England-Where Now?

Facebook, Nike and Newcastle Announce Sponsorship Deal

images
images
images

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Newcastle United chairman Mike Ashley are pleased to announce that Facebook Inc., Nike Inc. and Newcastle United Football Club have agreed upon a new main kit sponsorship deal for the next two and a half years starting from January 2013.

The new kits will be manufactured by Nike starting from January and Newcastle will feature in the new kits on the 12th of January in their home match versus Liverpool. Chairman Mike Ashley also thanked Puma and Northern Rock for their association with the club. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was delighted and said "Yeah, I mean, football's a global sport and the Premier League is hugely popular so it is a good way of promoting our product there."

Nike Release Limited Edition Fan Jerseys

Nike today released limited edition fan jerseys for Newcastle United in the wake of their new sponsorship deal with the club. Newcastle fan spokesperson Harry Earl was delighted with the jerseys. The jersey is designed in street football style, with club colours of black and white and with the facebook logo in green and the Newcastle logo on the right side of the jersey.

The jerseys will go on sale at all major retail shops and Nike stores in the United Kingdom from the 10th of October. Jerseys will range from 20 Sterling Pounds to 45 Sterling Pounds depending upon the age and size.

Newcastle_Fan1.jpg

This is my first attempt at kit making so please do be considerate!

Last edited:
I just got CS5 and gave this a go. Lol I know! :) It seems pathetic even to me myself.

October Update

After signing the new deal with Facebook and Nike, I got down again to league business. This coming month was crucial because we had to play Blackburn, Aston Villa and Arsenal in the Premier League apart from a trip to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea in the Carling Cup 4th Round. Internationally, we had two more World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine.

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle United 1-0 Blackburn Rovers
(Frei 44')

A good match for us. We absolutely played Blackburn out of the park. 62% possession and 21 shots but just one goal to show for all that doesn't reflect our dominance over the Blackburn team. Alexander Frei continued his good form by notching up his only goal of the game. We'd have scored much more but some amazing keeping from Mark Bunn kept them in the game till the end.

2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

Moldova 1-
4 England
(Serghei Dadu 8' - Walcott 42' 90+4' Blajco O.G 62' Agbonlahor 66')

This match was supposed to be a stroll in the park for us and that's how it turned out to be in the end, even though it was the hosts who took a shock lead through Sergei Dadu's header from a corner. We continued to dominate and try and break Moldova's resolute defence throughout the half but only in the 42nd minute did we find an opening through Theo Walcott, who's been in awesome form for Arsenal. Halftime and it was 1-1.

I gave the guys a hairdryer treatment at halftime and it worked as Oleg Blajco was forced into an own goal to give us the lead following long spells of dominance. Then Gabriel Agbonlahor made it three with a simple tap in and finally Walcott again scored for good measure in injury time to round off a 4-1 win and an incredible second half from us.

2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

England 0-
1Ukraine

(Yarmolenko 29')

We were roundly booed as we left the Wembley and you can see why. It was a completely disappointing performance at home against Ukraine and they deserved to win the match. Even though we had 16 chances, most were long range or weak efforts which wouldn't have gone in even if a child had been their keeper. Wayne Rooney was a disappointment today as was the whole of the midfield, including Jack Wilshere (who'd been drafted in to replace the injured Steven Gerrard). But to be fair to the lads, it was a bit of luck that got Ukraine through but our performance was pathetic nevertheless.

This was our last competitive match this year and to end this way is disappointing. The table is now poised with suspense. We're first, Ukraine second and Montenegro third but all are on the same number of points. Only goal difference is keeping us in front.

World Cup 2014 Qualifiers (Europe) Table

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa 1- 1 Newcastle United
(Bent 89' - Ranger 37')

I was disappointed that we couldn't get three points from this game thanks to a ****** last minute goal from Darren Bent. Alexander Frei and Amr Zaki were both out through training injuries meaning Leon Best got his first start of the season alongside Chelsea loan signing Ulises Davila upfront. But Davila's injury in the 4th minute meant Nile Ranger came on for him in his first appearance for the club this season. Davide Santon's injury in the 18th minute meant that Arsenal loan signing Alex Chamberlain, even though he wasn't fully fit, came on for him. Nile Ranger took his chances well and deservedly got an opener when he volleyed home a cross from Chamberlain in the 37th minute. Aston Villa were dominating us but we were resorting heavily to counterattacks. In the last ten minutes, I thought we could park the bus but Darren Bent somehow found a way through to nod home Ricardo Quaresma's cross into the back of the net. Two injuries and two points lost, very disappointing trip to Birmingham.

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal
(Zaki 79')

Alexander Frei and Amr Zaki recovered in time for this crunch match. But among them, only Frei started alongside Nile Ranger while Zaki remained on the bench. Andreas Beck, a regular starter so far, was benched at right back and Younes Kaboul filled in for him. Dan Gosling started at right midfield and Kevin De Bruyne took left wing alongside Cheick Tiote and Yohan Cabaye in midfield. Arsenal started out with Van Persie leading the attack, flanked by Angel Di Maria and Marouane Chamakh. Abou Diaby, Jadson and Alex Song took the midfield while Kieran Gibbs, Per Mertesacker, Thomas Vermaelen and Bacary Sagna started at the back.

The match began very slowly for Newcastle and within fifteen minutes, Arsenal had come close twice, with Gibbs lashing a shot just wide and Van Persie spurning an easy chance. But then, Newcastle slowly began to get back as they relied more and more on a solid defensive performance and counterattacks. Both sides went in at halftime with the scores deadlocked at 0-0 and Arsenal being the slightly better side but Newcastle having firmly been in the driving seat for the last ten minutes, making better use of their possession.

The second half saw Arsenal resort more towards long shots and hardly any of them troubled Isaksson in goal. In the 79th minute, Amr Zaki (who came on for Ranger), opened the scoring for Newcastle with a sublime finish into the bottom corner when he latched onto a pass from Cabaye, twisted past Mertesacker and coolly finished it. 1-0 to the Toon and I was delighted!

For the next ten minutes, we frustrated Arsenal into committing fouls and we made them take even more long shots. And finally, we won 1-0 much to our delight.

Carling Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United
(Malouda 1' Kalou 77')

We were lucky not to have been humiliated at Stamford Bridge. I was furious with the boys for just surrendering meekly and not even putting up a half-decent fight. The situation was even worse considering Chelsea played like three reserve team players in their team and five including the subs. The Arsenal match had given us over confidence and now we were let down by our own selves. No one but us to blame.

We're disappointed to be out of the Carling Cup as this was one competition I felt we could win. But anyway, we have more time now to concentrate on the Premier League and the FA Cup that's going to come up from January.

EPL Table

Still sitting comfortably in sixth position there. I'm feeling quite satisfied about it especially after a disastrous last season for the club. I hope that we keep going this way. But I really feel we could have done better had we taken three points off Villa. The League Cup exit was disappointing but maybe it's for good as it gives our players one less competition to focus on.

Mass Sacking in Bundesliga!

In a day of remarkable events in Germany, Schalke, Stuttgart and Hamburg SV have sacked their respective managers for lack of performance. So far, no word has been received from the three clubs on possible replacements but it is likely that Newcastle United manager Peter Johnson remains the favourite to take over at either Schalke or Stuttgart with the latter seeming the more likely destination.

On reaching Mr. Johnson, he said, "Yes, I have heard of the news myself. But I have nothing to say at this moment. Schalke and Stuttgart are big clubs and especially so with the latter seeing that they are in the Champions League too, but nothing is final just as yet."

Other favourites for the job include Mainz manager Thomas Tuchel and Everton's David Moyes.

We Have Approached Mr. Johnson: Stuttgart President Gerd Mauser

Stuttgart President Gerd Mauser today admitted that Newcastle manager Peter Johnson has been approached to become the German club's next manager. He felt that Johnson had all the qualities to become a world class manager.

Meanwhile, Peter Johnson was unavailable for comment. Sources close to him reckon that he would be interested in managing Stuttgart although they admit that nothing is certain yet, especially with Schalke still undecided on him.

QUESTION

Should I take over at Stuttgart? Or Should I not?

Just finished reading and looking good, well done on winning the Euro's
wil be interested to see if you take a new job

Really sorry guys, I won't be able to continue the story as for some reason, my game keeps crashing when I try to progress beyond November 5th. Thank you so much for following it so far! I'm sure I'll be starting a new game soon and I really hope you will be following that! :)

Sorry and thank you once again!

Back