Cloud~

Reaction score
Going into my third season with Wolfsburg, we've qualified for the Champions League, we won the Europa League last season (we were in the CL but came 3rd at group stages) so we've done pretty well. However, Dzeko every year has moaned that he wants to go to a bigger club, and every year I manage to get him to stay, this year his contract is up and although it doesn't say it on his profile, he is planning to leave on a free transfer (I know this because it says "frt" next to his name). So now I have a dilema, should I just sell him now for however much I can get or should I wait it out and hope he changes his mind... what do you think?

Get as much as possible or players of city lol.

Have you even tried offering him a contract yet?

Imo if you can't get him to agree a new deal then there is no point selling him for peanuts.

If you can get decent money for him and maybe use it to bring in a replacement then by all means sell.

But the 'frt' icon isn't the end of the world. If you and Dzeko can do really well this season then maybe at the end of the season he will be open to signing a new deal. And often when their contract actually expires, a player quickly becomes far more open to negotiating a new deal, often at a much lower wage. :)

So, in short, unless you can sell him for a decent wedge of cash, then keep him for the remainder of his deal (running the risk of losing him on a pre-contract agreement) and hope he agrees a contract with you at some point.

Have you even tried offering him a contract yet?
Of course.

@Jake, but how do I see how much I can get for him without transfer-lising him and in the process making him unhappy? I'm not too sure that he will ever change his mind because I already have been doing pretty well with Wolfsburg, we won the league first season and came third in the second season, we've also the German Cup every year and as I said in the OP we just won the Europa Leagu.

Of course.

@Jake, but how do I see how much I can get for him without transfer-lising him and in the process making him unhappy? I'm not too sure that he will ever change his mind because I already have been doing pretty well with Wolfsburg, we won the league first season and came third in the second season, we've also the German Cup every year and as I said in the OP we just won the Europa Leagu.

See if any clubs bid for him, when teams have interest news articles can state the region teams would have to bid for, look at his current value and add a couple million.

Offer him out and re-load the save. :p

Of course.

you could always save it and offer him out and see how much u can get. If it's a good amount then by all means sell. If not then load up your game again and don't offer him out. Tho you may consider this cheating

See if any clubs bid for him, when teams have interest news articles can state the region teams would have to bid for, look at his current value and add a couple million.

Offer him out and re-load the save. :p

you could always save it and offer him out and see how much u can get. If it's a good amount then by all means sell. If not then load up your game again and don't offer him out. Tho you may consider this cheating
Yeah I do :p

maybe better for you will be to offer him to clubs . he will never change his mind and you will lose him for free transfer .i think is the only solution for you .

You can offer him to clubs without transfer lisitng him...

You can offer him to clubs without transfer lisitng him...
Yeah true but that discourages clubs from making a bid, however, it is Dzeko... yeah, I'll give it a go.

@alexpana I'm getting that feeling too, its heartbreaking though because Dzeko is the reason I decided to manage Wolfsburg and I basically built the whole team around him :(

This happened to me in my story. He asked to leave first season, then said he was fine with life at the club, and although no teams put in any bids for him he still has UNH next to his name.

I kept him, signed Lukaku and am playing them both together at the moment. But when he inevitably leaves, I have Lukaku settled and a ready made replacement :)

This happened to me in my story. He asked to leave first season, then said he was fine with life at the club, and although no teams put in any bids for him he still has UNH next to his name.

I kept him, signed Lukaku and am playing them both together at the moment. But when he inevitably leaves, I have Lukaku settled and a ready made replacement :)
The thing with him on mine is that he's f*cking HAPPY! He's "enjoying playing for the club" no slight concerns no nothing, it's all outta the blue-ish. So annoying.

I don't think its possible to keep him at Wolfsburg past his first contract. I won the Champions League and he still said he "wants to move to a bigger club" and won't even listen to any more offers, and this is his favorite team where he is an icon and I was favored personnel. Once he got the "frt" tag I couldn't even give him away for zero.

Outside of winning the both the CL and Bundesliga each of your first couple seasons I doubt its possible to get big enough fast enough to keep him.....takes five years of consistent league and Europe form to attract the top talent there.

Last edited:
I don't think its possible to keep him at Wolfsburg past his first contract. I won the Champions League and he still said he "wants to move to a bigger club" and won't even listen to any more offers, and this is his favorite team where he is an icon and I was favored personnel. Once he got the "frt" tag I couldn't even give him away for zero.

Outside of winning the both the CL and Bundesliga each of your first couple seasons I doubt its possible to get big enough fast enough to keep him.....takes five years of consistent league and Europe form to attract the top talent there.
I'm thinking he's just not going to sign a new contract,I can't see it happening. Barca just offered me 21mil, think I'm gonna take it.

£21m is a good offer for a player in the final year of his contract.

Definitely a good offer, but you have to balance it against worrying your players by selling a star......always have to make sure the vultures can't get at Kjaer too. He is easier to keep but you have to make sure you don't **** him off.

Definitely a good offer, but you have to balance it against worrying your players by selling a star......always have to make sure the vultures can't get at Kjaer too. He is easier to keep but you have to make sure you don't **** him off.
Yeah I know, the players were cool with it but aparently the fans weren't too happy about it. Know any good right wingers anyone (preferably not brazillian)? I've got 11mil left

But the 'frt' icon isn't the end of the world. If you and Dzeko can do really well this season then maybe at the end of the season he will be open to signing a new deal. And often when their contract actually expires, a player quickly becomes far more open to negotiating a new deal, often at a much lower wage. :)

Don't risk letting it run out cos i did that a couple of times and the players never wanted to re negotiate, usually with ageing stars who wanted more money, ronaldinho is on 180k pw!

he wanted a two year deal on 160pw i interacted asked him to lower demands and he wanted 60k pw then i offered him it and the agent said it was green but he rejected next time he wanted 110k pw so i offered him it but only a one year deal and he said no i want two years so i said you can have a 1 year extension if you play 20 games and he said no.

then he left on a free, and after a while signed for a **** club in spain cant remember which one now and was on 30k a week forgot to see how much for, he is either retarded or so deluded that he thought someone would of paid him his demands, i offer 110 and he says no but accepts 30 of a ******* team like sociedad its mental

Don't risk letting it run out cos i did that a couple of times and the players never wanted to re negotiate, usually with ageing stars who wanted more money, ronaldinho is on 180k pw!

he wanted a two year deal on 160pw i interacted asked him to lower demands and he wanted 60k pw then i offered him it and the agent said it was green but he rejected next time he wanted 110k pw so i offered him it but only a one year deal and he said no i want two years so i said you can have a 1 year extension if you play 20 games and he said no.

then he left on a free, and after a while signed for a **** club in spain cant remember which one now and was on 30k a week forgot to see how much for, he is either retarded or so deluded that he thought someone would of paid him his demands, i offer 110 and he says no but accepts 30 of a ******* team like sociedad its mental

Couldn't agree more. The players, or more accurately, the agent, just don't seem aware of the player's ability. I mean, why did they put agents if not for stuff like that?
For me this is a problem due to SI only implementing agents this year, guess they didn't think of this.