good!

personally i use him as deep lying forward - support
and use another striker as a poacher .. they managed to complete each other roels ..
dzeko will score for fun in deep lying forward -support .. i tried that in FM2010 as well as FM2011

I bought him in the first season with Spurs. I am now at the end of 2016/17 season. Whilst he has scored 30 - 40 goals for the first 4 seasons, every year an unhappy Tevez at City has scored more... Finally last year he scored 49 from 48 games, and this year he should be top of the premier league goals (1 game left). So what I'm saying is maybe Tevez shouldn't be on the bench...!

It does take perhaps 10-15 games for a player to gel with squad, so that might be your issue.

Make him your penalty taker, even though he might not be the best - helps with the confidence.

I play him as a complete forward, in a system with 2 wing backs, 2 DCs, 2 Central Mids, 2 Inside Forwards, an AMC and an ST. I need him tracking back and going wide etc to make up the numbers. If you use him as a poacher you want decent wingers to cross him the ball (mine never cross, they're always cutting in to score).

Players take a while to settle in;

I bought Cavani in and he didn't score his goal until about his 12th game, then he went on to score another 4 in the last 6 games and he has just started his 2nd season with 6 goals in 3 games.

So be patient!

complete forward never worked for me with Dzeko,i played him as a poacher and he was great

Isn't his acceleration a bit crappy for a poacher?

For me, he's always played better with a strike partner.

partner

For me, he's always played better with a strike partner.

yes i think he is more effective when he has a partner..i bought him for my barcelona team and he play as advanced forward alongside villa and he can score goals and always get Man Of the Match

hmmm.. i'm a bit religious when i play i liek to makesure i use my players to their fullest of abilities for example what i would do is click on all the different positions for dzeko ie poacher advance forward complete forward and so on then i would rite down what his attribute scores are for each of the important attributes required for each setting, i would then compare which are his best stats for each position, this is how i came to the conclusion that dzeko plays best as a poacher because his reading of the game and his reactiosn aswell as his deadly calm finsihing make him a great person to play that role i was playing ibra and dzeko upfront together in my milan save and to be honest i didnt have great success why?? because they are both similar players who cancel eachother out for example lampar and gerrard when together ont he same pitch for england sucjk but for their clubs they perform well! so i use either dzeko or ibra as a poacher then pato as advanced forward leading the line so far soo good!
I'm in Milan 2013 and 80% of what you said I do. I did the same with finding the best role by comparing the attributes required for each role and thats how I got the best out my players. I sold Ibra for 20 mln and bought Dzeko for 7.25 mln (euros) so far he's been best as my attacking poacher with Pato's support. He has a rating of 7.68 and scored 11 in 15 games.