I know everyone is criticising this but I see what your plan is for the England team. Don't let them pressure you into picking a team that is too young. Take gogogo golem's advice and mix the old guard with the young. I recently did an England save and got to the Final of the Euro's and Cofederations Cup by gradually bringing in young players but sticking with a few of the old guard as the foundations of the team. Gerrard is key in midfield and Milner is very good on the wings. I stick with you on the Terry front though I did have him partnering with a younger talent like Shawcross during the Euro's before ditching him after. I began bringing in the young talent more during the World Cup qualifications and it seemed to work.
Keep it up though. I will be following :).

thanks mate, that's exactly what I wanted, constructive criticism. Bit annoying that I get criticised for having a bit of the old guard in the 1st match, then when I put in the younguns I got criticised for that too. I can't seem to win here.

FINAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONHIP QUALIFIER
MONTENEGRO 0-2 ENGLAND
HUDDLESTONE, CLEVERLEY

Qualification in the bag after a terrfifc performance at the PodGoricom. Huddlestone gave us the lead after he smashed in a lay-off from debutant Gary Gardener, who had put in great performances for the u21's over the last few friendlies.Gardener's sub Cleverley sealed the deal after showing great instinct to latch onto a deep cross from debutant Matt Phillips. The game ended on a low however, after Kyle Walker got his second yellow card for peristent fouling in injury time. Inexperience creeped in there and I'll have to stamp that out quickly.
LINE UP
Hart
Walker Jones Smalling Baines
Johnson* Gardener* Huddlestone Oxlade-Chamberlain
Welbeck Agbonlahor
*Johnson off for Phillips
*Gardener off for Cleverley

Ok, I've decided on a rule that will hopefully suit the readers. Like the team GB squad, I've decided I will allow myself 4 members of the "old guard" in areas that need strengthening in each of my squads, not counting Rooney and Hart, i.e one keeper, one defnder, one midfielder and one striker

Last edited:
To be fair to him guys, it's his save and his story so he should be able to choose who he wants without being pressured by others. I know it's England and every englishman wants his say in how the team should play but if you care that strongly then you should start a story yourselves and let us see your way of playing instead of trying to pressure someone else into playing your way. Keep it up mate, hopefull you'll do well at the Euros :)

To be fair to him guys, it's his save and his story so he should be able to choose who he wants without being pressured by others. I know it's England and every englishman wants his say in how the team should play but if you care that strongly then you should start a story yourselves and let us see your way of playing instead of trying to pressure someone else into playing your way. Keep it up mate, hopefull you'll do well at the Euros :)

^amen. cheers mate, squad is up for friendly vs spain in about 5 minutes

23 MAN SQUAD FOR FRIENDLY VS SPAIN
GOALKEEPERS:
Jack Butland, David Stockdale, Robert Green* (OG)

DEFENDERS:
Kieran Gibbs, Ashley Cole (OG), Micah Richards, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Ryan Shawcross, Gary Cahill

MIDFIELDERS:
Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tom Cleverley, Tom Huddlestone, Steven Gerrard (OG), Jack Rodwell

STRIKERS:
Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Peter Crouch (OG), Darren Bent*

OG=Old Guard
*Sturridge got injured in training (yet again) and bent has scored 6 in 8 for Villa this season so I stuck him in. And no that's not what she said.
*Hart got injured

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
ENGLAND 3-0 SPAIN
ROONEY, JOHNSON, COLE (P)
Well well well. We beat Spain. And not only did we beat them, we outclassed them. They only had 1 shot on target, as Huddlestone and Cleverley managed to stamp out the creative pair of Xavi and Iniesta. We took the lead after 40 minutes when Johnson put Rooney through who slotted it home. On 73 minutes Adam Johnson latched on to Richards' cross to tap it home. Cole scored a penalty after Puyol hacked down Johnson in the area.

LINE UP
HART
RICHARDS JONES SHAWCROSS COLE
OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN HUDDLESTONE CLEVERLEY JOHNSON
GERRARD*
ROONEY
*off for Welbeck 76
Have a look at the stats on the screeny :D
View attachment 257274

Last edited:
I like your new old guard rule but I think you would do with Jagielka or Lescott in the squad and then your team would be up to challenging for the Euros.

jagielka it is then
although don't drop Cole because he is class I was just saying an experienced Centre-back was the only thing that your team needed to be beating big teams and if you want to stick to four players in the Old Guard drop Robert Green because behind Hart he won't get a game a Stockdale's almost as good as Green anyway.

although don't drop Cole because he is class I was just saying an experienced Centre-back was the only thing that your team needed to be beating big teams and if you want to stick to four players in the Old Guard drop Robert Green because behind Hart he won't get a game a Stockdale's almost as good as Green anyway.
I only included Green becasue Hart was injured otherwise it's Butland 3rd choice and Stockdale 2nd Choice

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY
ENGLAND 3-1 SWEDEN
HUDDLESTONE, OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN (2)
A good performance from my team, with 17-year-old Oxlade-Chamberlain picking up the man of the match award. Huddlestone scored when Isaksonn, palmed out Rooney's shot to the feet of the young midfielder, who had an open goal. Oxlade-Chamberlain took on Mellberg before slotting it past Sweden's flailing former Man City goalkeeper. He scored a stunning volley from Micah Richards' cross to round off the game. Their only consolation came after Toivonen's cross deflected off Phil Jones for an own goal.
LINE UP
HART
RICHARDS JONES SHAWCROSS COLE
OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN* HUDDLESTONE CLEVERLEY YOUNG
CROUCH* ROONEY
*OFF FOR PHILLIPS 80
*OFF FOR WELBECK 87
View attachment 257431

I just remembered something that would save you an old guard place. Andy Carroll is better than Peter Crouch and a very similar player.

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP GROUP A
Ukraine
England
Greece
Czech Republic

I just remembered something that would save you an old guard place. Andy Carroll is better than Peter Crouch and a very similar player.
Hmm, I'll consider, but Crouch's international record is impeccable and he brings alot to the team

Hmm, I'll consider, but Crouch's international record is impeccable and he brings alot to the team
Andy Carroll can't improve his international record while Crouch is getting played and international records won't count for much as Rooney scores loads in international on my saves.

23 MAN SQUAD FOR FRIENDLY VS HOLLAND
GOALKEEPERS:
Joe Hart, David Stockdale, Jack Butland

DEFENDERS:
Kyle Walker, Glen Johnson (OG), Phil Jagielka, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Ryan Shawcross, Kieran Gibbs, Ashley Cole (OG)

MIDFIELDERS:
Theo Walcott, Matt Phillips, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley, Tom Huddlestone, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere

STRIKERS:
Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge, Andrew Carroll

OG=Old guard