Emulating Pellegrini's Man City

Update on my Blackburn save with this tactic, it really has turned my season around. My record with this tactic is 13 wins 2 draws and 1 loss! I have been really impressed with the amount of goals, Jordan Rhodes has become a machine and the advanced play makers are getting alot of goals, assists and POM! Great tactic mate! I will post a screenshot of results when I have some spare time.

Update on my Blackburn save with this tactic, it really has turned my season around. My record with this tactic is 13 wins 2 draws and 1 loss! I have been really impressed with the amount of goals, Jordan Rhodes has become a machine and the advanced play makers are getting alot of goals, assists and POM! Great tactic mate! I will post a screenshot of results when I have some spare time.

Glad it's working so well for you. My boys are struggling a bit at the moment, but to be fair we are the new boys in the premier league going up against the big boys for the first time, so I guess it's a bit of a reality check! In our first 9 games we've come up against Man U, Liverpool, Spurs (Cup) and Arsenal and not got hammered by any of them. In fact we held Man U to 0-0 until the last 10 minutes before my left back passed straight to Welbeck on his own on the edge of the penalty area! We haven't won since the opening day against Sunderland, but it's starting to turn round a bit now with successive draws against Arsenal and Fulham.
I have made a couple of minor tweaks. I've dropped the D-Line back further and changed the AF to a CF. I'll see how it goes before updating the download on here.

In fact we held Man U to 0-0 until the last 10 minutes before my left back passed straight to Welbeck on his own on the edge of the penalty area!

That sounds scarily like something Matt Hill would do for us... but i'm hoping you've replaced him by now!!

That sounds scarily like something Matt Hill would do for us... but i'm hoping you've replaced him by now!!

Oh yes.....he's long gone!
The winless run has now come to an end! 10 games without a win, 19th in the league and our next match is against poor little Man City, struggling in 2nd place! So, in true FM style, this was bound to happen!

View attachment 432361

This De Girolamo lad from Chesterfield looks quite tasty! But not as tasty as my stand-in keeper who scores the winner with a 75 yard free-kick 4 minutes from time! He only played due to a last minute change of heart from me after I decided not to risk George Long, who had had a painkilling injection. I hope that's not all my luck for the season used up in one go! To make it even sweeter, we had our favourite ref, Mike "You Don't Know What You're Doing" Dean in charge! Hope he enjoyed it!
I'm really happy it happened for me instead of against me, otherwise my PC would now be in very small pieces in the back garden!

Last edited:
Oh yes.....he's long gone!
The winless run has now come to an end! 10 games without a win, 19th in the league and our next match is against poor little Man City, struggling in 2nd place! So, in true FM style, this was bound to happen!

View attachment 471640

This De Girolamo lad from Chesterfield looks quite tasty! But not as tasty as my stand-in keeper who scores the winner with a 75 yard free-kick 4 minutes from time! He only played due to a last minute change of heart from me after I decided not to risk George Long, who had had a painkilling injection. I hope that's not all my luck for the season used up in one go! To make it even sweeter, we had our favourite ref, Mike "You Don't Know What You're Doing" Dean in charge! Hope he enjoyed it!
I'm really happy it happened for me instead of against me, otherwise my PC would now be in very small pieces in the back garden!

haha did they have Joe Hart in goal after one of his playstation nights with David James? xD

Looks great, been looking for the current City tactics for ages now! Just thinking, would it be safe of me to let my AM take training? It's what I've always tended to do with any other tactic

Looks great, been looking for the current City tactics for ages now! Just thinking, would it be safe of me to let my AM take training? It's what I've always tended to do with any other tactic

I don't see why not. Give it a go. Let us know if it has any adverse effects.

Do the 2 AP's need to be specific footed? eg left AP left footed and right AP right footed orrr?

As they are APs and not IFs I tend to play players on their natural side, i.e. right foot right side, left foot left side. The APs don't tend to cut in like IFs, they tend to run onto balls played inside the opposition full-back and hit first time shots. I've scored a **** of a lot of goals that way.

Does this tactic work for patch 4.2.2. I really like the idea and am a big fan of Manuel Pellegrini, so if it still works with the new patch I definitely would like to give this tactic a shot

First game done, beat West Ham 2-0. Slow start to the game but when we got going to hammered them (Geddit?) 24/9 shots to their 4/1. 60% possession and goals for both Aguero and Negredo. Looking forward to this season!

As they are APs and not IFs I tend to play players on their natural side, i.e. right foot right side, left foot left side. The APs don't tend to cut in like IFs, they tend to run onto balls played inside the opposition full-back and hit first time shots. I've scored a **** of a lot of goals that way.

Ahh okay, cheers! I had the same problem as one of the other guys, I downloaded it and then it wouldn't let me use it on fm so can't test it :(

What should I be doing when losing? 2-1 down to Everton and I have a bad feeling it could be more embarrassing if I don't change something..

What should I be doing when losing? 2-1 down to Everton and I have a bad feeling it could be more embarrassing if I don't change something..

Anything that's going to create even more chances is a good idea! So more direct passes or more risky passes, plus upping the tempo.

Back