England Provisional Squad for the World Cup

I wonder what the odds are on Heskey winning the golden boot at the World Cup..

I wonder, if I put £1 on it, and he did win the Golden Boot, how much I'd get.. Might give it a go XD

what does that mean? I heard it before but dont get what it means.

It means that is basically inevitable so it would be very silly for bookies to take bets on such a sure thing

So the original poster used it in the wrong sense

Last edited:
It never fails to amaze me how Heskey can score less goals than a centre back and still get into the England squad.

It never fails to amaze me at watching how well Rooney and Heskey play together some people still criticise Heskey's inclusion.

Johnson has probably took Downings place in the squad,how ironic. He was Downings understudy at Boro. Fans always knew he was the better player.

BBC Sport said:
Under Fifa regulations, Capello is permitted to bring players into his 23-man squad who were not included in the preliminary party.
But that would be an unusual move, meaning the final party he takes to this summer's finals in South Africa is likely to come from the one he has already named.

Apparently we are wrong and Capello CAN pick people from outside the 30 he's already named.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8673706.stm

not a bad squad i would take richards and young over swp and carragher but thats me im glad neville didn`t make it along with hargreves both haven`t played much footy saying that rio hasn`t either ,the heskey things a hard one because he does play well with rooney but i`d go rooney n crouch hope hart get the no`1 best english keeper all season,.johnson has impressed along with milner and lennon i would still take theo but im a gooner so thats probley why,not to keen on dawson and king but i suppose they are only back up to terry n rio so not a bad subs. off topic messi for golden boot and if not england then the argeys to win it!

still have a suspicion Bobby will make it if he proves his fitness, probably at the expense of a left back reserve. Capello has watched him so many times and he's always impressed.

still have a suspicion Bobby will make it if he proves his fitness, probably at the expense of a left back reserve. Capello has watched him so many times and he's always impressed.
it was always gonna be one of zamora/bent. there's no way capello will go with one left back

Ahley Cole has the position down, there's no need to bring another with Milner or Carragher able to cover in an unlikely emergency.

Heskey??
5 goals in 24 games and he gets picked for the English squad??

Somebody get me a passport... I might get my game XD

Ahley Cole has the position down, there's no need to bring another with Milner or Carragher able to cover in an unlikely emergency.
no thats starts to tie you down unnecessairly at the back. the truth is he will go with 2 left backs. and not 6 strikers

To show the difference in class I just looked at the Spain 30 and near enough spunked all over my bedroom ceiling and then looked at this one and thought 'meh'

I'm really disappointed that Ashley Young hasn't been named in the provisonal as I think he's better than Adam Johnson whos only been good since January and I don't think should be anyway near the plane. :S

As for the rest of the squad no problems, Heskey was obviously going to get picked and he is obviously going to go, he's a brilliant target man and complements Rooney very well which is important as it seems Rooney basically is the world cup for England this year. I think Milner should start on the Right Wing for England as I don't rate Shaun Wright Philips at all, I think Milner has it over him in every department.

I'm so pleased he's taken Darren Bent, class striker :wub:

It never fails to amaze me at watching how well Rooney and Heskey play together some people still criticise Heskey's inclusion.
And like somebody said before, what if Rooney is marked out of the game?

Heskey isn't a reliable goalscorer.