European Domination

Reaction score

There are a lot of countries in Europe. A lot of clubs to win competitions. A lot of countries to win internationals. I'm not here to win the world cup. I'm not here to start small and then finish big. I'm here to win.

The aim of this......long, long save is to win the top division in every country in Europe. Now, you might think that is a reasonable target. Not many countries loaded up from Europe on Football Manager, right. right? Wrong. What I have done is downloaded the largest database I could find, and have 54 countries to make my way through. To dominate each country is the aim. Winning the league is the goal, and then I move.

This story/challenge isn't just for me, this can be done by everyone who wants to try it. The link to the database can be found on the Football Manager 2017 Transfer Leagues and Custom League section of the Website, and the thread is called [FM17] Around the World by Sangue Blu. I will leave the link below if it works, if it doesn't, then the thread should be easily accessible.

To start, we go to the first country in the alphabet that is European. So lets say hello, or 'Përshëndetje' to Albania. Now we don't have to follow the alphabet around the board, you can skip to whatever country you like. But starting in Albania makes slight sense, as they are first, but you might then go to Sweden, or Iceland, or Bosnia. You just don't know.

Below is going to be checklist for all the countries in this challenge, and i will also state whether or not i have completed that country, and also the page number so that you know which page relates to which country, so you can skip to the country you want to look at most.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-big-leagues-europe-americas-asia-africa.html

Albania = Pg 1 - 4
Andorra =
Armenia =
Austria =
Azerbaijan =
Belarus =
Belgium =
Bosnia =
Bulgaria =
Croatia =
Cyprus =
Czech =
Denmark =
England =
Estonia =
Faroe Islands =
Finland =
France =
FYR Macedonia =
Georgia =
Germany =
Gibraltar =
Greece =
Holland =
Hungary =
Iceland =
Ireland =
Israel =
Italy =
Kazakhstan =
Kosovo =
Latvia =
Lithuania = Pg 5 -
Luxembourg =
Malta =
Moldova =
Montenegro =
N. Ireland =
Norway =
Poland =
Portugal =
Romania =
Russia =
San Marino =
Scotland =
Serbia =
Slovakia =
Slovenia =
Spain =
Sweden =
Switzerland =
Turkey =
Ukraine =
Wales =

If you would like to take part in this challenge as well, please do keep me posted on how your progress is going by posting your success or failures through this thread. It would be nice to see how other people would fare if they attempted this challenge.

Last edited:
I am deeply sorry about the length of that opening, for some reason the table that I had created with all the countries in wasn't allowed to be attached to the thread, despite having it on both word and excel, so i had to write them out instead, my apologies.

Really like the sound of this, good luck in your new challenge!

Really like the sound of this, good luck in your new challenge!

Thanks man, yeah after the collapsed save from the Ipswich one I thought i'd try something new, and something that I haven't seen on here i don't think

First team of the challenge is KS Delvina who are an Albanian side in their 3rd tier. Yep, 3rd tier side. God this is gonna be fun. Probably going to give monthly updates rather than singular updates due to length of time this will take to move up the leagues. Due to this database being quite lengthy, i needed to add players to playable teams because otherwise i would have no one at all to play with. I started this save with 0 STAFF! :D The two best players that the team has for now is a striker and a centre back. Don't know much about them, both on non-contracts because we are a semi-professional side, but lets see what we can do.

Ummm... its either I'm a very good manager, or this league is utter dog:D I think its probably the latter. What a month this has been. The Albania season starts in July rather than August, but that doesn't matter because we cannot stop scoring. We are predicted to finish 5th this season, but we're doing well so far.

View attachment 108237

Great start to the season with a strong 4-1 victory away from home. Gjerji Rama with a hat-trick for the first game, and he will not stop banging the ball in the back of the net.

View attachment 108236

This 5-0 was against a team in the division above. Great victory for the team in the first leg of the cup tournament in Albania.

View attachment 108235

Ok this is getting silly now. I don't know what Rama has been eating but he is scoring as if he is ****** Suarez. Incredible 7-2 victory.

View attachment 108234

What is this season, we are 4 games in and the goals are flying in, for both teams it seems. 10-4 victory on aggregate and into the next round of the cup.

View attachment 108233

Bit more of a realistic scoreline this time, but a solid 2-1 victory away from home.

View attachment 108232

3 league games so far and 13 goals scored. What a weird campaign this is. Sitting pretty at the top of the table, but can we stay their for the season. Onwards and upwards.

View attachment 108231

Who else. Who else would get player of the month. 5 games and 12 goals scored is incredible. I've never heard of this guy, but I see him as the Albanian Suarez.​

Another great month for the boys here with another 3 victories to take us to 18 points from a possible 18 so far in the league. Rama won't stop scoring, but all in all this team in playing really well.

View attachment 108218

Comfortably 3-0 victory at home to Olimpiku. Rama of course scores 2 goals again. What is up with this guy and sticking the ball in the back of the net.

View attachment 108217

Good 3-1 victory away from home despite going down to 10 men on 17 minutes and having to spend over an hour with 10 players on the pitch.

View attachment 108216

A very difficult win for us at home here as the game finished with 19 players left on the pitch rather than the usual 22. Keeping the unbeaten run has been really beneficial for us.

View attachment 108215

Like I said, 6 wins from 6 games is a brilliant start to the season. Chopping and changing the team all the time due to every player in the league being on a non-contract, so signings are departures are coming in thick and fast.

View attachment 108214

Player of the month for me is the goalkeeper Prele Hysi. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is brilliant by our man between the sticks. Lets hope for some more clean sheets in the future.​

Will be following this, lengthy but enjoyable journey you've got ahead I'm sure. Top form right now always found it 'easier' in the 'xtra downloadable leagues that you find

Will be following this, lengthy but enjoyable journey you've got ahead I'm sure. Top form right now always found it 'easier' in the 'xtra downloadable leagues that you find

Thanks for following dani3w, yeah thats understandable as the downloadable league will always be slightly easier than the normal ones. Still, Rama is playing like he should be in the champions league :)

Loving this! Quality start, Rama's first month of 5 games 12 goals is insane!

Loving this! Quality start, Rama's first month of 5 games 12 goals is insane!

Thanks man. I know right, he won't stop scoring. Just banging them in for fun. Should get an update out tomorrow afternoon as I was out all of today.

View attachment 108012

September

View attachment 108011

Good 1-0 victory at home to the team who are top of the division above mine. As it was in the cup, we had another leg to deal with. Lets hope we can make it through to the next round. Oh, Rama scored again. Of course he did.

View attachment 108010

Brilliant away win for the team here. 4-0 against very strong opposition. Did I mention that Rama scored a hat trick? Of course he did.

View attachment 108009

We made it through to the next round of the cup, beating out higher league opposition. Now we face a team in the top division in Albania. Great. Oh look, Rama scored. Course he ****** did.

View attachment 108008

Our first draw of the season, quite annoying really as we got out goal in the 90th minute, so we could have easily lost this game. The goalscorer? Take a guess.

View attachment 108007

Thats how we want it, back to winning ways again with a 3-0 home victory for the fans to enjoy. You'll never guess who scored. Oh, it's a bit obvious isn't it.

View attachment 108006

Still top of the league. Still unbeaten. 8 wins and 1 draw. Cant get much better than this now can it? Onwards and up the league we go.

View attachment 108005

Who else would be player of the month. Honestly, who else had a chance. 22 goals in 13 games. All i'm gonna say. Rama has scored in every competitive game of the season bar 1.

View attachment 108000

October

View attachment 107999

Only two games this month to talk about. First of was a 2-2 away dram against Devolli. Not much to say about this game. Very even game, both teams could of won. Rama scored........obvious.

View attachment 107998

The second game was a much more comfortable 3-0 home victory with ****** Rama scoring ANOTHER goal for the side. I don't know how a team hasn't picked him up yet as he is only on a non-contract.

View attachment 107997

Not much has changed when it comes to the league. Still top, building our led from the teams behind. Hopefully we can go up this season, and start building and progressing towards the top division.

View attachment 107996

Surprisingly, I didn't go for Rama as player of the month. Despite scoring twice, I gave it to 17 year old Arber Hoti, who scored brilliant goal in the 3-0 win, and ultimately played the best across both games this month.​

Will definitely be following this, see how far ya can take it.

Rama is a monster, can ya not tie him down to a contract?

View attachment 107991

November

View attachment 107990

First defeat of the season but it was against a team who play their football in the top division, two divisions above our own. We knew it would be a tough game, but we are the only side from Division 3 who are in this round. Rama didn't score. Devastated.

View attachment 107989

Probably the best win of the season so far, just because they are a top division side. And the fact it was away from home was brilliant as well. We do still go out of the cup, but the good news is Rama's dry streak of 1 game is over.

View attachment 107988

Back to the league and we stomp the fixture 5-0 away from home. Rama's back, course he ****** is. Still creating a lead at the top, getting bigger each game.

View attachment 107987

Finishing the month in a strong fashion with a good 4-2 victory at home. Of course Rama scores 2 goals.

View attachment 107986

Still unbeaten in the league after 13 games. 11 point gap at the top of the table is nice to see. Getting bigger each and every month.

View attachment 107985

Who else. Honestly. 30 goals in 19 games. Enough said.​

View attachment 107980

December

View attachment 107978

Starting the month the same way we finished the last, winning games. I don't think Rama does anything else except score goals, he's an absolute machine.

View attachment 107975

Decent draw i'd say against the side in 3rd place in the league. Obvious goalscorer. Again. Man I love this guy, such a good player.

View attachment 107974

Very nice 3-1 away victory in the league against the team in 2nd place. But OMFG Rama did not find the back of the net, thats it, he's dropped. I'm kidding, never dropping him

View attachment 107973

Finishing 2016 with a decent 1-0 away victory in the league to boost the gap between myself and 2nd place. Only half way through the season but we are playing very very well.

View attachment 107972

14 point gap at the top of the table now, starting to pull away from the team below me. Transfer window is opening now. My main aim is to try and keep Rama at the team, but he will attract a lot of attention.

View attachment 107970

I went with Hoti for player of the month this time because he had scored 3 goals this month, and is now on 8 goals for the season. Overshadowed by Rama, but a quality player none the less.​

Last edited:
View attachment 107944

January

View attachment 107945

Strong victory at the start of the month, with a 4-1 victory at home with Rama scoring ANOTHER hat trick for the team. Love having him here.

View attachment 107943

Good away win for the team here, 2-1 this team and we are moving even further away from the teams below us in the league now.

View attachment 107942

We just can stop winning games. Rama didn't get on the scoresheet in this game, quite surprised really, but Hofi made up for that with a stunning goal to give us the lead.

View attachment 107941

We've suffered our first league defeat of the season. We were on a great run until this game happened, but thats alright because we are still top the league. Rama hasn't scored in a couple of games now. Where's he disappeared to?

View attachment 107940

Despite that first loss we still have a comfortable lead at the top of the table. Lets carry this lead into February and beyond.

View attachment 107939

I chose Refi as my player of the month because, despite Rama's hat trick, he has been very consistent over these last four games, keeping a very strong average throughout.​

View attachment 107937

February

View attachment 107936

The month starts with a simple 1-1 draw at home. Still top of the league, and this point secured us a play off place with 11 games of the season left to play.

View attachment 107935

Very nice 2-0 victory away from home. Moving closer to promotion now and ever-increasing the gap to second place. Rama scored. Obviously.

View attachment 107934

Another home draw this time, 2-2 it finished in the end. Oh look, Rama scored a penalty. Such a rarity is a Rama goal. Right? And this point secured us.......

View attachment 107933

PROMOTION! We make our way into the next division. The first stage of the European Domination is getting closer. Lets go and win the second division.

View attachment 107932

As you can see we still have a bunch of games left in the season. We play 32 games altogether, so some time to go. 26 points ahead of the play off place with 24 on offer puts us in the second division for next season.

View attachment 107931

30 games. 40 goals. Enough said.

Back