Earthquake in Chile causes Tsunami Alert

Oh my god, i'm Chilean, but i live in U.S.
I haven't talk to my family since 2 hours before the Earthquake. My friend called them, and they're allright... UFFFFF... Latercera.com (a local newspaper) says that now, there are about 708 dead people (R.I.P.), more than 1000 harmed. And at least 2,000,000 people whose houses were destroyed in the Earthquake. Chile is now in State of Catastrophe in some regions of the country. It's horrible!! :mad:! F--king nature!

Haiti was a 9 or so, shows how bad this one is. And this could reult in several islands' travesty.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Nature sucks.

Haiti was a 9 or so, shows how bad this one is. And this could reult in several islands' travesty.

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Nature sucks.

Haiti's earthquake was 7.0 in the ritcher scale.
Chile's earthquake was 8.8 in the ritcher scale.

According to CNN, BBC, and CNN Chile: Chilean earthquake was about 700 times stronger than Haiti's, and 500 times more energy released than Haiti's.
Well, Chile is a seismic country, in which happened the greatest earthquake registered in history (Valdivia, 1960). Which killed around 6,000 people.
Chile, has a building code so strict that even if it was 700 times stronger than Haiti's quake, a lot of buildings had survived. Most of the building collapsed are old buildings, wood-made buldings, and buldings which according to Sebastian Piñera (elected president), did NOT obey the Chilean Building's code.

The fatal victims number has raised up to 711 in the past hours.

Hoping the best for my country!

Last edited:
Ffs, why can't these sort of **** things stop happening, life sucks balls.
Unfortunately we are living on a planet with a violent and turbulent past and an even worse more catastrophic future.We simply have to deal with it.Were a spec of dust on this planets history and were only here until the earth itself or sun decides otherwise.