English Football Commentary

Should English Commentators be more passionate and exciting with there commentary?

• Total voters

pebleco

Reaction score

There are amazing people in English Football and are now the voices of Britain. For example Andy Gray, John Motson, Guy Mowbray,Johnathan Pearce and Clive Tyldesley.

But i was watching some highlights from Barcelona on youtube and realised how much more passion and excitement there is in overseas football.

So my question to you is, 'Should English Commentators be more passionate and exciting with there commentary?'

Spanish
YouTube- messi vs. getafe

English
YouTube- Lionel Messi Goal vs Getafe - English Commentary HQ HD

Last edited:
dont see much difference tbh apart from the ggooooooooaaaaaaaallllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both commentators voices got louder an talked faster

Last edited:
There are amazing people in Scotland such as Frankie Boyle, Billy Connely, Gerard Butler, Ally McCoist, Alan Hansen, Paulo Nutini.

So my answer to you is that English commentators should try being born North of the border.

Oh and Andy Gray's Scottish, IDIOT.

Peace.

Lewis, I can tell your Lewispaz because you called someone an idiot the other week for making a basic mistake, yet you've done it again. You can just say he's Scottish not English, and if you need to add anything further put an XD or something, not idiot.

Can't tell much difference, if I were Spanish I might of heard the commentator saying and thats brilliant skill by Messi, just like the English one.

I've changed it to Britain now, sorry about the mix-up. To be honest the videos aren't really the best of examples but just thinking back to passionate Spanish commentators and sometimes dull British commentators , would you rather them be more exciting?

No, it says voices in British football.

Give him a break. It's hardly a huge mistake.

I think Spanish commentary is better, they were all proud and excited of what messi did, i know the difference since I speak both Languages and i preferred the Spanish more passion into it

Yes but it says amzing voices in english football which would be wrong ;)

The title isn't wrong because it is in English Football not Scottish or Welsh or Irish. And whatever nationality they are, they commentate in English Football.

Arabic commentators are even more passionate. It's almost like they're insane.

Example
YouTube- FUNNY INSANE CRAZY COMMENTATORS

And yes, English commentary is horribly dull. Try watchinig Beckham's freekick goal against Greece in the last minute that sent England to the World Cup. I can't even feel any passion from the commentator.

Arabic is the best, i live in Egypt, and its amazing to hear them commentator its like they will kill them sell from if it doesnt happen, only bad thing is.... they have slow reactions :p

There is difference no doubt,but nothing major I feel

To compare David Beckhams one with the Spanish one.......the vids speak for themselves

dennis bergkamp, dennis bergkamp, dennis bergkamp, dennis bergkamp, dennis bergkamp, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I think many commentators in Britain are extremely biased in matches, especially in the FA cup. The only one I really like is John Motson. I can't stand Martin Tyler or Clive Tyldesley. I am sure there are plenty of biased commentators in other nations though.

There are amazing people in Scotland such as Frankie Boyle, Billy Connely, Gerard Butler, Ally McCoist, Alan Hansen, Paulo Nutini.

So my answer to you is that English commentators should try being born North of the border.

Oh and Andy Gray's Scottish, IDIOT.

Peace.

Yeah but you don't see him commentating on scottish games do you?