No mate. I tend to play 2 or 3 seasons on one save then switch to the other
aha good i was really enjoying your andorra save. Hopefully this one will be even better. :)

2015/16 Mid Season Update

BRAGA DISPLACED!

The big four of Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Braga is under threat from little old Estoril. Braga have been usurped as we try to take a grip on 4th spot. Porto are running away with it but Benfica in 3rd can be caught if we keep up our form.

View attachment 349135

View attachment 349134

In the Europa League Playoff we needed a kind draw but we didnt get it. Sevilla awaited us and duly set us packing 2-0 on aggregate.

On the other hand we are still in both domestic cups which is a change. Can we manage to win one though?

On the job front the Sporting manager retired pre-season. I applied but didn't get it. And mid-season AVB upsticks from Porto to moneybags PSG. I applied for it but again was overlooked with Biesla getting the job. Looks like I'm at Estoril for a while yet..

Last edited:
2015/16 End of Season Update

UNDERDOGS CLAIM CUP GLORY!!

untitled-1_93.png

Finishing 5th was probably the best we could have hoped for pre-season but we exceeded expectations as we managed to displace Braga and ****** 4th place and with that an automatic place in the Europa League group stage. Hopefully this help improves our finances otherwise we'll have to sell players.

View attachment 349520

More importantly however was a first ever cup win in the Taca de Portugal! Before this season our cup form was very poor so this was quite a shock. And only a penalty shootout lose to Sporting in the League Cup semis denied us a second shot at a trophy.

View attachment 349517

Key to it all was no doubt a tactical change mid season that saw us go on a great run. If we can carry this form into the start of next season then maybe was can chase down one of the big three and the holy grail of champions league football.

View attachment 349519

Last edited:
The Trek:

SeasonClubDivisionCountryLeagueCup(s)Europe
2012/13MirandelaSecond DivisionPortugal1st3rd Rndn/a
2013/14MirandelaSecond LeaguePortugal3rd*5th Rndn/a
2013/14EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal6thn/an/a
2014/15EstorilPremier LeagePortugal5th3rd RndPlayoff
2015/16EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal4thWinnersPlayoff

2016/17 Mid Season Update

ESTORIL PLAY LIKE EURO VETERANS!

Our first season in Europe couldn't have gone better as we completely blew what looked like a tough group away, topping it and making the knockout round. The £100,000+ prize money per win has been vital in stopping our finances spiralling out off control.

View attachment 349774

View attachment 349772

In the league its as you were, with only Benfica playing below par. We had a slow start (no wins in first 3 games) but once we sealed qualification from Europe we really kicked on. Keeping this form until the end of the season could well seal a top 3 finish.

View attachment 349773

The Trek:

2016/17 End of Season Update

EVER IMPROVING ESTORIL!

Each year we've made progress in the league (5th, 4th and now 3rd). Sadly Portugal lost a Champions League spot to Russia so unlike previous years 3rd spot only gets into the Europa League!

View attachment 349863

In the Europa League we overcame Twente in the first knockout round but lost, albeit narrowly, to Arsenal in the next round. Still though, a tremendous debut season in Europe.

Sadly we couldn't retain the Taca de Portugal (losing out to Benfica in the semis) and we only just lost the League Cup final against the all powerful Porto side.

View attachment 349862

All-in-all a great season.

The Trek:

2016/17EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal3rdRunners-up/ Semis2nd Rnd

Last edited:
BRAGA COME CALLING!!

View attachment 349888

Just as the season ended Braga sacked their manager and approached me. Ironic given that the emergence of Estoril under my management has knocked Braga out off their usual place in the top 4.

Club Comparison

EstorilBraga
Capacity5,01530,286
Corporate FacilitiesFairly BasicAdequate
Training FacilitiesAverageGood
Youth FacilitiesBasicAverage
Junior CoachingAverageGood
Youth RecruitmentAbove AverageAbove Average
Season Ticket Holders4455,377

Even though we finished well above Braga in the League I feel I can't turn down this job. There is no sign that Benfica, Sporting or Porto are going to hire me anytime soon and it will be near impossible to win the League with Estoril. I stand a much better chance of that with Braga after a couple seasons of rebuilding.

Once the Portuguese league is won we can move over the border to Spain.

A POPULAR W4NKER!!

Not even 6 months into my Braga career and Sporting Lisbon manager Martin Jol has returned to Tottenham and I'm offered the Lisbon job...

View attachment 350214

...usually I like to stay at clubs for at least a full season but I've spent longer than expected in Portugal. Time to really challenge for the title and earn my visa across the border to Spain.

The table as I take over Sporting Lisbon...

View attachment 350684

Top and a good chance of sealing a first top flight win and allowing me to move across the border to Spain.

The Trek:

Season

ClubDivisionCountryLeagueCup(s)Europe
2016/17EstorilPremier LeaguePortugal3rdRunners-up/ Semis2nd Rnd
2017/18BragaPremier LeaguePortugal3rd*6th Rnd*Group Stage*
2017/18SportingPremier LeaguePortugal---

*when I left

Cracking story so far mate, any chance you could post up the link to the database, would love to have a go at this.

Brilliant storie loving this ! Even managed to give me another laugh popular W4NKER brilliant

2017/18

W4NKER HAS DOUBLE VISION!!

The decision to leave Braga rather prematurely has proven to be a correct one. Sitting top when I took over, my new side Sporting never looked back as we claimed the League title (my first top flight title).

View attachment 351081

To makes things even better we hammered Porto in the Taca de Portugal final (my second Taca de Portugal triumph) to claim a personal double (Sporting won a treble having claimed the Super Cup under Martin Jol earlier in the season).

View attachment 351080

The cup final win was sweet revenge on a Porto side that rather fortuitously knocked us out of the Champions League on away goals, the only blotch on an otherwise terrific end of season run in.

View attachment 351082

Now having claimed the top division title in Portugal I'm free to move across the border to Spain. Can I get a Barca or Madrid job? Or will I have to wrestle the title away from the big two with a smaller club? We'll soon see...

Well done mate, fantastic achievements so far. Keep it going.