English domination in CL. Good or bad?

bassface

Banned
Reaction score
How to people feel about this cos im in 2 minds really.

On one hand im getting bored with the same ol semi situation with at least 1 english team being in the final, we've had 1 for the past 5 years, and the whole chelsea vs liverpool saga is getting boring although the 4-4 was immesne.

it is nice knowing that all the top 4 are in the semis but wouldnt you rather a barca vs man utd and a bayern vs inter semi would be more exciting i think.

would you put it down to money even though madrid, inter etc etc have a lott more to spend than say arsenal, liverpool when there not in the semis,
or just luck of the draw as say arsenal had an easy tie with villereal playing the 1st leg away giving them a slight advantage knowing that it is hard to beat arsenal at the emirates.

Or would you put it down to a 3/4rs of the forign stars play in the prem, so a lott of people would argue that there really isnt english teams there its a mixture of spain, portugal, france and italy playing.

I say this as i was reading the sun today and they did a thing about how the victorians help spread football around the world and they struggled to name 11 english players who will feature in the semis 11 being jack wilshere who will be lucky to make the bench the team was pretty cack tbh.

Anyways i'll let you decide if its good or bad for a lott of reasons, take in mind entertainment value, fairness, money, players, forign bias etc etc cos i really cant decide if i even care about it any more, cos i wont be giving 2 flying fooks about chelsea vs barca only the manure - arsenal game only cos i support arsenal otherwise i dont think i would give a **** about the cl

i support man utd so i think it is a good thing. we should enjoy it while it lasts. if platini gets his way the only teams from england allowed in europe will be fulham, wigan and west ham. also if blatter gets his way arsenal may well drop into the conference. why do fifa and uefa hate england we invented the sport.

i can't believe the champions league final is still in rome what do the greasy italians have to do actually murder an english fan. if it was an english team we would be banned for 20 years.

I think since the middle 90's, when really really big money entered football we've seen a spanish and italian domination, now an english, I think it will go by periods of time, one more dominated by italy, another by spain, another by england and so on, what is true is that it will remain between those three leagues, besides the notatallsooften odd win (oporto). The thing is today the top4 are all competitive in CL, only two in psain and italy is a disaster, and so is bayern, once bayern and milan get on their feet aagin it will be more mixed.
So I'd say neither bad or good, the teams thatd deserve to be there are there, that's pretty much what football is about.

You will feel so bad if that actually happens :p

thing is if that actually happened in this day an age uefa would have to ban all english clubs from europe in the fear that 1 gets drawn against an italian club it will kick off. Ive heard tales from the terraces at the emirates from old skool people who shall not be named ;) that in the past when a forign ultra hoolie or woteva has taken liberties abroad and stabbed, hospitalised an english fan, you have enemies from england such as the yids, icf etc etc travelling abroad (only a few mind you/) to get a bit of revenge or even turn up on the tubes in london town waiting for anyone who looks like a forign football fan. Its not all about club loyalty some times its national pride load of bollocks really **** the italians love them to walk round the estates in ldn with scraves wrapped their boat haha that would be a laugh

thing is they had this whole thing on your on sky sports when a gooner got stabbed in rome in the ****, and it came down to basically roma wont be in the final so it dont matter but nether the less the ultras with the scarves round their boat will still turn up, but the whole world will be watching so the itlian government wouldnt want trouble i expect the ultras may be locked up before the game untill english fans have left the country so there is no bad publicity

I can understand you feel bad about being banned or so, but nobody can accept what the hooligans did, they are savages and they don't deserve to go watch football. Doesn't mean there aren't savages in other places, all that I am saying is that maybe at a certain point hooliganism in great britain had gone one step too far, I don't think it's a conspiration theory since if there ever was one, english clubs would be banned now, and why would english clubs be banned? UEFA makes money no matter what.
Maybe it was a wrong decision because clubs don't have to suffer their supporters, but they have the obligation of guranteeing security. Hence why the hundreds of cops now at each game. Makes one wonder who's worst.

Its a hard thing to talk about cos the fans are as bad as the police in some countries i.e when they battered man utd fans last year (i was slighty happy about that, but i understand half of the fans were doing no wrong so it isnt justified)

Course they wouldnt ban english teams was a bit of a stupid thing to say really, its just if uefa and the foreign police don't sort things out with their vendetta against english fans we will see the return of english fans storming across europe smahing everyone and everything up which i dont particualry want to see as it put a dark cloud over the english game.

They have done a good job of calming down the hooligan elimant in english football, but i know for a fact it still happens its still rife but not on the extent it was in the 80s/90s. its mainly rife with lower league teams like cardiff, leeds, millwall, birmingham etc etc where they dont get into the spot light much. Like i went to cardiff vs arsenal at ninain park and the welsh wankas tried storming our end and the finish of course we had none of it and fair play to the filth who kept it under control

Let's face it Liverpool deserve to be in the Semi's more than any Arsenal or Chelsea team...Although respect to Man Utd after their win against Porto. What a goal!

Let's face it Liverpool deserve to be in the Semi's more than any Arsenal or Chelsea team...Although respect to Man Utd after their win against Porto. What a goal!

Not really arsenal over came villareal fair and sqaure and chelsea overcam liverpool so obvioulsy they deserve it more but not taking anything away from liverpool they were immense i personally wouldnt of liked to get liverpool in CL its their competition and always perform well.

Ronaldos goal all i can say is goal of the CL unless messi performs sum magic spins up chelseas entire team to take it round cech and slot it in which in all fairness is a possibility

Arsenal definately deserve to be in the semis they got their away goal and hammered villareal at home, i think porto deserve to be in the semis with their first leg performance

The english dominance is a good thing but i think it will fade because some of the clubs are in such debt they'll probably end up in administration

we should enjoy the english domination while it lasts. Godd to see clubs up there but it will end eventually

I think it would be a great thing to show that english teams can really prove somthing but as you say the sides are made up of mainly foreign players. So it is hard to feel any real english pride in the players playing in the semi finals.

take arsenal for example we have many young english players but many of them are not given a chance and break into the first time and there only real chance of getting some pitch time in the carling cup.

what a muppet! why do liverpool deserve to be there more than arsenal or chelsea u had you chance and blew get over yourself! as for ronaldos goal keeper error if you can`t stop a shoot from 40 yards why put on the gloves!

what a muppet! why do liverpool deserve to be there more than arsenal or chelsea u had you chance and blew get over yourself! as for ronaldos goal keeper error if you can`t stop a shoot from 40 yards why put on the gloves!

To be fair if van persie scored that goal you would've knocked 1 out over it as much as i want ronaldo to break his knee and end his career that was a quality goal

brilliant thing

would be a different story if it was spain or any1 else dominating, we got the best league in the world with the best teams, quit cryin about it (not you personally, but people in general) and try 2 be better than us

Really, Liverpool are the better team and had Liverpool been drawn with Villarreal I am sure we easily overcome them.Would Arsenal of beaten Chelsea? I don't think so....

Really, Liverpool are the better team and had Liverpool been drawn with Villarreal I am sure we easily overcome them.Would Arsenal of beaten Chelsea? I don't think so....

you lost your out simples! theres always next year! :'(