Nomadic

Reaction score
View attachment 217301

Emile Heskey Retires

View attachment 217300

Leicester City icon Emile Heskey has today announced his retirement from professional football, following a playing career which spanned 21 years from 1994 to 2015. Heskey made 765 appearances, scoring 162 goals. He made his senior debut playing for Leicester against QPR on 8th March 1995. Heskey's International debut came against Hungary in April 1999 and went on to make 62 appearances and score 7 goals for England.

Throughout his career, Heskey has received a large amount of criticism for his lack of goals and even had to publicly prove that he could indeed hit a cows **** with a banjo!

View attachment 217288

Despite his lack of prowess in front of goal, Heskey still managed to pick up 8 trophies throughout his career, to accompany his 62 England Caps.

View attachment 970793
Capital One Cup (1997, 2000, 2001, 2003)

View attachment 217299
Euro Cup (2001)

View attachment 217298
European Super Cup (2001)

View attachment 970800
English FA Cup (2001)

View attachment 217294
English Community Shield (2001)

Despite the announcement of his retirement, Heskey has confirmed that he will be looking to step into management as soon as the right opportunity presents itself.

Last edited:
Nice start mate, cow's **** with a banjo! :p

Last edited:
Emile Heskey

I decided to simulate the game until Heskey retired (which actually went on for another 3 years) so that i could then copy his managerial attributes over to my created manager.

So this is what Heskey's managerial attributes looked like when he retired on the game:

View attachment 217278

View attachment 217276
(Here is my very accurate creation of the man, which just involved randomising his face a number of times before getting bored and moving on)

View attachment 217277

Unfortunately it was impossible to get the attributes exactly right, whilst keeping him as an International footballer, and so have ended up with no coaching qualifications!

View attachment 217167

A Return to Football?

1st November

View attachment 217190

A staggering 5 months had now passed since I made the decision to end my playing career. I was enjoying spending my new found freedom with my family, but over the last couple of weeks I couldn't help but feel something was missing from my life... I had spent over 20 years in the profession, so it wasn't as though i could just switch off.

I therefore decided to return to the life of football. Unfortunately, retuning as a professional player wasn't an option, as my body wouldn't be able to cope with the intensity of the game. So why not do the next best thing and become a manager.

A few weeks after contacting my agent to inform him of my career change, I was delighted to be greeted by a couple of job offers from League One sides Burton Albion and Bradford City. I knew i shouldn't get too carried away as they were only job interviews but I couldn't help it, the thought of getting back into football was unbelievable!

Burton had lost manager Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank to Brentford and Bradford clearly felt they were underperforming in the League.

View attachment 217184

View attachment 217187

View attachment 217182View attachment 217186

At this moment in time i don't really have a preference on which club i would like to join. It was time to suit and boot and bring back some of that great Heskey charm.

Last edited:
"Heskey retires from football"

ABOUT ****** TIME!

"Heskey to be a manager"

FFS

haha good luck mate! :)

"Heskey retires from football"

ABOUT ****** TIME!

"Heskey to be a manager"

FFS

haha good luck mate! :)

haha thanks man!

Although this story is actually kind of your fault, after i was inspired by your managerial stories :p. Afterall the world would be a much sadder place without Heskey in our lives!

View attachment 217040

Burton Appoint Heskey As Manager

View attachment 217038

7th November

Burton Albion have appointed Emile Heskey as their new manager on a one-and-a-half-year deal. The former England International replaces Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank who joined Brentford last week.

Heskey only retired as a professional player 5 months ago at the end of the 2014-15 season and it hasn't taken long to return to football, in his new role as manager.

Burton are currently sitting 14th in Sky Bet League 1 and have had a steady start to the season following their promotion last year.

"This is an incredible opportunity for me to begin the next chapter in my career. Burton are a side on the rise, and I am inheriting a talented group of players, thanks to the work of Jimmy over the past year. I am confident that i can use my playing experience, to carry on the good work here and surpass the boards expectations."

Heskey has certainly been thrown in at the deep end as he will be taking charge of Burton's FA Cup first round tie , away against Welling later on this afternoon. This will be his first ever game as a manager and will be required to take charge of his team in just 4 hours time.

haha thanks man!

Although this story is actually kind of your fault, after i was inspired by your managerial stories :p. Afterall the world would be a much sadder place without Heskey in our lives!

It would to be fair! Haha, glad I inspired someone! I should be on the Brit Awards! :p

View attachment 216891

The Brewers

I went straight from signing my one-and-a-half-year contract to the team bus to meet the players, before setting off South to Welling for our FA Cup 1st Round tie.

So after a brief chat with the squad, I decided to settle down next to assistant manager, Mark Proctor to discuss the players and various tactics etc. As I only had about 2 hours to choose my starting line up, I decided to stick largely with the 4-4-2 formation the team were familiar with.

View attachment 216890

I feel as though this formation best utilises the players I have at my disposal and will be looking to install a direct, high tempo philosophy to my team.

As I am yet to have a training session with the lads, I wont be over complicating anything in this match but we should still have the quality in this squad to overcome Welling, regardless of my presence on the sideline.

View attachment 216889
View attachment 216888

After taking a closer look at my squads attributes and talking to Proctor, I have managed to highlight a few players who have the ability to be massive assets this season, on paper anyway.

Aurélien Joachim

View attachment 216883

A big powerful striker, who could prove to be a real focal point in attack. He is dangerous in the air and can hold the ball up well for the on rushing midfield. With 52 Caps for Luxembourg he also brings a wealth of experience, even if they are a useless international side!

Mark Duffy

View attachment 216879
A skillful winger, who can play in a variety of different positions. He is on loan from Birmingham this season, but looks to have all the assets to make him a handful on either wing. We possesses a good deliver and will hopefully be able to link up with Joachim this season.

Anthony O'Connor

View attachment 216874
A young English ball winning midfielder, who can also play in heart of our defence. He is a hard working, determined individual who will hopefully be able to eliminate any threats on goal. I will likely be using him as a central defender, due to a lack of player in this position.

All players will be given the chance to showcase their ability, but for now these are the players that jump out at me on paper as i sit flicking through the players profiles.

View attachment 216867

Last edited:

Winning Start

View attachment 216844
View attachment 216839

I am delighted to make a winning start to my managerial career, despite some very limited preparation!

Although we were up against a much weaker side, sitting 2 divisions below us, it was important to come away with the win. The starting 11 featured a number of fringe players, that hadn't really been given a chance this season by Hasslebank, but I was impressed by the majority of them.

Timmy Thiele was the player to make the headlines as he bagged himself a brace! On paper he is not my most talented striker, but if he keeps performing like that it will be hard to not put him in the side.

A comfortable win all in all, but the real test is still to come.

View attachment 216385

I received an incredible reception as i walked out onto the field at the Pirelli Stadium. The stadium was buzzing as the fans eagerly awaited to see the style of play I would adopt. Despite the attendance of 1,538 I still got the same rush of adrenaline that i got when playing in front of 90,000 people at Wembley.

Unfortunately I didn't get the dream start I was hoping for and we quickly found-ourselves 2-0 down after just 11 minutes! I would like to think the occasion of my first home game got to the players but In actual fact we were just playing horrifically.

After a lot of shouting from the touchline, we eventually managed to play some decent football and turn the game around. A missed penalty from centre-back Mousinho looked to be costly but a a close ranged header just one minute later from Stuart Beavon bailed us out and take us to penalties.

Adrien Saussez managed to save 2 penalties in the shootout and send us through to the Semi Finals.

View attachment 216397

Poor Finishing Costs Burton

View attachment 216299
View attachment 216249

Mousinho missed his second penalty in as many games, in what was a very frustrating loss to take. We dominated the game from start to finish, but failed to convert our chances. We had 58% possession and managed 4 extra shots on target than Bury, so the signs are encouraging.

We have a tough away fixture against Wigan up next, and this result may cause me to make a couple of changes to the starting 11. I may also have to remove Mousinho from penalty taking duties. He may be the most competent penalty taker in training, but is failing to convert when it really matters.

Brewers Strike Lucky

View attachment 216245
View attachment 216233

What a result! We weren't given a chance by most pundits, so to come away with all 3 points shows the ability we have in this squad. In a way this makes up for the result at Bury. As Wigan dominated the game and deserved to get a result.

Last edited:
Bur-ten Ease to Victory

View attachment 216088

A comfortable win in the end, but things could have gone very differently after Flanagan was sent off for a second yellow card after just 23 minutes. We dropped to a 4-4-1 and managed to stay in control of the game.

I was delighted to see the "character" of the lads, as they worked their socks off for 3/4 of the game to cover for Flanagan's dismissal. You would have barely known we were down to 10 men, we played that well.

A very pleasing win overall, but Flanagan will be receiving a formal warning for his conduct, as I cant afford having players getting needlessly sent off.

Last edited:
View attachment 216040

November Review

View attachment 216043

My first month in charge couldn't have gone much better (except for beating Bury in the League of course), winning 4 out of 5 games. The loss at Bury was a disappointment, but the performance was pleasing and had that game been replayed again I am sure we would have come away with a result. The players are now slowly starting top familiarize themselves with my philosophies, after a month on the training pitch.

Our performances in the League did enough to win me 3rd place in Sky Bet League 1 Manager of the Month. Getting some instant recognition for my managerial performances was very pleasing.

View attachment 216038

The 6 points won in November has moved us up to 11th in the League. This isn't a bad place to be in the League, as we approach the halfway point, but we are only 6 points away from the relegation zone and 7 points from top of the League. This shows how tight the table is and a run of good or bad games will be sure to move us quickly in one direction. Lets just hope its up!

View attachment 216042

Nice month mate! A few more like that and you'll be right back up the table.

Nice month mate! A few more like that and you'll be right back up the table.

Thanks man - I hope so!

The squad is pretty thin in areas, so have got to hope I dont pick up too many injuries!

Millwall Prove to strong for Burton

View attachment 216001

A disappointing performance from us today. Millwall controlled the game from start to finish and despite some managerial tinkering, we were unable to get into the game.

To make the result even worse our main striker, Aurelien Joachim got stretchered off in the 21st minute. He will be out of action for around 3 months, leaving us with just 2 match fit senior strikers! It therefore looks like I will need to come up with a new tactic for a lone striker.

View attachment 215999

Burton Progress to the FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 215967

Another straightforward win over Colchester, puts us through into the next round of the FA Cup. We started well, racing to a 2 goal lead inside 20 minutes. We then lost some of our intensity going forward, but it didn't really matter in the end as Colchester posed very little threat to our defence.

Wasteful Burton crash out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy

View attachment 215965

Poor discipline at the back, knocks us out of the JPT, just 2 games short of the final. Although this competition was at the bottom of the priority, it is never easy to accept defeat.

Some sloppy defending at a corner allowed Paddy Madden to score a close range header after just 2 minutes. Full-back Binnom-Williams then saw red for a needless foul on the halfway line, before a Flanagan push in the area gifted Scunthorpe a penalty.