Europe not a priority for Coppell

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Steve Coppell says he would field Reading's reserves if they qualified for the Uefa Cup next season.

More...

BULL ****. Absolute bollocks.

If i was a Reading fan, knowing how well we have done this season, i'd definately be a bit down if we didn't get into Europe.

Then if we did, and he did this, i'd be angry tbh.

BULL ****. Absolute bollocks.

If i was a Reading fan, knowing how well we have done this season, i'd definately be a bit down if we didn't get into Europe.

Then if we did, and he did this, i'd be angry tbh.

Seconded.

he's bound to say that though....just like united officials hav always said they arn't lookin at the treble...

but i agree...now they have got this far they may aswell push for it...just for the financial benefits....because he may think the squad isn't ready for it...

I can understand him saying this because look at Ipswich when they got into Europe-they got relegated, and if I was a Reading fan and I was to choose between a short-lived run in Europe and being relegated, or having another comfortbale season in the Premierhsip, it would be the second one. Although, Reading are richer and will get more prize money than Ipswich so I can't imagine Coppell not being able to add to his squad significantly if they make Europe.

A good run in Europe would give the squad confidence though to survive

Yea what Gregor said. He is prob just lying through his teeth he has said about 500 times he doesnt want europe...wank