England squad announced for friendlies against Spain and Sweden.

Very defensive midfield trio, I expect Walker and Baines to bomb forward tonight because of it.

Nice flowing move there. Good chance to make it one nil

Nice goal Barry.

*******'s rubbin it in for me now

England's 2000th international goal goes down as... a Daniel Majstorovic own goal. Yeup, seems about right.

so close Rodwell. Great cross by Leighton.

England's 2000th international goal goes down as... a Daniel Majstorovic own goal. Yeup, seems about right.

Barry clearly used his mad skills to direct the ball onto the defender's head to deflect it into the corner past the keeper.

That would've been a great goal by Jones. Great run by him

Sureley playing for the English National Team means your world class?

Well, Ibra was **** simple as. Uninterested.

England? Back four looked comfortable. Looked good going forward, Walker looked very good tonight. Rodwell showed a lot of promise-unlucky though, should've got one goal at least. He'll get better and that's for sure-then when he's fully settled in, Barkley will give him competition too. But I'm still not convinced on the striker option. Once again starved at times but not Zamoras fault, and having to rely on another outfield player to score. That situation needs sorted. So an efficient performance with very good individual performances.

Last edited:
Great game by Walker, deserved MOTM. Baines and Downing combined well. Rodwell wasn't afraid to have efforts on goal and looked good. Centre backs were solid. Walcott made good runs but, as usual, couldn't cross. Jones was solid and also made that good run which he maybe should have scored. Zamora did his job well. I liked how we played short balls into him and used his presence that way instead of just hoofing from defence. Overall a good performance

Glenn Johnson, Scott Carson, Gareth Barry, Garry Cahill, Emile Heskey are all world class players.

That's what I mean, we won't. This is just another thing that always happens everytime before a major tournament, everyone gets really excited, ease the group stage and get beat in the Quarter-finals, usually against Portugal. I'm not saying it was a bad performance at all, any team who pull off a victory against the Spaniards, even on their own soil are very much a good side, but you can't say their going to do that in major tournaments with a lot more pressure from fans and the world public really. We always underperform and I can't help but feel that the exact same thing is going to happen again. We have the players, I think but we never play attackive football, we were on the back foot against Spain for long periods of the game. They hit the post, and others would have went in on other days. We always lack going forward, we need to get Ashley Young in the side as he I think has proven he is now World Class, I would go that far because he made a huge jump from my side to a more pressured Manchester United side and he's made the transition perfectly. Micah Richards has also got to be in with a shout. He has showed that he can be consistent in the Champions League and the Premier League. Agbonlahor, has got to be in with the shout the way he is playing at the moment, I'd have Gabby in for Bent any day of the week, Agbonlahor has got the pace and the potential to be a danger whoever he plays against, even playing him on the wing would work. I don't think come summer that it will be Jagielka and Lescott centre half when we kick off in the Euros. John Terry and Rio will be his first choice in my opinion. I feel they are not up to it now. We should most definitely keep these centre halfs, Lescott did look solid, and Jagielka had a good performance, but when the pressure is really on in the Euro's, will they perform against some of the best sides in the world? I don't think so. So I'm not stopping everyone else get excited but I'm just saying that it will be the same old ****!

a lot of assumption there, most of it unfounded. Rio has been dropped to due to fitness. gabby is injured, as is young ( who is already first choice).

NO ONE has got carried away either, not sure why you think people are. Of course we were on the back foot vs Spain, have you been watching england (average) and spain (masters on possession)? We were always gonna be on the counter, but we lacked the creative players to make it happen (all injured or dropped because of suspension). So many if, buts, maybes. what happens on other days is irrelevant. Spain didnt have enough answers. spain had 4 good chances we had 2.

And yes you can say the are going to do that. they are always under pressure, what they did is actually execute the game plan.

To be honest, you are getting worked up about nothing that is actually concrete. Rio may not even be playing for us (United) come the summer, let alone england.

That attitude is actually what holds england back, stop whacking them over the head with the past, and ignoring all the positives.

Last edited:
We have shown one thing-we can survive (to a point) without Rooney. So we have the quality to be quietly efficient against most teams, and shown that if he we did have injuries to say a CB we have more than capable replacements such as Cahill, Jagielka for example.

****....I'm starting to look forward to the Euros and get optomistic already.

Oh yeah, speaking of World Class teams...Costa Rica 2 Spain 0

I'm talking about regular's and define World Class? Surely if you play regularly for England and for your club in Premier League aswell as the Champions League, you've got to be the top elite of football.. surely.

You're the first person I've seen who classes Dave Nugent as world class.

I'm talking about regular's and define World Class? Surely if you play regularly for England and for your club in Premier League aswell as the Champions League, you've got to be the top elite of football.. surely.

Gareth Barry is world class, is he? Glen Johnson is world class. Downing is world class.

Ridiculous. The very top tier of players are world class. Your Robbens, your Rooneys, your Robin Van Persies. Glen Johnson plays regularly for England, but he was pushed out of the right back position by a 19 year old last year domestically.

Good performance again and I'm liking the players being used, hopefully Capello opts to take most of them to the Euros instead of the usual suspects. Walker has been fantastic as has Gary Cahill, Lescott (vs. Spain), Downing was impressive when running against players, Jones has been solid in midfield although I still see him more of a centre half and there's other players too that deserve to be at the Euros.

And that's forgetting some of the players we didn't see, for example Jermain Defoe, Ashley Cole as regulars amongst others. However, Adam Johnson (Only given 15 minutes against Spain) and Micah Richards (Not called up at all?!) should be given some more time on the field for England, both have done very well this season for City and surely deserve a chance.

Andy Johnson of Fulham perhaps too, he's been sticking them away. Gabriel Agbonlahor has looked very bright this season also.