Status
Not open for further replies.
4-0

Otheriwse I'll get it in the neck from my maths teachers.

Feeling, 3-1 England

Hopefully will be a good game :)

Must admit i'm not overly confident it'll be an easy win, or a win at all, but i'm hoping for a 2-1 win.

England cant lose to a team that calls it "soccer". :p

I reckon England will smash the yanks 5-0. Rooney hat-trick :D

5-0
Gerrard 3
G. Johnson
Carragher

2-1 England

England should win but USA are a very quick side - good on the counter. I mean, look what they did to Spain. Should be a good match.

As an Aussie I shouldn't be going for England, but I am. It has been too long...

Last edited:
I think it's2-1 England, but a tie would not surprise me in the least. 2-2???

ive got a bet on with a mate from work which is if heskey gets a hat trick tomorrow i get his wages for this month soo please heskey for once actually do something

ive got a bet on with a mate from work which is if heskey gets a hat trick tomorrow i get his wages for this month soo please heskey for once actually do something

What does he win if you're wrong?

On topic: Seems to be a lot of skeptical England fans in this thread.

What does he win if you're wrong?

On topic: Seems to be a lot of skeptical England fans in this thread.
to be fair the usa are better than they are given credit for. they are quick hard working they press very hard, good onn the counter, and we are notoriously bad starters.

to be fair the usa are better than they are given credit for. they are quick hard working they press very hard, good onn the counter, and we are notoriously bad starters.

True story about us being notoriously bad starters, however I don't doubt we will win comfortably. I think all of the comments regarding us underestimating USA are fine, and arguably justified, but I also think we're underestimating our own team.

We have the quality to win easily if we play well, which I think we will. The friendlies are over now, it's time to step up to the plate.

True story about us being notoriously bad starters, however I don't doubt we will win comfortably. I think all of the comments regarding us underestimating USA are fine, and arguably justified, but I also think we're underestimating our own team.

We have the quality to win easily if we play well, which I think we will. The friendlies are over now, it's time to step up to the plate.
agreed. on our day we can play some truly devastating stuff. we've seen what our big players can do for their clubs time and time again. i really want us to pull it together and show the world what we're capable of.
a good start and an early goal and we could roll them for 2 or 3 more.

For me as a tactical obsessive, it all depends on formation. As many have said, your normal back four shielded by Barry/Carrick, with Lampard slightly further up the pitch, Lennon acting as winger to stretch play with Joe Cole/Milner cutting in from the left and Gerrard playing off Rooney would be a superb move. If we do that, 3-0 or maybe more for England.

If not, 2- or 3-1. I'll go 3-1.

3-0 England.

There really is only one winner. The USA are no match for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.