Euro 2012 Match Discussion Thread

Good result and a pretty decent performance too i would say. Considering Milner and Young failed to turn up at most times and Johnson's woeful positioning, defending and crossing and the ref was very poor indeed an England side which had 8 most times played well against France's 12. AOC looked like he belonged on the international stage and Welbeck worked his ******* **** off upfront too and Ashley Cole well was just Mr Consistant too. And i will end on this, what a shock it was to see JT play so well.........NOT.

Great win by Ukraine, 2 sensational headers by Sheva and i am delighted for the man. Hold him in high regard and he should be remembered as one of the best strikers to grace this game not for his spell at Chelsea.

О.о I am Bulgarian with Turkish roots, but I often live in Spain as my parents live there. It's just I grow up with Italian football and I dislike how the over rated Premiership shifted the Calcio over the top league, just because of the modern marketing, but not football tools. I got nothing against England, just saying that the team is poor, actually very poor and can finish at the bottom of the group (depends how much Ibra will be involved in the game between Sweden and England).

About the game I think England were lucky to score which made France and particularly Benzema nervous. And now lets be honest the game, as long as I watched it, was boring. Spain and Italy's game went on similar scenario but was not boring at all.

Again explain why the "over-rated" prem beat Serie A? Both on marketing, and football, and the financial state of some of the clubs. Which tells you how badly run Serie A has been run, when look at some of the premiership clubs have been run over the last 20 years. I've been watching Serie A for as long as I've been watching the Prem. It's downfall was its on making, right from the 90 with their crazy overspending, and tactical stagnation. Its fallen behind Spain and now also Germany, if you want to dislike something, dislike the manner of how Serie A is governed, because it sure as **** is not Englands fault.

Last edited:
Great win by Ukraine, 2 sensational headers by Sheva and i am delighted for the man. Hold him in high regard and he should be remembered as one of the best strikers to grace this game not for his spell at Chelsea.

He is still remembered for his best days at least in Milan. Was really happy for him aswell and hopefully he can manage at least 2 more goals so he reaches 50 international goals.

He is still remembered for his best days at least in Milan. Was really happy for him aswell and hopefully he can manage at least 2 more goals so he reaches 50 international goals.

One of my favourite players of all time. Brilliant display.

One of my favourite players of all time. Brilliant display.

Love him, even at Chelsea where to be fair he had a lot of injury set backs/was not managers signing/behind Drogba he still never stopped working his socks off. One of the reasons why Chelsea fans never boo'd him and the reason he holds us in high regard still.

Always will remember this goal too, just proved he never did lose it.
[video=youtube;NpfpMAs7v9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpfpMAs7v9g[/video]

Again explain why the "over-rated" prem beat Serie A? Both on marketing, and football, and the financial state of some of the clubs. Which tells you how badly run Serie A has been run, when look at some of the premiership clubs have been run over the last 20 years. I've been watching Serie A for as long as I've been watching the Prem. It's downfall was its on making, right from the 90 with their crazy overspending, and tactical stagnation. Its fallen behind Spain and now also Germany, if you want to dislike something, dislike the manner of how Serie A is governed, because it sure as **** is not Englands fault.

Completely right here. Coming from life long AC Milan fan who saw them at their peak in start of 90's. In hindsight money used then should have been used on upgrading stadiums, improving youth training and scouting for talent worldwide. Also big teams wagestructures are way too big and not sustainable and have been for years.

Clubs need to act now and start working or I can see French league rising above Serie A by 2016 when they have Euro's.

Oh man, i correctly predicted aging Milan veteran will shine in last game, but i didn't predict from which team.

Love him, even at Chelsea where to be fair he had a lot of injury set backs/was not managers signing/behind Drogba he still never stopped working his socks off. One of the reasons why Chelsea fans never boo'd him and the reason he holds us in high regard still.

Always will remember this goal too, just proved he never did lose it.
[video=youtube;NpfpMAs7v9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpfpMAs7v9g[/video]

Almost as nice as his goal against Juve. Shevchenko Best Goal [vs Juventus] - YouTube

Completely right here. Coming from life long AC Milan fan who saw them at their peak in start of 90's. In hindsight money used then should have been used on upgrading stadiums, improving youth training and scouting for talent worldwide. Also big teams wagestructures are way too big and not sustainable and have been for years.

Clubs need to act now and start working or I can see French league rising above Serie A by 2016 when they have Euro's.

Completely agree. Cantona's popped collar and Victoria Beckham's **** may have carried Prems marketing into new heights, but it wouldn't have happen if Calcio didnt screw itself over first.

Completely agree. Cantona's popped collar and Victoria Beckham's **** may have carried Prems marketing into new heights, but it wouldn't have happen if Calcio didnt screw itself over first.

Indeed, because at it's best it was a truly fascinating top class league.

Pretty mediocre 1st half, ******* boring 2nd half.

But no complaints with a point, hopefully we can get some more from the last two games.

Only regret is Benzema didn't score for the French and improve my bet's chances of winning. Apart from that, good result.

Shevchenko is a living legend and hero amongst all Ukrainians. Tonight's performance lighten up what as always an evil Monday XD

Lalas is pain in the **** !

[video=youtube;lsR4J87L80U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsR4J87L80U[/video]

Really thought this game would end up 0-0 haha, 7mins in and its 2-0 to the Czech's. Chalkias has to be the worst keeper in this tournament surely!!

My double of Czech and Russia is looking good!

Greece look a very poor side!

Thought Evra was poor defensively last night but this Holebas has been horrific

Cech has been poor in both games. Couldn't save a shot in first, now his mistake led to the goal.