Europa League Discussion Thread

Great game Schalke 2 - 4 Athletic Bilbao.

Nothing like the team that beat Man U in the last round but Bilbao certainly showed their class and fighting spirit as the game went on despite being on the back foot for so long in the game! Just got to admire Fernando Llorente, the guy is fantastic and I would love to see him in the premiership. Javi Martinez was also excellent starting everything off from the back with his passes/runs (Man U summer target I hope).

For Schalke I thought Farfan was really good and their centre back papadopalous looked very good, only age 20 as well. Raul the goal scoring demon bagged a few with some neat finishes as usual :p

I doubt that Martinez and Llorente will leave while Bielsa is there. And if they leave they will probably stay in Spain. Llorente will be perfect for Barcelona it was obvious that they lack the height in the attack in their match against Milan.While Martinez perfect for Real Madrid who have always struggled to find the proper defenders. And I doubt any Premiership team can out bit or attract these players when there are teams like Barca and Real, looking for the same players.

I doubt that Martinez and Llorente will leave while Bielsa is there. And if they leave they will probably stay in Spain. Llorente will be perfect for Barcelona it was obvious that they lack the height in the attack in their match against Milan.While Martinez perfect for Real Madrid who have always struggled to find the proper defenders. And I doubt any Premiership team can out bit or attract these players when there are teams like Barca and Real, looking for the same players.

I doubt Real Madrid are looking for a player like Martinez, they have great CB's already and not to mention Martinez plays best as a Midfielder (Defensive minded). Real have plenty of good Defensive Midfielders so I doubt he would fit in there either (Nuri Sahin, Alonso, Khedira) to name but a few.

No posts on finals yet?

I think Atletico Madrid will win this going by their recent form. They are just superb since Simone took charge. Falcao again will be the key player as he loves this competition.

Falcao at one end and Llorente at the other. Football feast.

Hoping a Chelsea player gets a European winners medal tonight, going to say 3-1 to Atletico Madrid.

No posts on finals yet?

I think Atletico Madrid will win this going by their recent form. They are just superb since Simone took charge. Falcao again will be the key player as he loves this competition.

Falcao at one end and Llorente at the other. Football feast.

Defo be watching this one, I would love to see Bilbao win but I think like yourself Atletico will come out on top. I have been impressed with Courtois for Atletico Madrid when I have seen him (the Chelsea GK), definitely going to be one of the best around, not sure if he will want to wait for Cech to get first team football though. I recon he is more than capable already to be Chelsea's first choice keeper.

Defo be watching this one, I would love to see Bilbao win but I think like yourself Atletico will come out on top. I have been impressed with Courtois for Atletico Madrid when I have seen him (the Chelsea GK), definitely going to be one of the best around, not sure if he will want to wait for Cech to get first team football though. I recon he is more than capable already to be Chelsea's first choice keeper.

It's a strange situation really because as you say he is probably good enough but Cech is only 29 which is young in keeper terms. He may of not even reached his peak yet!!!!

They should rename this cup to Falcao cup. Unreal player.

Ouch, that looked like a painful one on the keeper. Right in the sack :S

Athletico can easily say 40m ( or what they paid for Falcao ) well spent.

His composure for second goal was just unreal. Amazing striker.

Well done At Madrid and more importantly Courtois, we did really drop the bomb when we didn't sign Falcao for whatever reason.

Really wanted Bilbao to win. Their players were completely torn up, way more than most footballers would ever be.