Thought I would give some back ground to the story. I choose to play as Oxford Utd in league two ( I like to get a small team to win CL and this is who i always pick)

I managed to have two successive promotions using my own selection of tactics and stopped playing the game for a while. I picked up my save about 4 weeks ago and was being murdered in the championship - the patch had a negative effect to the three different tactics i had created. Being lazy i came on here and thought i would try out this tactic and it has worked pretty well.

Having a small budget is difficult, but i have managed to get a couple of key players for some of the positions. I seemed to be letting in lots of goals via crosses so found a decent defender with high heading stats. I now let usually no more than one goal.
The stats for each game are always in my favor - high possession and shots, however i don't ALWAYS win.
So currently in the 17/18 season I have won the JP trophy and have secured my place in the play offs and confident (famous last words) I will gain promotion into the Championship.

I guess to go through the season playing to perfection I will need to find players that are 100% suited to the role they are playing. My Box to box midfielders aren't too good in that role and it would be better with higher long shot stats.

just wanted to say thanks to the creator (im to lazy to go back and look at your name) for a sweet tactic.

e26134a6cabeed0b8a73bbc90cbb5429.png

hey Ilthalas. Great tactic. Qualified for CL with Crystal Palace when i switched tactics towards the end of my third season. Right now, I'm having some problems. My strikers are not scoring as much as they should be. I just brought in Berardi and I have Lacazette and Ponce as my back up strikers. Could you give me an idea as to whom I should bring in as replacement strikers if things dont work out with Berardi all the way through this season? Or specific important stats that I should be looking out for when I'm looking for a striker? Berardi has 15 for strength and is 186cm in height. Lacazette is shorter though. 175cm. Thanks mate.

hey Ilthalas. Great tactic. Qualified for CL with Crystal Palace when i switched tactics towards the end of my third season. Right now, I'm having some problems. My strikers are not scoring as much as they should be. I just brought in Berardi and I have Lacazette and Ponce as my back up strikers. Could you give me an idea as to whom I should bring in as replacement strikers if things dont work out with Berardi all the way through this season? Or specific important stats that I should be looking out for when I'm looking for a striker? Berardi has 15 for strength and is 186cm in height. Lacazette is shorter though. 175cm. Thanks mate.

Hey Nikkaez, I think Berardi should be perfectly suitable for the tactic; if not scoring much maybe you should just give him some time to adapt.
I played with Galatasaray, Ajax, Barca, C.Palace, Dortmund with this tactic and Burak Yılmaz, Suarez, Chamakh, Zivkovic and İmmobile all performed perfectly.
In Barca, I had to play Messi for first few games; he also had a good ratio, cause he is Messi :) But in fact he was wasting a lot of chances when striker, when Suarez was able to play, my scoring ratio per match got much higher.
In short 180-85ish players but with also good pace are performing better.

Unbelievable.

Mate, this is by far the MOST consistent tactic I've used on this 15.3.2 patch. Hands down, definitely the best tactic in my opinion. ****, I created an account just to ask you about this tactic cause my strikers weren't scoring. Berardi has started scoring though. I have the best defence in the entire league. Here are a couple of screenshots.

Followed your advice with regards to the strikers stats and managed to take a risk on Ramon Arce of 13 million after selling Lacazette to Monaco for 30 million. Well paid off as you can see.

Used this formation the entire season, went on holidays for the Capital Cup cause it's just pointless to even partake in that competition. Lost to PSG at the start of the season but that was because the tactic wasn't fluid. I hadn't set the training and match prep to what was required.

View attachment 278272View attachment 278276View attachment 278275

This is a decent tactic, you will keep a lot of possession and create more chances than the opposition, the only downsides are:

- Your AMC never tends to get decent rating
- Your Striker won't score a lot of goals
- You won't create many CCC's

Hey everyone,

I finally managed to make a tactic for myself to enjoy FM again after 15.3 :)

Tactic is very solid, good scoring and a joy to watch. You will get very few bookings, team plays very clean most of the time.

Your striker will score most and you will need a striker like Suarez, Burak Yılmaz or Chamakh; it did not work well with small fast strikers.

And I noticed when I do not use team talk at the start of a match, it is working better. I think team talk complicates things. So no team talk, do not let assistant do either. I just make a team talk when team is having a draw or losing at half time. it is aggresive (unhappy) for team, and assertive (have faith) for individual talks. This talks help me turn te match %80-90 of the time.

I am not sure if it has a relation with results, but my training is fitness and teamwork.

View attachment 802807View attachment 802809View attachment 802828View attachment 802831

View attachment 802833View attachment 802836View attachment 802837

and my current save with galatasaray:

View attachment 802840View attachment 802843View attachment 802845View attachment 802850

I hope work for you as well. Good gaming everyone.

***Please see page 2 as well; there is a contain version of the tactic posted there; it is giving much more consistent results.

wooow nice tactic
o.png

o.png

This is a decent tactic, you will keep a lot of possession and create more chances than the opposition, the only downsides are:

- Your AMC never tends to get decent rating
- Your Striker won't score a lot of goals
- You won't create many CCC's

That's weird, my strikers score most of my goals. But i guess he has to be good in dribbling and finishing.

I have used this tactic for 3/4 seasons with decent success, as previously mentioned.

Currently Oxford in the Prem and EURO Cup.

The striker will score goals as long as he has high stats for advanced forward, mainly dribbling finishing and headers.

Ive noticed that the team becomes too reliant on the box to box midfielders scoring long range goals. Something else of note, the striker may be getting high amount of assists for these - of they are decent passers of the ball.

Still enjoying the tactic, it is however very reliant on having good players for the roles you are putting them into. square pegs in round holes doesnt seem to work too well.

hey I'm a little late to the party, you said your training is fitness and teamwork, however on your screenshots it is showing match tactics still in december? what training are you using? i normally use balanced and teamwork at 30% will this still work, also what instructions do you give your assistant manager?