CJACKO11

Reaction score

SKYSPORTS BREAKING NEWS: Sensationly only after a year in charge of Chelsea Carlo Ancelotti has left stating the main reason for his departure is the lack of decent Italian resturants in London. Being a food man he said he was dissapointed with the quality of the food and that food was a big part of his life. We believe that he will move back to his home town of Reggiolo which is a farming town to enjoy a quiet life until he is ready to return to the game. Ancelotti had a very successful one year with Chelsea winning the FA Cup and Premier League double and the Community Shield, many beleive he will seek a job in his native Italy next.

Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovich has moved fast to name a succesor and have raised many eyebrows in his choice. Erland Johnson is the man he has chosen to take the club forward in a bid to win back many of the hardcore long term Chelsea fans.

Not a name known to many Norwiegan centre back Johnson played for Chelsea for 8 years between 1989 to 1997 playing 136 games and scoring 1 goal. He was named the clubs player of the year in 1995 and left after the club won the FA Cup in 1997 returning to his native Norway to play for Rosenborg.

He retired from playing in 1999 with Stromsgodset and stayed on as a coach and assistant until 2002 when he then took a managers job at Moss for a season and then had 3 years at Follo. But now he returns to Chelsea hoping to make his breakthrough as a top manager.

Johnson said he is estatic at being given the chance to manage a top club like Chelsea and hoped he could bring success to Stamford Bridge for a long time to come. He also stated that he would add a few additions to the side and appoint first team coach Paul Clement as his assistant.

Last edited:
Chelsea make player and staff signings

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

New Chelsea boss Erland Johnson has added to his Chelsea squad by signing 3 up and coming youngsters. 20 year old Mirejem Pjanic has joined the blues from French giants Lyon for a reported fee of 15million adding more competition for places in the midfield.​

Johnson then went on to seal a 15million pound deal for Newcastle's battling ram Andy Carroll. Carroll will look to put pressure on aging Chelsea strikers Anelka and Drogba this season who are 31 and 32 respectivly.​

Johnson wasn't finished there, he also signed Hull City's young midfielder Tom Cairney for around 2.5 million pound. Although the 19 year old has signed for Chelsea he has been loaned out to Championship side Reading for 6 months to get first team football.​

Johnson has also re-shaped his playing staff at Stamford Bridge by sacking Giovanni Mauri and Matt Birnie. Coming in to replace them are former Man Utd youth coach Paul McGuinnes as a first team coach and from Internacional Fabio Mahseredjian as a fitness coach. Also joining the blues as coaches are Franco Baldini and Andy Renshaw as Johnson's Chelsea starts to take shape.​

Last edited:
Chelsea transfer update

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

As the transfer window is now shut we will take a look at the players who left Chelsea this month as Johnson looks to shape his Chelsea team.​

Only 2 players left Chelsea on a perminant basis in the window with 3rd choice goalkeeper Hilario moving to Spanish giants Sevilla for around 1million. The 2nd and last player to leave was 19 year old Jacob Mellis who joined Premier League side Blackburn Rovers for a fee beleived to be around 400k.​

Johnson's main strategy was to loan out some of the young talent coming through at Chelsea at the moment. Fabio Borini, Michael Woods and Gokhan Tore all joined Chelsea's new feeder club Sheffield Wednesday in League 1.​

England U19 midfielder Josh McEachran has been loaned out to League 1 side Walsall for 6 months and Italian midfielder Jacopo Sala has joined League 2 side Gillingham for the same period.​

Two of Chelsea's possible future stars have dropped down only one league to play in the npower Championship, left back Patrick van Aanholt has joined Ipswich Town and Gael Kakuta has joined cash strapped Crystal Palace.​

Pre-season and Community Shield.

ChelseaFC_Header.gif

Pre-season was a busy time for the club as we played 7 games in 21 days. New boss Johnson wanted to take a back seat from friendlys to get a better overview of the team so he put Assistant manager Paul Clement in full charge. Pre-season started with a game against our reserves, here is a reminder of how we got on.​

A lot of positives for Johnson to take in but he still wasn't happy with some of the score-lines and vowed to make sure Chelsea made no slip ups this season.​

Effectivly the first game of the season for Chelsea was against Manchester United in the Community Shield. Called the curtain raiser for the new PremierLeague season both teams would have liked to take this impressive shield home with them. Recent Chelsea managers have been successful and luckly Johnson didn't have to wait long to get his first trophy as Chelsea manager, we hope to see more this season.​

Last edited:
August review.

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

A new section SkySports have introduced this season is a month by month review of every club in the Premier League. We will look back at the teams results and league position at the end of every month.​

Chelsea's first game of the season took them to the DW stadium to play Roberto Martinez's Wigan. A early goal from Nicolas Anelka was enough to seal 3 points for Johnson's men, a good result considering they lost 3-1 here last season.
View attachment 124101

Chelsea's next opponents took them to Wolves's Molineux stadium in a game they won 2-0 last season with both goals from Didier Drogba. The scoreline was the same but a double from Frank Lampard sealed a 2-0 win for Chelsea giving them 6 points from a possible 6.
View attachment 124102

Chelsea's home game and first London derby of the season saw former Chelsea manager Avram Grant take his West Ham side to SW6. Last seasons fixture saw Chelsea run out 4-1 winners with a memorable goal from ex blue Scott Parker. Chelsea dropped 2 points today when ex Chelsea player Scott Parker scored a 90th minute equaliser to earn West Ham a unlikely point.
View attachment 124103

Last edited:
Chelsea September review

September saw a month of mostly highs for Chelsea manager Johnson but one low in the Champions League.​

Chelsea's first game of September was a huge London derby at Stamford bridge against fierce rivals Tottenham. One man stood out today as Chelsea's Mr reliable Frank Lampard hit a hat-rick against his uncles side.
View attachment 124110

Chelsea kick started their Champions League campain with a tough trip to Denmark to face Kobenhavn. Chelsea rode their luck and once again Frank Lampard stood up to the mark with a last minute winner for Johnson's side
View attachment 124111

Back to the Premier League and next up was Gerard Houlier's Aston Villa. Before the game Houlier stated that he thought Johnson's Chelsea was a dead cert for the Premier League title this season. A goal each half was enough for Chelsea to secure a 2-0 win at Villa Park which in the past has been a very tough ground for Chelsea. Frank Lampard opened the scoring from the spot and Yossi Benayoun scored his first goal in blue to seal an excellent victory for Johnson's men.
View attachment 124112

Carling Cup action now and Stoke were the side travelling to Stamford Bridge in the 3rd round. A much changed Chelsea side managed to win 4-0 with 2 goals from new signing Andy Carroll.
View attachment 124113

After securing a place in the 4th round of the Carling cup it was back to Premier League action for Chelsea and welcome Bolton to the Bridge. Chelsea ran out 2-0 winners with 2 second half goals, the first from Malouda and the second from Brazilian defender Alex
View attachment 124114

Back to Champions League action for the Blues as they welcomed AS Roma to London. A late Guillermo Burdisso goal gave Roma an excellent 1-0 at Stamford Bridge handing manager Johnson his first Chelsea defeat.
View attachment 124115
After the game Johnson said he was dissapointed with the lack of finishing and hoped the team would put it right sooner rather than later.​

Here is the league table at the end of September.
View attachment 124117

Viveash out Jones in

ChelseaFC_Header.gif

View attachment 124150

Chelsea Football Club can today announce the departure of coach Adrian Viveash. Viveash leaves the club as Johnson looks to reshape his backroom staff some more. Chelsea Football Club would like to wish Adrian luck in his future and thanked him for all the hard work he had done.

View attachment 124151

Hours after Viveash's departure Chelsea confirmed his replacement, American Football legend Cobi Jones has joined Johnson's coaching staff and will join up immediatly. Jones played 164 times for U.S.A and played most of his carear at LA Galaxy. Jones had a year at Coventry in 1994 so English football is nothing new to him.​

Chelsea's October review

October was a indifferent month for Chelsea in the Premier League as they only took 5 points from a possible 12 available.​

The month started very well for Johnson's men with a 6-1 demolition of Blackpool at Stamford Bridge. Frank Lampard chipping in with 2 goals taking his season tally to 10 already.
View attachment 124168

After an excellent win against Blackpool Chelsea then faced a tough trip to Everton where a late Leon Osman header gave Everton an undeserved victory.
View attachment 124169

Next stop was FC Twente and a break from Premier League football for Chelsea. The Blues ran out 3-1 winners with Anelka getting a brace and Ramires scoring his first goal for the club.
View attachment 124170

Arguably Johnson's biggest game in charge of Chelsea yet, a home game against title rivals Man Utd. Although the home side had most of the chances Vidic gave Utd a lead on the stroke of half time. Utd couldn't hold on and in the last minute of the game Florent Malouda earned Chelsea a well deserved point. Manager Johnson said he thought the side deserved all 3 points and was dissapointed.
View attachment 124171

Carling Cup 4th round next for Chelsea and another home tie against smaller opponents. Championship side Leeds United came to Stamford Bridge and although Luciano Becchio cancelled out Andy Carroll's opener Chelsea still went on to win 3-1 and book their place in the quarter finals.
View attachment 124172

A tough trip to the Stadium of Light next for Chelsea to face Sunderland. Chelsea led 2-0 with only 15 minutes left to play when Darren Bent scored 2 goals in two minutes to earn Sunderland a massive point. Manager Johnson said he was angry with the sides performance and let them know that. "We can't make any more slip ups like that if we want to win the Premier League" he said.
View attachment 124173

After a poor October Chelsea slide down the league to 4th., here is the full Premier League table at the end of October.
View attachment 124175

Liking the layout mate.

Perhaps a bit more detail in the match reports and you could have a top class story here.

Good luck.

Good start, but yeah what Frank said. :)

Chelsea agree deal to sign 2 youngsters

View attachment 124189 View attachment 124190

BBC Sport can confirm that Chelsea manager Erland Johnson is set to bring in two new names both are currently 16 years of age. Diego full name Diego Llabres who currently plies his trade at Spanish side Gimnastic will join Chelsea in January for a reported 1million pound. The Spanish youngster can play anywhere in midfield and even more advanced.

The second of the lads goes by the name of Marcelo Ferreira, he currently plays in Argentina for Colon and will join Chelsea once he turns 18 in the summer transfer window in 2012. The Argentine can play either side of midfield and has been likened to be the next Andres D'Alessandro.

Chelsea manager Erland Johnson said he was pleased to get these deals done so quickly and hoped they would play a big part in Chelsea's future. "We are always looking for ways to improve the squad, for now and for the future" Erland said.​

Chelsea's November review

A busy month for Johnson's side as his team played 8 games in November. The Blues won 5, lost 1 and drawing 2. Here is a breakdown of their games in the month of November.​

The first game of the month was a trip to Dutch side FC Twente in their 4th group game in the Champions League. In a game where both teams led at one point of the match Chelsea will feel robbed of 2 points as they let in a late goal once again. Cameron's strike put FC Twente 1-0 up at the half way mark but Chelsea rallyed back to with goals from Malouda and Ashley Cole. Chelsea had 7 minutes of normal time to hang on but couldnt' Janko's strike in the last minute of the game made sure Twente had a share of the spoils. Chelsea manager Johnson said "yet again we let ourself down in the last minute of the game, its getting tiring now we have to learn".
View attachment 124314

Chelsea legend Roberto Di Matteo was the next man to take his side to Stamford Bridge as West Brom looked to cause an upset. In a game Chelsea dominated they failed to take any chances and West Brom stunned the Stamford Bridge faithful as a Jonas Olsson goal gave Di Matteo's side a 1-0 lead at half time. Johnson's team made a huge improvement in the 2nd half and manged to edge the game out 2-1 winners. Goals from Alex and Carroll was enough to earn Chelsea 3 points. Manager Johnson said the performance was much better in the 2nd half, "we need to start taking our chances" Johnson said.
View attachment 124315

Stoke away, always a tough game for any side as Chelsea found out. This game just shows you that it dosen't matter how many chances you have if you don't take them then you will be punished. Frank Lampard scored to put Johnson's men 1-0 up after 30minutes only for Ricardo Fuller to score Stoke's only shot of the game just before half time. The game ended 1-1 and Johnson stated again that his side needs to be more clinical.
View attachment 124316

Arsenal next up for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and if there's one thing we know about this fixture its that Didier Drogba will score even if he was out out form. It took the Ivorian 10 minutes to open the scoring only for Van Persie to bring Arsenal level 10 minutes later. Chelsea needed a spark and it came on 66 minutes when Andy Carroll pounced on a through ball from Drogba to finish excellently to give Johnson's side a massive 3 points. Johnson said he hoped this would kick start Chelsea's season.
View attachment 124317

This was always going to be a tough game away at Birmingham and it proved to be. Serbian beanpole Zigic recieved a stright red after 20minutes after a two footed lunge but worst was to come. Frenchman Anelka won a penalty in the 88th minute and with regular penalty taker Lampard having a rest Alex stood up and sent Foster the wrong way to give Chelsea all 3 points. Johnson was very happy with the display and said it was a massive 3 points.
View attachment 124318

Kobenhavn at home should be a home banker for Chelsea but ended in failure for the Blues. Chelsea dominated the game yet again but faileld to find the net, Kobenhavn forward N'Doye beat Chelsea captain Terry for pace and smashed a low drive past Cech. The Danish side ran out 1-0 winners at Stamford Bridge and Johnson was dissapointed as Chelsea had a chance to book their place in the knockout stages.
View attachment 124319

A change of formation for Chelsea boss Johnson as he went with a 4-2-3-1 to try a different approach after the loss in midweek. Blackburn would prove to be tough oppnents as N'Zonzi cancelled out a Kalou opener on 55 minutes. Chelsea had to win the game and it was made harder on 63 minutes when Kalinic got through on goal only to be bought down by captain John Terry who was shown a straight red card. Chelsea threw caution to the wind and got their rewards when Drogba headed in a Bosingwa cross too put the Blues 2-1 up. This time them managed to hang onto the win and it made Johnson very pleased "We deserved the win today and im glad we got it" the Norweigan said.
View attachment 124320

League cup quartar final now and a very tough trip to Owen Coyles Bolton for Johnson's men. It was a game of chess really as every time Chelsea scored Bolton brang it back and at 2-2 at half time Johnson knew the 2nd half would be tougher. 15 minutes from time Chelsea's Serbian defender Branislav Ivanvic nodded in to send Johnson's side through to the semi-final of the cup. After the game Johnson said "i am so happy we managed to get through this, Botlon made it so hard today and deserve credit but i am very pleased".
View attachment 124321

Fourfourtwo meet Chelsea boss Erland Johnson

FourFourTwoHeader.png

3027814103_b5509faa08.jpg

After being back at the club where he made his name Erland Johnson has enjoyed a steady start back at Chelsea. We caught up with the former Norwiegan international to ask him how he felt about being back at Stamford Bridge and how different the club is today​

Erland how suprised were you that Roman gave you the chance to be manager here?
I was very suprised when i got the call i must admit. Even now i realise how lucky i am to be given this chance and i hope i can prove to Mr Abramovich and the Chelsea fans what i can do.​

How did you hear Mr Abramovich wanted you as his manager?
I was commentating on the World cup for a Norwiegan channel during the Holland - Brazil game. Obviously because im proffesional my phone was off but when i turned my phone on i had over 20 missed calls from people. I had a voicemail from a secretary at Chelsea asking if i would like to come in for a interview and i just thought it was for a coaching role. By the time i got to England Ancelotti had left Chelsea but i still didnt beleive that was the role they wanted me for.​

What was your reaction once you found out they wanted you as manager?
I looked at my calender to see if it was April because i didn't believe it. I met with Roman and he said he wanted a fans player and as soon as he said that i said yes.​

You played here for years and now your back as manager, what has changed?
Absolutely everything! The stadium is bigger, the club shop is bigger, we have new dressing rooms, and a new training ground which i believe is the best in the world. The only thing that keeps this club the same is the supporters for me, everything else is new and exciting.​

Carlo Ancelotti was very successful in his only year here, does this make your job harder?
Not really because the winning mentallity Carlo left here is still in the team. Carlo done an excellent job in just one season here winning the double and i hope i can carry on the success with these players.​

2 major signings in the summer with Pjanic and Carroll, did you always want these two.
Yes, from day one i said to Roman i want these two players if you can get them for me. Roman has been excellent to me since i have arrived and i can't thank him enough for getting these two players.​

A decent start but do you agree their is room for improvement?
Yes without a dout, i am happy with my side but we have stuff we need to learn if we are to be successful this season. The main issue is seeing games out and being more clynical but we will work on that.​

Interviewer - Carl Jackson - Sports Editor.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

3027814103_b5509faa08.jpg

Chelsea boss Erland Johnson has won the November award for manager of the month. The Blues were unbeaten in November winning 4 of their 5 league games the best coming in a 2-1 home win against rivals Arsenal. Johnson in his first managerial season at Chelsea has enjoyed a steady start and this is the 2nd time he has won this award this season also collecting it in September.​

Sean Fry named new Leyton Orient manager????

View attachment 124384 View attachment 124383

Goal.com can reviel that League 1 side Leyton Orient have replaced former manager Russell Slade with an unknown man.

Sean Fry is the man being given the job to try and keep Orient up as they lie 20th in the table. The Louth born man is said to be a very outspoken man that likes to play the odd Fergie mind game trick.​

Im a Chelsea fan so enjoying this. Erland was a decent defender and manager it seems :p