Euro 2012 Match Discussion Thread

Im going for the team in red a Webb is in charge lol.

Akinfeev isn't starting in goal for russia wtf? Is he injured? That's my fantasy team ******.

Edit: Nvm been injured for a month and is on bench wish I'd have known that.

Not really, atleast he won't concede any lol.

Chelsea fan scores against Chelsea keeper. good finish.

Good goal that, Russia looking good but my got the Czech defence is shocking!

Arshavin makes them look funny with the power of Kerzhakov there and the runs of Dzagoev it looks shocking in the end :)

well I lost my Russian clean sheet but if it stays 2-1 I get my prediction right :)

2 games, 7 goals, 2 red cards and a missed pen. Long may this continue.

It is difficult to believe that that was the same Arshavin we saw in the Premier League earlier this season.

Does anyone have Arshavin's stats for the game? Passes, key passes etc.?

Does anyone have Arshavin's stats for the game? Passes, key passes etc.?

Passes - 31/36
Completed - 86%
Received - 39
Attacking third - 18/23
Assists - 2
Chances Created - 7
Short - 31/35
Forward - 20/25
Backward - 2/2
Square - 9/9

Jesus. The Russians look scary. Czech Republic may not be as strong as say 10 years ago, but my god, they did not exist in this game.

Jesus. The Russians look scary. Czech Republic may not be as strong as say 10 years ago, but my god, they did not exist in this game.

I wouldn't say Czech's didn't exist in the game. They did really well at start and start of 2nd half. Just failed to get the final ball in. Also defense and Cech didn't have the best of games. But still Russia was really lethal ( except Kershakov ) and used counter to a great effect.

For a lot of the teams, it will be about the counterattacks, the transition from defence to attack must be implemented quickly and effectively. The problems will likely arise when the opponents don't permit counters. Like today, Poland ran out of ideas in the second half once Greece put men behind the ball.

I had it down as 3-1 to the Russians. Why did they have to score a fourth dammit.

Holland looking pretty toothless this second half, Agger and Kjaer have been great

though ref just missed a blatant handball by Danish defender. Unlucky Holland