English Football Commentary

Should English Commentators be more passionate and exciting with there commentary?

• Total voters
John Motson is the best commentator still around. The one on the David Beckham goal sounds totally bored.

Personally I like my commentators to simply commentate on the actions taking place. I don't want interpretations, I don't want bias, I don't want opinions, I don't want their unqualified psychological analysis (they look down, shackles are off etc), I don't want uneducated tactical analysis, I don't wan't xenophobic comments.

Personally I like my commentators to simply commentate on the actions taking place. I don't want interpretations, I don't want bias, I don't want opinions, I don't want their unqualified psychological analysis (they look down, shackles are off etc), I don't want uneducated tactical analysis, I don't wan't xenophobic comments.
this i dont want sycophantic patronising **** from the likes of tyldesley. just tell me whats going on, and if you do actually know your stuff, maybe some tactical analysis

this i dont want sycophantic patronising **** from the likes of tyldesley. just tell me whats going on, and if you do actually know your stuff, maybe some tactical analysis

Agreed :), Clive tyldesley always tries to find some philosophical way of saying a simple thing.

Does "uneducated tactical analysis" cover the constant stating of the obvious we hear often?

I prefer Motson, Steve Banyard and Ian Darke

Oh, Chinese and Arabic commentators are the best! XD they go absolutely mental

yer they should most of the absolutely bore me to death.

saying that i love listening to Jason Cundy on ChelseaTV. i think its better if the commentators are fans of the club you are watching because they share your passion.

saying that i love listening to Jason Cundy on ChelseaTV. i think its better if the commentators are fans of the club you are watching because they share your passion.

Oh, I am glad yours is good. On LFCTV he sounds like a fat middle aged man who dosent have a fking clue what hes watching.

My favorite commentator is Archie Macpherson his voice is legendry

Oh, I am glad yours is good. On LFCTV he sounds like a fat middle aged man who dosent have a fking clue what hes watching.

ah thats a shame mate, makes you wanna do the job yourself dosen't it.

Yes, He often stutters before a players name as well because he doesn't know them.. He isn't even from Liverpool

Andy Gray is one the most biased commentators out there when everton or villa are on sky and he's commintating on the game he doesn't give about the other team and favours everton or villa

Yeah the LFCTV guys are boring. Sometimes I wonder if they're commentating live or not. The other day Gerrard scored a wonder goal and the guy was like "oh, great goal from the captain"... There's no beatin Andy Gray's "OHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTTYYYYY, WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!"

Which country has the best commentators?

I was just wondering which country you reckon has the best commentators. If you have never heard foreign commentary this might help you :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prGwgU8BMyo&feature=related"]YouTube- Who made the best commentator?[/ame]