16. James Milner
17. Shaun Wright-Phillips
18. Jamie Carragher
19. Jermain Defoe
20. Ledley King
21. Emile Heskey
22. Michael Carrick
23. Joe Hart

---------------------------------David James----------------------------------------------
---Johnson------------Terry----------------Ferdinand--------------------Ashley Cole---
------------------------------James Milner---------------Lampard----------------------------
-----------------------------------------------Gerrarard-------------------------------------------
--------Lennon-------------------------Rooney--------------------------------Joe Cole-----

looking at that i think maybe james as keeper and crouch playing instead of heskey (if we play 2 strikers) if 1 striker maybe joe cole is going to be played

Green
Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole

------Lampard------Barry

----------------Milner------------

Lennon---------Rooney---------J.Cole

I have read Capello is gonna try playing Rooney as a lone striker with Gerrard in a free role behind him........that will be interesting to watch as Gerrard is profilic when he is given a free-role

I think Hart should be the Main Goalkeeper..I may be wrong though..

Hart is great but his inexperience may cost him.....I would go for David James he is more experienced and is a good keeper

Hart should be number 1, Green and James make too many mistakes and shouldnt even be going.

I think Hart should be the Main Goalkeeper..I may be wrong though..

In all honesty, there isn't much between Hart and James -- they're both capable of great saves and command the 18 yard box well. I think James will get the nod though based on his previous experiences (both good and bad and at a higher level than Hart) which put him in a strong position. Hart will be the number one for years to come though, pretty sure of that.

Hart should be number 1, Green and James make too many mistakes and shouldnt even be going.

if james and green shouldnt be going which two other english keepers should be going instead cause atm i cant think of any english keeper better then either of them two

Alright genius, so aside from Hart, which keepers would you take?

I would only take Hart and Robinson. Robinson was pretty consistant for Blackburn this season where as Green nearly went down and James did. (They would have gone down even with out the 9 point deduction.) Personally I dont see why you need 3 keepers for a maximum 7 games.

I would only take Hart and Robinson. Robinson was pretty consistant for Blackburn this season where as Green nearly went down and James did. (They would have gone down even with out the 9 point deduction.) Personally I dont see why you need 3 keepers for a maximum 7 games.

all because james got relegated and green nearly did dont mean robinson is btter then them it aint just keepers fault when they concede goals it usually comes down to the defence

all because james got relegated and green nearly did dont mean robinson is btter then them it aint just keepers fault when they concede goals it usually comes down to the defence

I remember when James was at City, week after week it was mistake after mistake. And if I remember rightly he gifted Drogba a goal by running out and completely missing the ball... Englands first choice... Really? :S

Think you're being a bit harsh on James, after all, when not injured, he has been fantastic ever since he went to Portsmouth -- his performance against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was immense. Green, I agree, has been dodgy on a few occasions (not just this season) but there aren't many top quality English keepers about. Robinson played ok last year, but don't forget the previous two seasons where he was dire at times. 3 keepers are definately needed -- just look at Brazil, their number one was taken off injured yesterday and the tournament hasn't even begun.

Hart should be number 1, sure he's not the most experienced guy in the team but he's been amazing all season and proved his worth in the two friendlies, I needs to be given a chance against the group teams.

Think you're being a bit harsh on James, after all, when not injured, he has been fantastic ever since he went to Portsmouth -- his performance against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was immense. Green, I agree, has been dodgy on a few occasions (not just this season) but there aren't many top quality English keepers about. Robinson played ok last year, but don't forget the previous two seasons where he was dire at times. 3 keepers are definately needed -- just look at Brazil, their number one was taken off injured yesterday and the tournament hasn't even begun.

You mean the semi-final where he got a dodgy free kick after he tried to collect the ball and ran into someone and fell over and Spurs scored and it was dissallowed. He was at fault for that goal that should have put Spurs in the final.

You mean the semi-final where he got a dodgy free kick after he tried to collect the ball and ran into someone and fell over and Spurs scored and it was dissallowed. He was at fault for that goal that should have put Spurs in the final.

Yes -- but don't forget the 3 world class saves he also made.

Sorry to disagree guys but you dont put a young goalie who has earned only 2 caps for England into the thick of World Cup action anyways Im sure you all will agree Goalkeepers are Englands weakest link..........Joe Hart will be given a chance but James is the man now

Suprsed you didnt mention Ross Turnbull s he is a Chelsea goalie only joking mate Paul Robinson was good this season but I feel James deserves it more. and Kirkland and Scott Carson are rubbish plus james has the international experience ahead of Joe hart