Europa League Discussion Thread

This is what I've read.

Rangers' injury time goal made the fullest use of the offside rule as it stands today - if anyone knows exactly how it stands, that is.

To my understanding, there were 4 players standing in an offside position when the pass was made to David Healy, the only Rangers player in the box who was onside out of 5 in the first phase. By the time they got to the second phase, the 4 who were offside were now behind the ball as Healy laid it on a plate for any of them to score, rendering them all now onside.

Have just read in the papers today Aiden McGeady helped scotland stay ahead of the Swiss in the Co-eff points system to keep us with 2 teams in the champions league. However we still need to qualify we really need to overtake Polande in the rankings so 1 team are guaranteed in the groups and one team have a seeded qualifying place! But Aiden McGeady scored the goal to knock out Basel so cheers Aiden :p Hate your guts but nice one.

And JackFulham - That is exactly what happened mate it is spot on. Superb play terrible Defending. all I can say is.. if carlsberg done match endings...

Halbard, if Sporting were truly better, they would have won. Don't say 'it's because they just defend', because we won three-nil last weekend against a similar side. Don't say 'it's because of the manager' because the players must take blame too. Don't say 'Edu shouldve been sent off'. He shouldnt have been, just a tough challenge.

Stop making excuses. Your team sucks.

I am thinking of changing the teams I support to Rangers, Man Utd, FCUM, and everyteam that plays sporting since everyone else is against them includings ref's XD

Cannot believe how bad we played last night Martin Kelly was the best player and he is our right back what the **** is going with our side we need about 12 new players it's so bad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTb6F4UHrGI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Scotlands Shame in action[/ame]

this is a video of Ranger's supporters behavior in lisbon. thats class

Rangers team:

Alexander (Mcgrgeor must be at the brothels in the dam)
Whittaker Weir Bougherra Foster
Bartley
Davis Edu Hutton Lafferty
Diouf​

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Hes a homeless guy...

How do you know he was a homeless guy ? suppose you were there aswell eh ?

I found that hilarious and to be fair it probably sobered the guy up and the big guy that threw him in the water gave him a beer after it aswell.

Rangers team:

Alexander (Mcgrgeor must be at the brothels in the dam)
Whittaker Weir Bougherra Foster
Bartley
Davis Edu Hutton Lafferty
Diouf​

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

How do you know he was a homeless guy ? suppose you were there aswell eh ?

I found that hilarious and to be fair it probably sobered the guy up and the big guy that threw him in the water gave him a beer after it aswell.
I really dont see why Diouf gets deployed as a loan striker :S
Whats the news on Papac? I didnt hear anything since it happened.
Imo PSV will be too strong for Rangers.

I really dont see why Diouf gets deployed as a loan striker :S
Whats the news on Papac? I didnt hear anything since it happened.
Imo PSV will be too strong for Rangers.

No clue mate, Personally I would leave Laff on the bench play diouf on the wing and play Healy up front!

Still not heard anything either on papac mate I heard it was a suspected broken neck but obviously not or would have heard something.

And I do agree Psc are definately stronger than us. Whether we can scrape it though is another question as we are good at grinding out results.

Other News: Braga 1 - 0 Liverpool, Alan from the Penalty Spot :D

Last edited:
They do not need a campaign to destroy Sporting, you guys can do that yourselves with ease.

the portuguese press have been on a campaign to destroy
Sporting, FYI.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

And that video is utter shame. I have no words to describe it.

I really hope that Braga and Porto lose, Yes I do, because I cannot support clubs that throw golf balls at Benfica's players , WHILE THE LEAGUE DOES NOTHING, IN A NORMAL COUNTRY THERE WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN INTERDICTIONS IN THE STADIUMS!

So go L'pool and go CSKA, down with the corrupt bastards.
Hoping for Benfica to get a quiet 2 or 3 nil victory, without portuguese refs we have good chances of winning any game.

They do not need a campaign to destroy Sporting, you guys can do that yourselves with ease.

lol mate theres no point arguing with him he only sees through lisbon eyes. He can't accept when hes wrong.

Psv are controlling this match at present as to be expected. we really need to sit tight to get a result here tonight.

My favourite Greek player? !!!
Shocked. Well, not really :D

Hope Liverpool wins tho'