ESPN Journo picks a EPL Team

John

Resident God
Reaction score
Clicky

Its pretty amusing in parts, especially how he describes Spurs at one point as the Fredo of the London Clubs.
But it has a few other decent references, and a very happy and wise ending. :D

Also a few corrections he made incase it bugs you.

You knew I'd have some screw-ups in Wednesday's starting-from-scratch column about the English Premier League. Here were the biggies:

• Tottenham Hotspur's nickname is "Spurs," not "the Spurs." Nobody ever calls them "the Spurs." Unless you want to be a ******. Along those same lines, the term "EPL" is never used. Only "Premier League."

• Liverpool's main rivals are Everton and Manchester United.

• Newscastle is now sponsored by Northern Rock.

• Celeb update: Jay-Z is an Arsenal fan and James Lipton is a Spurs fan.

• Arsenal did win the Premier League in 1998 and 2002. Not sure how I screwed that up.

• The LeBron comparison for Theo Walcott didn't work -- Walcott hasn't played a single minute yet.

• Amazingly, I forgot to mention that Tottenham Hotspur's emblem is a **** and a ball.

• In my Godather/London analogy about the Premier League, Chelsea should have been Sonny, not Manchester United. Just a brainfart on my part.

• Multiple readers agree that Highbury (Arsenal's stadium) is more like Wrigley than Fenway.

• Wigan coach Paul Jewell wrote in himself to say, "I do not wear a trenchcoat on the sidelines, more often than not I wear a warm-up jacket. Sometimes a suit. Cheers!"

Enjoy, its a pretty good read, but also rather long.

Was a very good read, apart from he compared every team and player to an American baseball team :D

Couldn't be bothered reading all of it, only read the stuff about Liverpool. Pretty good though.