England U-21 Squad announced

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The youngsters need nurturing, not getting thrown into a tournament after playing a full seasons football with fitness problems. Kenny's been trying to give slowly bring Andy into the first team, rather than just throwing him and risking him getting injured. He's going to miss pre-season with us now and risk what we've been wary of, for an U-21 tournament..

really? doesnt seem to have hurt any other top teams, and for a united view, hernandez is about to play a second full tournament.

I thought their is a thing now where players called up had to attend the training base to prove their injury before pulling out of the squad?

But Pearce would take him and that's the point. He's fit now, he'll be struggling by next season.

Terry's relationship w Capello is nothing to do with it - He pretends to be injured for England games so he can play for his club. Yet he's a more important player for England than Wilshere will be, probably.

You know this how?...

We need to take a leaf out of Spain's book here if we want to become successful and pay this tournament some respect. They are playing Mata! A world cup winner in the u21 tournament.

P.S. If your so worried about Wilshere being worn out then why have you played him 40 odd times this season instead of easing him in and resting him in? Maybe that says something about your squad depth. If he wants to play, then let him.

This is why we always do **** at the world cup. All this club over country bollocks, and then your always the first people to crucify the national team when we lose to **** teams.

All other nations take this seriously, and look at them, they bring their youngsters up with a tournament winning mentality, I mean, look at the German squad at the world cup, all those players were brought up as winners, and that winning mentality has spread throughout the squad, and now, they are pretty rapey.

How ever much I would love to wrap all the English players up in cotton wool, I think players need to man up and just get on with it, it's no different from playing a world cup or a European comp at the end of the season, if the players can do it when they are young, when they should be in the best shape of their lives, then how are they going to cope when they are 27-30. Actually, they wont need to cope, because all our players by then will be as soft as ***** and we wont qualify for anything anyway.

Carroll and Suarez both involved in football over the summer ¬_¬'

welcome to top class young players. we have smalling, hernandez (playing his second full tournie) welbeck (who will be going in straight after injury, unlike carroll)

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

This is why we always do **** at the world cup. All this club over country bollocks, and then your always the first people to crucify the national team when we lose to **** teams.

All other nations take this seriously, and look at them, they bring their youngsters up with a tournament winning mentality, I mean, look at the German squad at the world cup, all those players were brought up as winners, and that winning mentality has spread throughout the squad, and now, they are pretty rapey.

How ever much I would love to wrap all the English players up in cotton wool, I think players need to man up and just get on with it, it's no different from playing a world cup or a European comp at the end of the season, if the players can do it when they are young, when they should be in the best shape of their lives, then how are they going to cope when they are 27-30. Actually, they wont need to cope, because all our players by then will be as soft as ***** and we wont qualify for anything anyway.

best post so far, couldnt agree more. We're finally doing things the right way and people still **** and moan

and there in lies the problem, its not a pointless tournament, every other top nation takes this very seriously, we dont and look where thats got us...

Not every nation does, though. Lamela, arguably our most promising youngster, didn't go to the U-21 championships due to a request by his club.

It has to be noted that we'll be missing the olympics because of it, so it's a decision that can of course backfire.

We will go far but as Dunc mentioned; Germany will be in our way, not to mention Spain or Belgium..

Solid squad.

Loach
Walker - Jones - Smalling - Gibbs
Rodwell
Wilshere - McEachran
Albrighton - Carroll - Sturridge

I think that the under-21s have a good chance of going quite far in this tourney.

I just hope Carroll scores lots and doesnt get injured :)

Walker/Albrighton/Carroll would be lethal. The two flank players both excellent crossers and have developed a good understanding at Villa, and Carroll the kind of player foreign teams struggle to deal with as well as being a beast in the air.

Howson in the squad despite being 23... **** yeah
He's actually played really well this season and is a shame he will be too old to play for U21 now and is no where near the senior England squad. Maybe if he leads us to the PL then he will be considered ;) Doubt he'll make the final squad to don't mind too much, would rather he get the summer off to recover from a hard season

Yes! Adam Lallana got in. :) The only player below Championship, but not for long anyway. Really glad, he has been one of the best players in the league this season, and he is amazing. Shame Chamberlain didn't get in, but he is only 17. Amazing team we have, and on paper, we should really own the tournament. And in 6 years time, look at the England senior team we will have! :D

Chamberlain has played for the U-21's before so I assumed he didn't get in because he's injured. :P I bet he'll get in the next one. :)

.............................Loach
Walker...........Smalling.......Rodwell..........Gibbs
Albrighton......Henderson.....Wilshere.......Sturridge
......................Carroll.........Hooper

Really strong squad but there will be one or two stronger imo.

The amount of people complaining that there wee starts might get hurt is laughable. The players want to play, (or they would pull out) they will benefit from tournament experience, they will benefit from playing with future England team-mates and they are in with a chance of brining silverware back to England.

If you are so concerned about them getting burnout then give then a month of at the start of the league.

I wish Ireland had a under-21 team that could compete with that. :S

Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has been drafted into England Under-21s' provisional 40-man squad for this summer's European Championships.

The 22-year-old will join up with Stuart Pearce's side after Bolton midfielder Mark Davies was ruled out of the tournament in Denmark through injury.

Pearce will submit his long squad to European governing body UEFA on Thursday and Spearing has been handed an under-21 berth for the first time.

Spearing has excelled at Liverpool since club legend Kenny Dalglish returned to the helm, becoming a key component in the Reds midfield and signing a contract extension with his boyhood club last week.

In total, Spearing has made 18 first-team appearances so far this season and despite being 22 he is eligible to compete for the under-21s because he was under-age when qualification began.

Football365 | All The News | Football News | SPEARING GETS ENGLAND UNDER-21 CALL

Imo a player should not be called up to the England squad and play regularly (like wilshere) then they should not be brought back into the U-21s. Either 1 or the other not both imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back