England squad announced for friendlies against Spain and Sweden.

Well David Nugent is obviously ****, use some common sense, it's obvious I'm not talking about them sort of players. England's team is average. Like I said, come Summer you will all be disappointed again. Agree or disagree, I couldn't care less really.

Well David Nugent is obviously ****, use some common sense, it's obvious I'm not talking about them sort of players. England's team is average. Like I said, come Summer you will all be disappointed again. Agree or disagree, I couldn't care less really.

All depends on your level of expectation, the reason most people were disgruntled during the world cup was because the performances were dire. If we go to the Euro's and perform well but still get knocked out, so be it. At least the fans will know the players went and gave there very best. No one is expecting England to win it.

I think Capello should have started Sturridge, i said 6months before his loan move to Bolton that he is a player that needs to start matches not be bought on a sub.

I admit I was disappointed he didn't start. Was pretty disappointed Welbeck didn't start because of his injury too. Still, there's more friendlies to come-they may get the starts then

You're contradicting yourself, first you talk about world class, not they are average. make your mind up.

England is made up of good player, who dont usually play well together as a team but have shown the improvments of late, whether that continues is another question, no one is getting carried away so stop harping on here they will all be disappointed. if you are so bored of england, perhaps move on? If you couldnt care less then leave the discussion to those to do rather than blindly hitting out at nothing in particular

I completely agree, but I wasn't addressing it to people like you pal. I'm more talking about the general public, not the hardcore football fans. The general public will catch a huge boost off these two victories, and I'm just saying that they will yet again be booing England when they get knocked out because they believe they should win. That's all I'm saying.

I completely agree, but I wasn't addressing it to people like you pal. I'm more talking about the general public, not the hardcore football fans. The general public will catch a huge boost off these two victories, and I'm just saying that they will yet again be booing England when they get knocked out because they believe they should win. That's all I'm saying.

Ok fair enough. I just get a little testy when people keeping knocking england. we aint great, but we're not that bad either. They did the business these two game, and they deserve credit where its due.

I agree, I was merely trying to stop everyone from overreacting, like you do when the press hype it up. Beating Spain on any night is no mere feat, so getting up and staying up is demonstrating qualities we have never seen before. However, defeating a poor Swedish side on the night was an anti-climax in my opinion. Sweden have been doing sensational however on the night I thought they were poor. Fabio will leave after the Euros, where I think we'll get to the Quarters or Semis and get knocked out.

I have a lot, lot more hope for the World Cup in 2014. Being only 15 at the moment, the 2014 World Cup will be the biggest for me personally, seeings as I will be 18 and it will be the first World Cup I'll be watching in pubs and with the talent we have coming through, the future does look bright, but is it too early to expect our young England squad to go and win that competition? I don't think so. Wilshere, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling etc will have another huge two years under they're belt at the top end of World Football, so that leaves me to look past the 2012 Euros and towards the World Cup, where I think we have a huge chance of winning of first World Cup in god knows how many years.

I agree, I was merely trying to stop everyone from overreacting, like you do when the press hype it up. Beating Spain on any night is no mere feat, so getting up and staying up is demonstrating qualities we have never seen before. However, defeating a poor Swedish side on the night was an anti-climax in my opinion. Sweden have been doing sensational however on the night I thought they were poor. Fabio will leave after the Euros, where I think we'll get to the Quarters or Semis and get knocked out.

I have a lot, lot more hope for the World Cup in 2014. Being only 15 at the moment, the 2014 World Cup will be the biggest for me personally, seeings as I will be 18 and it will be the first World Cup I'll be watching in pubs and with the talent we have coming through, the future does look bright, but is it too early to expect our young England squad to go and win that competition? I don't think so. Wilshere, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling etc will have another huge two years under they're belt at the top end of World Football, so that leaves me to look past the 2012 Euros and towards the World Cup, where I think we have a huge chance of winning of first World Cup in god knows how many years.

I'd take a quarter or semi final quite happily. The big issue is having a coherent tactical plan from the u-17s to the senior side. Every national side we have should be playing in the same way. That is something we havent done, and its hurting us

I couldn't agree more Mike. That's a huge grey area in our game, our best players have never fit into the tactics correctly, just look at Lamps and Gerrard for example, on their day two of the best central midfielder players in the World, period. Yet put them in the same team together and they look like they have never seen a football in their life.

If we develop a certain tactic right the way through the youth system to the senior side, we are onto a winner.

I couldn't agree more Mike. That's a huge grey area in our game, our best players have never fit into the tactics correctly, just look at Lamps and Gerrard for example, on their day two of the best central midfielder players in the World, period. Yet put them in the same team together and they look like they have never seen a football in their life.

If we develop a certain tactic right the way through the youth system to the senior side, we are onto a winner.

We keep talking about the other sides. they play the same way as they did when they hit the u-17s. Forget trying to pass like barca or whatever, that comes in the much longer term (personally if there is any side we should be emulating its germany), lets get all our sides on the same page first, for now playing to our strengths and then building that around what creative players we have

*Bump*

Was supposed to ask this while the match was still relevant but forgot.... Does anyone know why Torres was the only player who was loudly booed every time he touched the ball?

*Bump*

Was supposed to ask this while the match was still relevant but forgot.... Does anyone know why Torres was the only player who was loudly booed every time he touched the ball?

Probably from anti-chelsea fans I guess. Or Chelsea fans annoyed with Torres lack of goals. All I can think of

I don't understand why, if it was anti Chelsea fans they would have booed Mata surely?

Torres is one of the nice guys on and off the pitch so I don't understand that level of resentment. He did notice the boo's because he mentions them in the Liverpool build up - ''I am sure they will boo me more even more than England fans fans did at Wembley, but I don’t feel bitter towards them.''

Given the price English footballers go for I can't see it being the fact he cost 50 million. I doubt it was 80,000 scousers either, the only reason I can think of is the 10 months of reading absolute drivel in the tabloids about how bad he is and how much of a failure he is.

Bit strange considering without Torres vs Drogba vs Ronaldo the Premier League would have been nowhere near as competitive and exciting a few seasons ago.

It could be in previous friendlies we have had against them he has dived alot? That's the only thing I can think of but it seems mad how almost half the ground would be booing him for that.

@Mike I totally agree with you, we haven't got the passing ability and possession ability to be able to pass it round like Spain. I don't think we should emulate anyone however, we need to develop our own style and use it. We are a strong side when our players are on the same wavelength. We just need them playing in a system that suits them and if that formation means we have to sacrifice a few players for the greater good then so be it. We won't move anywhere, if we continue the same negative possession game, passing it across the back four for a third of the game. We need to adopt a more attackive approach IMO.

I'm tired and sick of all this abuse for Torres, and I'm a Liverpool fan. Sure, he left us, but it wasn't like Liverpool had to accept the bid and that he didn't do anything for us.

He's a nice guy, never really dived, swore or complained and he's a great player too. He was fantastic for us (Liverpool) and that should be respected; I'm not at all bitter at him. I do have a bit of banter about him with my friends but that's just banter; it's the same about every player.

It's getting disgusting how much abuse he gets from some Liverpool fans now (not saying anyone on this forum, mind)!