England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders:
Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright Phillips

Strikers:
Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe, Emile Heskey

My final 23: Hart, James, Green; G Johnson, Carragher, Ferdinand, Terry, King, Dawson, A Cole, Baines; J Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Parker, A Johnson, Walcott; Rooney, Bent, Crouch, Defoe, Heskey

Thoughts? Also who would be in your final 23?

My 23:

GK:
Hart, James, Green

Defence:
Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry

Midfield:
Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Shaun Wright Phillips, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole

Forwards:
Wayne Rooney, Emile Heskey, Theo Walcott, Jermaine Defoe

Starting Line up:

GK: Joe Hart
LB: Ashley Cole
RB: Glen Johnson
CB: John Terry
CB: Jamie Carragher
LM: James Milner
RM: Joe Cole/Theo Walcott
CM: Frank Lampard
CM: Steven Gerrard
CF: Emile Heskey
ST: Wayne Rooney

Last edited:
Im not English, but this would be my final 23

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry,

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott,

Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe

i belive we may need a plan b and we dont have one at the moment, in the friendly against mexico i would like to see hart, carragher, baines, king, dawson, j.cole, huddlestone,carrick,johnson,bent,heskey. basicly a 2nd team a chance for them to prove their good enough to take to south africa. then in the 2nd game start the strongest side i.e james,a.cole,jt,rio,johnson,gerrard,lamps,lennon,milner,rooney,crouch. just my opinion anyone agree?

i belive we may need a plan b and we dont have one at the moment, in the friendly against mexico i would like to see hart, carragher, baines, king, dawson, j.cole, huddlestone,carrick,johnson,bent,heskey. basicly a 2nd team a chance for them to prove their good enough to take to south africa. then in the 2nd game start the strongest side i.e james,a.cole,jt,rio,johnson,gerrard,lamps,lennon,milner,rooney,crouch. just my opinion anyone agree?
thats why i wanted to see a 4-2-3-1 like i descibed earlier, we have the players to use it, and it offers a good strong midfield, particularly against the possession sides

Capello Also Asked Paul Scholes to play, But him being a man of his word, said No thank you, It wouldnt be fair on the others who did the hard work early on.

Capello Also Asked Paul Scholes to play, But him being a man of his word, said No thank you, It wouldnt be fair on the others who did the hard work early on.

He is a good man pitty about carragher though but have you noticed so many stars come out of retirement for this WC? van nistelrooy and carragher, Van Der sar saying he was open for a recall.OK not so many but im sure there was others

No offense but the squad looks weak... hopefully the can put in a good performance. If Joe Hart plays they will go far. If Green or James plays they may as well not bother showing up.

No offense but the squad looks weak... hopefully the can put in a good performance. If Joe Hart plays they will go far. If Green or James plays they may as well not bother showing up.
thats makes no sense. you have no idea how hart is gonna perform in the world cup. if the squad is weak, how does hart take us far?

thats makes no sense. you have no idea how hart is gonna perform in the world cup. if the squad is weak, how does hart take us far?

I have absolutely no idea, but me (and my wallet) are hoping England do well, I'm just being pessimistic :$

these are the 7 players i would cut for the final squad
warnock
upson
joe cole
walcott
wright-phillips
parker
defoe

Walcott won't be cut, he's one of Capello's favourites, I think Defoe deserves his place after being left out for the past 2 world cups.

Out of form Heskey instead of an in form Zamora? Yeah, form is temporary class is permanent blah blah blah. So much for the 'I will pick the players in form' ****, and 'if you're not playing you won't be picked'.

I'm happy King and Parker got in and I really hope they don't get dropped.

Also Green, once again, wtf.
what about Robinson or Kirkland??? much better IMO, dont really like the look of this squad to be quite honest :'(

Time will tell if Mr. Capello does the job in the world cup, so far it's looking that way imo, the players just need to commit more and play like they'd do for their clubs and not try and be individuals, if then England team plays like a "team" we'd have a fighting chance of making the Finals.

heskeyposter.jpg

XD

What the ****, Carrick, Upson, Green, Heskey,

Bit of a joke really...

Oh and as for Gareth Barry, what ever happened to "Only fit players are coming"

Are you semi-retarded? Aside from Hart who has NO experience at international level, Greeno is the best keeper we have.

I disagree. I think Paul Robinson and Joe Hart have been our best keepers this season, and David James is there for experience.

Robinson > Green.