• Thread starter Thread starter *Jamess*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 8K
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Jamess*

Reaction score
Yes I know there is the Arsenal thread, but I feel that this desveres it's own thread and this was announced ages ago but with it nearing to a start I decieded now would be the perfect time to create the thread.

The Emirates Stadium will see New York Red Bulls, PSG and Boca Juniors will join Arsenal in the yearly Emirates Cup. The Emirates Cup will be played over 2 days with 2 games per day.

The fixtures:
Day One:

Date Kick-off Match Saturday, July 30 2pm New York Red Bulls v Paris Saint-Germain Saturday, July 30 4.20pm Arsenal v Boca Juniors

Day Two:
Date Kick-off Match Sunday, July 31 2pm Boca Juniors v Paris Saint-Germain Sunday, July 31 4.20pm Arsenal v New York Red Bulls
How are teams awarded points?:
Well it is simaler to any other league with 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. But for every goal the team scores they get 1 extra point so even if a team loses 2-1 they will be awarded 1 point.

The History:
This years Emirates Cup will be the 5th time the competiton has been contested. The 1st Emirates Cup was hosted in 2007. For PSG this will be there 3rd time taking part. The past 2 years they have been involed were 2007 and 2009.

Past Winners:
2007-Arsenal
2008-Hamburg
2009-Arsenal
2010-Arsenal
2011-?????

So who's going this year and what day? I am going on the Sunday like me and my Dad have always done.

Who do you think will win?
I think Arsenal will win.

Last edited:
The Emirates Stadium will see New York Red Balls, PSG and Boca Juniors will join Arsenal in the yearly Emirates Cup. The Emirates Cup will be played over 2 days with 2 games per day.

Lololol.

Anyway, I can easily see Arsenal winning this, but think PSG will put up a stern test.

Henry <3

Stick this in the OP

gun__1309161625_emiratescup_2011.jpg

Or
gun__1309358760_splash_emiratescup2011.jpg

Love the Emirates Cup; Riquelme, Henry, Marquez....Rooney. ;)

PSG to win this. With the millions they're about to spend - they're going to be a real force.

If Araujo comes over and gets player of the tournament would be interesting to see if Wenger buys him...

Going this Sunday! Hoping we'll see a few more first team players than last year, it being after the world cup and all.

Went to see it last year but the fixtures didn't look as compelling this time, so decided to give it a miss.

No can-do the Dublin Super Cup is on :P

hope u kick man city ***., mainly super mario mafia. hhaha

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Not sure about that... PSG is strong this year... ahahahaha

spending spree much, they juts bought Jermey Menez.

=.= would be epic if they were able to get Pastore (H)

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

is espn the only broadcast for this cup event ? any others .....

Apart from streams I think it is only available to watch on ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back