England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

So pleased that johnson is going, same with SWP, id definitely take out warnock and upson, i think baines is the man for LB

I thought you still lived in America man?

I do, But that doesnt make me American LOL, sorry for my outburst, the MSN people know.....

And like somebody said before, what if Rooney is marked out of the game?

Heskey isn't a reliable goalscorer.
ive already answered that earlier in the thread, go back and read up

Not sure id this has been said but Capello asked Zamora if he wanted to be in the 30 man squad and zamora said no as he would need an injection every game to play or an operation, so zamora would have been in there

Not sure id this has been said but Capello asked Zamora if he wanted to be in the 30 man squad and zamora said no as he would need an injection every game to play or an operation, so zamora would have been in there
dont think it was. only just noticed this:

"Zamora was a really important player but we spoke with him and he has a big problem with his Achilles," Capello added. "He said he can't play because he can't train every day."

id take an injection or operation just to play for my country all day long.

Well I was just clearing up the fact that Zamora probably would have gone if fully fit :)

dont think it was. only just noticed this:

"Zamora was a really important player but we spoke with him and he has a big problem with his Achilles," Capello added. "He said he can't play because he can't train every day."

but niether can ledly king??

id take an injection or operation just to play for my country all day long.
if he needs one every day, hes not gonna be 100%, he'd be lucky to be at 80%, not mention the long term damage that can occur

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

but niether can ledly king??
ledley king is a freak of nature though, its unbelievable thats hes been able to do it. players arent the same, they dont all respond to injuries the same way

King isn't, but King has been like that for years and he knows how to deal with it. He doesn't train with the rest of the squad, and struggles to play a lot of games close together.

if he needs one every day, hes not gonna be 100%, he'd be lucky to be at 80%, not mention the long term damage that can occur

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

ledley king is a freak of nature though, its unbelievable thats hes been able to do it. players arent the same, they dont all respond to injuries the same way

yer so true. he had to take 1 of either bent or zamora, bent has had a brilliant season but i dont think he will take him shame.

yer so true. he had to take 1 of either bent or zamora, bent has had a brilliant season but i dont think he will take him shame.
i know, i dont think people realise it was gonna be one of the other, never both (barring injury to someone ekse). think bent will go though, i reall wanna see try a 4-2-3-1 in one of the friendlies

i know, i dont think people realise it was gonna be one of the other, never both (barring injury to someone ekse). think bent will go though, i reall wanna see try a 4-2-3-1 in one of the friendlies

with who in the lineup?

with who in the lineup?
aggressive 4-2-3-1:

GK:James/Hart

LB: cole
CB: rio
CB: ledley
RB: johnson

MCD: parker
MCA:lampard
AML: cole/milner
AMC gerrard
AMR: lennon
FC: rooney

possession 4-2-3-1

GK:James/Hart

LB: cole
CB: rio
CB: ledley
RB: carragher

MCD (drops to just in front of centrebacks, effectively creating a back 3): carrick
MCA (doesnt gets forwar but stays in centre circle: barry
AML: cole/milner
AMC lampard
AMR: lennon
FC: rooney

the second one is similar to how brazil play, and i guarantee if they win the world cup, you will see loads of teams playing formation next season (bet you SAF magpies it)

The starting XI I would like to see in friendlies:

..............................Hart
Johnson....Terry.........King....Cole
Lennon....Lampard....Milner....Gerrard
.................Rooney......Heskey