Europa tie a nuisance - Redknapp

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3K
I wish people in England valued the Europa League as highly as our European friends do, it's a good competition to win and you shouldn't knock it.

its not as if he is a real shoe in for anything else either

Ignore that 4th placed finish from Harry and what has he accomplished?

Shall we do a trophy count Harry:

Juande 1 - 0 Harry

Why's that?

Because Juande took cup's pretty seriously because he knew he had no chance of winning the league. It's a sad day in football when a £30m Champions League cheque means more than winning silverware, maybe I'm a romantic but I would rather my team had a trophy parade than parade a bigger cheque.

lol Harry. he talking as if the club's reputation was smash. at least ur playing ur europe ffs.

harry want thing it really impossible, like trying to get Augero. lol

or even trying to buy Mata. ahahah

not to go off-topic here but!

Wenger has said in the past that 4th place finish is better than FA or CC Cup win.

Ignore that 4th placed finish from Harry and what has he accomplished?

Shall we do a trophy count Harry:

Juande 1 - 0 Harry

Why's that?

Because Juande took cup's pretty seriously because he knew he had no chance of winning the league. It's a sad day in football when a £30m Champions League cheque means more than winning silverware, maybe I'm a romantic but I would rather my team had a trophy parade than parade a bigger cheque.

wth ? who that/it/ .. ?

Wenger has said in the past that 4th place finish is better than FA or CC Cup win.

And I agree with him. I'd much rather finish in the top 4 and not win either cup than finish outside and win one.

if thats the case for harry, why dont the team resign from teh europa competition, and may be like hearts or some other team will come in for their place :P

the tottenham will be in riots again

i can only imagine if haryy 22mil bid got accept for Mata. heheehhe. LOL!!!!
or even in the last winter, when harry tried to buy Augureo. LOL!!!!!

'arry needs to be abit realistic tbh.

And I agree with him. I'd much rather finish in the top 4 and not win either cup than finish outside and win one.

Nothing beats a cup final for me, League's great but you compete in that every season where as cup finals are a lot harder to get to. If you win a cup, you're still playing in europe the next season anyway even if it isn't the champions league. I'd much rather win a cup than finish 4th. I'm sure Wenger says it but really, I can only see the benefits in an economic sense. Going to see Fulham in an FA Cup final is like my dream.

Nothing beats a cup final for me, League's great but you compete in that every season where as cup finals are a lot harder to get to. If you win a cup, you're still playing in europe the next season anyway even if it isn't the champions league. I'd much rather win a cup than finish 4th. I'm sure Wenger says it but really, I can only see the benefits in an economic sense. Going to see Fulham in an FA Cup final is like my dream.

Didn't you see Fulham in the Europa league final? If i'm honest I would rather see my team in that than the FA Cup Final.

Didn't you see Fulham in the Europa league final? If i'm honest I would rather see my team in that than the FA Cup Final.

Yeah it was amazing except for the loss. If I am honest, the most exciting games I've ever seen are the ones in the lead up to the europa league cup final, especially Juventus and Hamburg at home. I find the League boring at times because you're just playing the same teams every year bar 3. I dunno the Europa League is pretty special but the FA Cup for me is the best prize an English team can win after the League and Champions League.

i can only imagine if haryy 22mil bid got accept for Mata. heheehhe. LOL!!!!
or even in the last winter, when harry tried to buy Augureo. LOL!!!!!

'arry needs to be abit realistic tbh.

Agreed. Let's face it, neither Tottenham nor Arsenal ever really had a chance at Mata with Chelsea involved.

Agreed. Let's face it, neither Tottenham nor Arsenal ever really had a chance at Mata with Chelsea involved.

as if Mata wants to go to Spuds. XD

Chelsea joined to competition late, and we cant help it since we didnt had enough fund that time. so let it be.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

we played a weak team though.

more like wenger didnt mind about cup games that much at that time.

Completely agree with Jack.

We both went on similar adventures in Europe recently and we have enjoyed every step. From Maccarone's last minute goals sending us through on away goals to Hasselbaink knocking out Roma. Until your team has taken it seriously fans are never really going to understand what it feels like going in Europe.

The clubs argument is that it distracts them from that '4th place' but let's all be realistic, Spurs are nowhere near a certainty to get that 4th place this season. If Harry ended the season 6th but won the Europa League at least it's silverware and a statement of intent across Europe.

We lost 0-4 in the final to Sevilla but the journey is the thing that made that season so historic. No one dwells on the fact we lost fans dwell on the 4-3 vs Basel and the thriller in the SF. It's an institutional part of a clubs history, Fulham fans will never forget that season. If Spurs finish 5th/6th will many Spurs fans remember this season fondly?

League Cup as well, that annoys me slightly. Teams like Villa should be taking that really seriously, as should Fulham/Everton/Blackburn/Stoke/Sunderland/Newcastle. It's the most realistic chance all of them have at silverware, the fact that Birmingham got to the final shows to an extent how much of a joke the majority of managers think it is with all due respect to Birmingham. Managers say 'its only the League Cup', the League Cup wouldn't be such a joke if you all played your best players so don't use that as an excuse like it's other peoples fault that it's become a joke.

Back