Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Europe not a priority for Coppell

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Steve Coppell says he would field Reading's reserves if they qualified for the Uefa Cup next season.

More...

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
BULL ****. Absolute bollocks.

If i was a Reading fan, knowing how well we have done this season, i'd definately be a bit down if we didn't get into Europe.

Then if we did, and he did this, i'd be angry tbh.

Reaction score
BULL ****. Absolute bollocks.

If i was a Reading fan, knowing how well we have done this season, i'd definately be a bit down if we didn't get into Europe.

Then if we did, and he did this, i'd be angry tbh.
Seconded.

Reaction score
he's bound to say that though....just like united officials hav always said they arn't lookin at the treble...

but i agree...now they have got this far they may aswell push for it...just for the financial benefits....because he may think the squad isn't ready for it...

ajw

Reaction score
I can understand him saying this because look at Ipswich when they got into Europe-they got relegated, and if I was a Reading fan and I was to choose between a short-lived run in Europe and being relegated, or having another comfortbale season in the Premierhsip, it would be the second one. Although, Reading are richer and will get more prize money than Ipswich so I can't imagine Coppell not being able to add to his squad significantly if they make Europe.

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
A good run in Europe would give the squad confidence though to survive

Reaction score
Yea what Gregor said. He is prob just lying through his teeth he has said about 500 times he doesnt want europe...wank