Burton Edge Gillingham in Tight Affair

View attachment 215922

An early goal from Mark Duffy got us the win away at Gillingham. It was a pretty cagey affair with little action at either end. It was a moment of individual brilliance from Duffy that edged the match in our favour.

Beavon Secures Burton Fightback

View attachment 215920

A hard fought match against Doncaster, saw us come away with all 3 points. It was end to end stuff for most of the game and in all honesty could have gone either way and a draw would have been a fair result. Fortunately for us Stuart Beavon had different ideas, as he led an incredible comeback.

Banthams Strike Lucky

View attachment 215919

A disappointing Boxing day fixture saw us slump to Bradford. This was a game i really wanted to win, as i had turned down the opportunity to manage Bradford in favour of Burton, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Our defence didn't perform to the same standard as Bradford's today, which was ultimately our downfall. Both goals came from poor set piece defending, which was frustrating to watch. Hopefully we can bounce back with a win.

Brewers in control of Swindon

View attachment 215918

With just a 2 day turn around between matches, so quite a bit of rotation was required where possible to combat player fatigue. It was therefore pleasing to see some decent performances from those players that came into the team.

We dominated the game and could really have won by a couple more goals and this victory moves us in to just 1 point of Swindon in the table. A pleasing game to see out the month.

Another good month moves us up to 6th place and firmly into playoff contention. The table is still looking very tight, so will need to keep the performance levels up.

View attachment 215905

View attachment 215703
Emile Heskey Press Conference

View attachment 215702

Q. - "Hi Emile, Rob Dorset, Sky Sports News. You have made an impressive start to your managerial career, how have you found the transition from player to manager?"

A. - "I must admit at the beginning I found it tough to be sat in the dugout knowing i was never going to get on the pitch. Although I slowly began to realise that I can have a much greater influence from the touchline, as I pick the team, make the substitutions, alter the tactics, the list goes on and on. It was hard to wrap my head around at first but I am loving my new role as manager."

Q. - " You certainly don't look like a manager lacking experience, notching up a win percentage of 66% in your first 12 matches. Whats been your secret?"

A. - " There is no secret. I have a brilliant squad of players who continually give there all on and off the pitch. The backroom staff here have also been fantastic at helping me adjust to the responsibilities required of me and all this hard work can be seen in our results."

Q. - "The transfer window opens today, do you have any areas in your squad that need strengthening?"

A. - "There are a couple of areas in the squad that i feel we could benefit from adding more depth. Although finances are extremely limited at the moment and so we are going to struggle to bring many new faces in.

Today we have also lost one of most talented players, Mark Duffy. He has been fantastic for us this season. Unfortunately Birmingham wanted us to pay 100% of his wages to extend his loan, but the board were not willing to allow this. Its frustrating, but i understand that we cant jeopardise the clubs finances."

View attachment 215694
View attachment 215693

Burton too Good for Blackpool

View attachment 215503

A fantastic performance from the lads today. I was particularly pleased to see El Khayati put in a MoTM performance on the left wing after the departure of Duffy. He picked up 2 assists and scored a goal to top off a brilliant individual performance. Things were made slightly more difficult after Becker's weak backpass was intercepted by Redshaw who cooly rounded our keeper.

All in all a very pleasing performance!

Goals Galore as Burton Progress to the 4th Round of the FA Cup

View attachment 215502

What a game! It was end to end stuff from start to finish and a great game to watch for all involved...unless your a Swindon fan. We took the lead 4 times throughout the match and every time Swindon would grab a quick equaliser, fortunately they couldn't find an answer to our 4th and final goal.

We move on to the 4th round and have been drawn at home to Chelsea! We will have to hope for a bit of that FA Cup magic if we are going to progress to the 5th Round!

View attachment 215501

Well, he may have struggled to hit the target in his playing days but you cant say the same of his chargers at the moment. Scoring for fun!

Great work man, KIU!

Well, he may have struggled to hit the target in his playing days but you cant say the same of his chargers at the moment. Scoring for fun!

Great work man, KIU!

Thanks man!

What are you talking about? I am clearly the shooting coach :p

Missed Penalty costs Peterborough

View attachment 214953
A massive win today! The legend that is Alessandro Del Piero, caused us a number of problems at the back but we managed to limit him to just the one goal, which included a saved penalty. We have now closed the gap on Peterborough to just 1 point above us in the table.

Burton Upstage Coventry

View attachment 214952
Another tight win moves us up to 3rd place in the table and makes in 4 straight wins in the league. Stuart Beavon continued his impressive form by picking up another goal with a curling effort from the edge of the area.

If we can continue this form we could find ourselves competing for the League 1 title, although i shouldn't get to ahead of myself.

Turkish Winger Oyal signs for Burton

View attachment 214940

So my first managerial signing is for Nahir Oyal. The loss of Duffy has left us short on the left wing and Oyal is a good signing to add some depth to that position. Although he is not a star player, he is versatile and has decent attributes for a winger at this level. Hopefully he will play a big role in our push for the playoffs.

View attachment 214939

Funds are extremely limited and I have even struggled to bring players in on loan, as we cant afford to pay the wages the clubs are demanding. Any future activity is therefore unlikely, even though I could do with another striker and central defender.

Shrewsbury Hold Burton to Draw

View attachment 214777

A dominant display from the boys today, but despite our superiority we could only manage a draw. We had 61% possession and 9 shots on goal, but failed to find a way through the Shrewsbury defence and had to rely on an own goal to get us the point.

It was a good display today, but is 2 points dropped in my opinion.

Battling Burton Record Famous Victory

View attachment 214769
View attachment 214768

What an incredible victory! This is by far the biggest match of managerial career and possibly in Burton' history!

The atmosphere was
electric from the start as a sell out crowd flocked to see if we could cause a massive FA Cup upset and thats exactly what we did. Chelsea fielded a relatively strong team with the likes of Matic, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard and Costa all starting

View attachment 214766

The match started as expected with Chelsea dominating and a an early goal looked inevitable. Our defence put in a monumental display to keep them out, we maintained our shape and made it very hard for them to break through.

We had barely had a sniff on goal, until Zouma pushed Beavon in the penalty area to give away a soft penalty. I could barely watch as Mousinho stepped up to take the penalty after missing his previous 2 this season, but this time he remained composed and drilled it into the bottom left corner! 1-0!

Most people expected us to then sit back in the second half, but i encouraged the lads to take it to Chelsea and put them under pressure. It worked. We dominated the second half and a whipped cross from Edwards found the head of Beavon to make it 2-0!

It was then that we started to sit back, as Chelsea threw everything they had at us, but the yellow wall at the back stayed strong. An Incredible match and one that will undoubtably stay with me and the players for the rest of our careers.

View attachment 214765

View attachment 214689

January Review

So the win over Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th round topped off what had been a fantastic month for me, the team and the supporters. We managed to go the whole month unbeaten, notching up 5 wins and 1 draw in the process across all competitions.

View attachment 214688

Our success in the league throughout January brought some individual recognition to both myself and in form striker Stuart Beavon as we picked up Manager and Player of the Month respectively. This was my first individual award as manager my main concern is the teams performance, I couldn't deny being over the moon at winning the award.

View attachment 214687
View attachment 214686

The league table also makes a good read now, and my objectives have now moved beyond a mid-table finish and up to making the playoffs. i would be lying if i didn't say I had an eye on automatic promotion, but am trying to remain level headed. There is alot of football to be played and making the playoffs alone would be a massive achievement!

View attachment 214683

Burton Sign Bennett on Loan

View attachment 214576

I decided to bring Mason Bennett in on loan on transfer deadline day to bolster our attacking options. My preferred formation this season has been a 4-4-2 and with only 3 natural strikers in the squad, including one currently injured I felt we could do with another option.

Bennet has incredible physical attributes and am confident his pace will cause a number of problems to opposition defences over the remainder of the season.

View attachment 214575

Clinical Finishing Punishes Rochdale

View attachment 214307

A brilliant result, considering we were on the backfoot for much of the game. We only managed 42% possession and equaled them for shots on goal but the strike partnership of Beavon and Thiele proved to be the decisive difference.

Win Over Bradford Sends Burton Top

View attachment 214306

A decent second half display, moves us 1 point clear at the top of the table. We came out a different team in the second half as Timmy Thiele inspired us to another win in the League. Bennett also came off the bench to make his debut and managed to score within 10 minutes of coming on.

Poor Discipline Costs Burton in Derby Game

View attachment 214305

What the **** just happened! I know it was a local derby, but we looked like a bunch of thugs that were hellbent on inflicting as much damage as we could! By halftime we had picked up a staggering 6 yellow cards. I tried desperately to calm the lads down at halftime, but within 4 minutes of the restart we had our first red card.

To add to our misery, goalkeeper Adrien Suassez had a shocker in goal, as he somehow put the ball in his own goal from a pretty tame cross. Then 11 minutes later, Flanagan picked up his second yellow card and was dismissed.

Despite having just 9 men on the pitch, Beavon managed to equalise on the 69th minute and a draw looked to be on the cards until Lee Novak scored a very late goal to give Chesterfield the win.

It was a dreadful day as I had to watch my side fall apart on the pitch. The lads were clearly way to fired up for the match and nothing seemed to go our way, with that horrendous own goal. To add insult to injury, the club has been fined for ill discipline and left winger El Khayati is out for around a month.

View attachment 214294
View attachment 214293

Amazing result against Chelsea ! Well done my friend !!

Mason Bennett should light up League 1, the pace on that lad is unreal! Heskey is looking like a pretty handy manager, good job!

Watford Demolish Burton in FA Cup 5th Round

View attachment 214276
View attachment 214277

Well the cup run has been comprehensively finished by Watford. We couldn't replicate the performance we put in a few weeks ago against Chelsea and found ourselves on the end of a first half hiding.

Odion Ighalo scored 4 goals in the space of 28 minutes, as Watford went in at halftime 6-0 up. Fortunately we managed to stem the tide in the second half, but never really looked a threat on the Watford goal.

There is no doubt that Watford were the better team, but I couldn't help but feel 6-0 was a rather flattering scoreline. I just hope this result hasn't dented our confidence, as we push for promotion in the League.

View attachment 214275

Mason Bennett should light up League 1, the pace on that lad is unreal! Heskey is looking like a pretty handy manager, good job!

Yeah he looked a decent player when he came on, but hasn't managed to break into the starting 11 yet because of the great form of Thiele and Beavon. He will definitely be getting his chance after that Watford game!

Cheers man! Things have gone surprisingly well so far - although unfortunately Burton don't have the funds to finance my coaching qualifications which might hinder me moving to a bigger side, but we shall see.

Burton Rue Missed Chances

View attachment 214095

This makes it 3 defeats in a row in all competitions and it was starting to impact on our confidence. We started the game poorly, giving away a penalty in the 7th minute and then conceded a soft freekick 6 minutes later. After going 2-0 down we started to play some decent football, as Bennett clawed a goal back. It was a constant onslaught on there goal throughout the final 20 minutes, but we failed to find the equaliser.

Joachim Inspires Burton Victory

View attachment 214093

Finally we get back to winning ways! Aurelien Joachim returned to the starting line up from injury for the first time in 3 months and inspired us to victory as he picked up a brace. It wasn't the greatest team performance, but we got the all important 3 points to get our promotion push back on track.

Unfortunately Anthony O'Connor picked up an injury in training a couple of days after the Walsall game and is set to be out for over a month. He has been one of our consistent performers at the heart of the defence and will be sorely missed over the coming weeks.

View attachment 214090

View attachment 77788

Last edited:
Unlucky with the injury my friend ! I hope it won't interrupt your good form !

great work man
keep it up

Thanks mate. Really hoping to achieve promotion this season now.

Unlucky with the injury my friend ! I hope it won't interrupt your good form !

Yeah its a big blow as we don't have many CBs in the squad, hence why O'Conner has been playing there when his best position is DM. If the defence falls apart I will just have to try outscore the opposition! haha