England squad for Euro double-header

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 6K
Dunno why we're arguing about this, it's elementary. Capello's obviously going to start Lampard and Barry in midfield, Andy Carroll up front with Adam Johnson behind him on the wing, and Lescott at the back.

why must you always depress me? I was building a steady stream of optimism

why must you always depress me? I was building a steady stream of optimism

It's better to brace ourselves for disappointment in advance rather than have our hopes shattered in a moment. :(

At least we can say Lampard has some sort of reputation to getting in. Barry has? ..

Dunno why we're arguing about this, it's elementary. Capello's obviously going to start Lampard and Barry in midfield, Andy Carroll up front with Adam Johnson behind him on the wing, and Lescott at the back.

In the post where I said how I think we should play, I almost listed how Capello inevitably will play lol. Eventually the penny will drop surely- we can only hope. The sad thing is, when he goes we will obviously appoint Redknapp and the gap between us and Spain etc will be not so much a gap as a gaping chasm.

I live in Eternal optimism....and constant disappointment. I will actually shed a tear of joy if that line up starts

On the plus side, we're finally developing some proper depth for our national team. Young's stepped up from being a winger on the decline to being properly scary again (the majority of that will be from playing with better teammates, but some credit surely must go Fergie's way once more), Smalling and Jones will soon be good enough to start for England, Cleverley's wonderfully versatile and if nothing else a brilliant backup to Wilshere, Welbeck's breaking through.

Quite apart from United, there are a whole host of people. Huddlestone, Delph (who doesn't quite deserve a call up yet, but give him half a season), Downing, Walker and a whole host of others can complement the first-teamers. It's a far cry from when Jermaine Jenas got 21 caps for England.

In the post where I said how I think we should play, I almost listed how Capello inevitably will play lol. Eventually the penny will drop surely- we can only hope. The sad thing is, when he goes we will obviously appoint Redknapp and the gap between us and Spain etc will be not so much a gap as a gaping chasm.

we actually have talent coming through and we are about to be hamstrung by a complete halfwit. Get me Ancellotti (should have hired him in the first place)

we actually have talent coming through and we are about to be hamstrung by a complete halfwit. Get me Ancellotti (should have hired him in the first place)

At least a lot of the talent coming through is in midfield, and it looks like 'Arry is going to get the job next so.. Surely we're onto a winner!?

At least a lot of the talent coming through is in midfield, and it looks like 'Arry is going to get the job next so.. Surely we're onto a winner!?

I'm so unnerved by the prospect of him near the england side

On the plus side, we're finally developing some proper depth for our national team. Young's stepped up from being a winger on the decline to being properly scary again (the majority of that will be from playing with better teammates, but some credit surely must go Fergie's way once more), Smalling and Jones will soon be good enough to start for England, Cleverley's wonderfully versatile and if nothing else a brilliant backup to Wilshere, Welbeck's breaking through.

Quite apart from United, there are a whole host of people. Huddlestone, Delph (who doesn't quite deserve a call up yet, but give him half a season), Downing, Walker and a whole host of others can complement the first-teamers. It's a far cry from when Jermaine Jenas got 21 caps for England.

------------Hart--------
Richards-Jones-Smalling-Walker
-----Wilshere-Thudd
-Johnson--Rooney--Young
---------Welbeck------
-

Future England team??
^^)

Harry Redkanpp

Future England manager?

:@

I'm so unnerved by the prospect of him near the england side

You're just missing his logic. Defenders can defend but can't attack, and attackers can attack but can't defend. Midfielders though, can attack AND defend. You're getting practically 2 players on the pitch for each, Redknapp is just light years ahead of his tactical time.

------------Hart--------
Richards-Jones-Smalling-Walker
-----Wilshere-Thudd
-Johnson--Rooney--Young
---------Welbeck------
-

Future England team??
^^)

Harry Redkanpp

Future England manager?

:@

Ugh. Walker at LB? Gibbs please. Likewise, fecking Adam Johnson? What has he actually done to deserve that? Albrighton please.

You're just missing his logic. Defenders can defend but can't attack, and attackers can attack but can't defend. Midfielders though, can attack AND defend. You're getting practically 2 players on the pitch for each, Redknapp is just light years ahead of his tactical time.

I like the way you've disregarded attacking full-backs, Dirk Kuyt, Wayne Rooney and Ji-Sung Park there. ;)

Ugh. Walker at LB? Gibbs please. Likewise, fecking Adam Johnson? What has he actually done to deserve that? Albrighton please.

I like the way you've disregarded attacking full-backs, Dirk Kuyt, Wayne Rooney and Ji-Sung Park there. ;)

Kuyt and Park count as midfielders, Rooney is Rooney, Dani Alves is THE attacking full back, and considering it's the trend here to make conclusions from small events, he played as a winger against Sevilla, so he too is a midfielder. This is exactly why Harry will be England manager and you won't!

How did I forget Gibbs! :O

Been the first player I could think of in that position :$

Depends how Albrighton progresses really. If we go with Young on the other side than Albrighton is definitely the better option there to provide the width. My future England team stands corrected. (Hopefully so does the manager)

Albrighton is overra *explodes*

Wtf is Lescott doing anywhere near the England squad? If we have serious GKing issues by the way, you know who we can call upon! The ultimate Arsenal legend!

Also, I think Frimpong should be there simply because of his DENCH-ness. Lescott is most certainly #NOTDEEEEENCH

Wtf is Lescott doing anywhere near the England squad? If we have serious GKing issues by the way, you know who we can call upon! The ultimate Arsenal legend!

Also, I think Frimpong should be there simply because of his DENCH-ness. Lescott is most certainly #NOTDEEEEENCH

And Cudicini ;)

Almunia.

I think you've been enjoying yourself a little too much on holiday.

Put the drink down and back away from the keyboard.

Almunia.

I think you've been enjoying yourself a little too much on holiday.

Put the drink down and back away from the keyboard.

We'd be better off with Terry in goal than Almunia.

It's the Spanish shandy!

Back