England Squad Numbers

The saves are great and all but 1 mistake can cost you the World Cup like it should have cost them the FA Cup final place. He makes too many in my opinion.

He makes more than Hart is my point when Hart is just as good at making saves.

Last edited:
The saves are great and all but 1 mistake can cost you the World Cup like it should have cost them the FA Cup final place. He makes too many in my opinion.

There is a bit of truth in that but on his day James is class....

****. SSN says James has the number 1. Lennon 7 Crouch 9 J. Cole 11.

No mate, I started this thread when I got the squad numbers.

My bad, where did you get them. I have only just seen it on SSN. I assumed you were speculating. Sorry.

Sorry Andy.

1. Green
2. Johnson
3. Cole
4. Barry
5.Rio
6. Terry
7. Lennon
8. Lampard
9. Gerrard
10. Rooney
11. J Cole
12. Hart
13. Warnock
14. Carrick
15. Crouch
16. Milner
17. SWP
18. Defoe
19. Heskey
20. King
21. James
22. Upson
23. Carragher

;) I should be gaffer ;)

Lampard,Gerrard and Rooney.............these are the 3 players who will be immense in decding Englands run in the World Cup

Lampard,Gerrard and Rooney.............these are the 3 players who will be immense in decding Englands run in the World Cup

They will have to be for England to have a chance of getting anywhere in it.

I hope so :) Would like to see Gerrard playing just off Rooney. Also, If Lamps plays anywhere near his Chelsea form we should do very well indeed. As a Spurs fan, it pains me to say it (lol), but Lampard is f---ing brilliant when he's on form.

I gotta agree mate when on form Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world

and the best thing about him is that he rarely is off form

JDH - your biased towards Hart cos your a city fan...
and as for only taking 2 keepers to the world cup, then your a fool, as i'm pretty sure you have to take a minimum of 3 keepers on international duty?

yeh good point retro dude..

you could never take 2 goal keepers...that's a HUGE risk
and i think hart or green.

No I just dont rate David James or Robert Green. I wouldnt complain if Paul Robinson was picked ahead of Hart as he is more consistant then either James or Green. But there is actually a rule about taking 3 keepers as North Korea have since found out by naming only 2 now one of their strikers will have to play in goal.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Although I dont know why there is a rule on this as surely FIFA cant tell you who to play in goal?

Although I dont know why there is a rule on this as surely FIFA cant tell you who to play in goal?

It's FIFA's competition -- anyone who enters has to abide by their rules. I think the rule exists to give teams a fair chance of competing with a strong squad -- otherwise teams might take only one gk and if he got injured they'd be knackered. With three, in theory, you're covered against injury and suspension (except in the most extreme case).

Such a difference in the class of goalkeepers england have nowadays...

From Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton, Nigel Martyn, David Seaman...
To a competition between David James, Robert Green and Joe Hart...

Not that they are not good, but if you catch my drift...