Everton defend lack of spending

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chairman Bill Kenwright defends low-spending Everton's "sensible" management of the club's finances.

More...

How, if their financial situation is worsening?

Although I admire the way things are run at Everton and the wonderful manager himself David Moyes, they really do need to spend in the summer, maybe bring in just two known names a striker and a replacement for Pienaar, possbibly Kranjcar. Their squad is very thin at the moment

Neverton are a small team that will never achieve any success. If I were Moyes, I'd get out of there ASAP

Feel sorry for Moyes. Fantastic manager who has done a great job with a nothing budget. If they could get some investment they would be challenging up the table

Neverton are a small team that will never achieve any success. If I were Moyes, I'd get out of there ASAP

No success? We made Europe didn't we on nearly no cash? Defied the odds to make a up final against Chelsea? Yeah we didn't do well, but to defy the odds and make it is success.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

How, if their financial situation is worsening?

Thats what all Everton fans would like to know. And they still find enough to waste a few more million on an Administration building. Doin me nut in

Hardly a small team, they have finished in the top 4 a few times on **** all budget, and they have a decent history too.

small team ha ha ha how old are you what team do you support

Pretty sure he's never watched the Everton team from the 80s's and when we made it into Europe. Hope it's that and not a pretty naff job at trolling lol

Thats what all Everton fans would like to know. And they still find enough to waste a few more million on an Administration building. Doin me nut in

Aye, hoping use can sort it out soon to a certain extent, don't like seeing Everton in this situation (as much as I hate them).

If they were a small team, they wouldn't be in the Premiership, you silly child.

I hope Everton don't ( but at the same time, I hope they do, because of our rivalry ;) ) resort to selling their key players to help with their financial situation.

All these rumours of administration are bullshit, seeing as we have not sold the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell and Jagielka. And regarding the Everton being a "small club" - get lost! You can't even spell! Netherton is a place in Liverpool!

i dont understand a couple of years ago everton was spending high on players like Fellaini and Yakubu

I think everton just need a new chairman

All these rumours of administration are bullshit, seeing as we have not sold the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell and Jagielka. And regarding the Everton being a "small club" - get lost! You can't even spell! Netherton is a place in Liverpool!

I reckon 1 maybe 2 of the players you just named could be leaving in the summer due to the financial position of Everton..

I've always wondered what David Moyes would have done with Everton if he'd have had the same amount of transfer funds that Rafa Benitez had to play with at LFC.

I've always had the utmost respect for him as a manager & in my opinion he was & is superior to Benitez in every respect. Everton surely can't hang on to him much longer given the financial stagnation at the club.

It's not all bad and gloomy. In my opinion Everton have some very talented young players in their ranks...

I reckon 1 maybe 2 of the players you just named could be leaving in the summer due to the financial position of Everton..

Even Moyes admitted he would have to sell some players he wants to hang on if he gets no money, such as Rodwell and Fellaini. But, all is speculation as, per usual, no one knows just how bad the money situation is. But the admin fear is pretty going away rapidly now which is great news. BK has to realise, you can't run a club on passion alone. Just wondering why other members of the board havent dipped their hands in their pockets. They're worth quite a few million.

Really? Is that the reason Moyes is all but resigned to losing them? Arteta and Cahill may be leaving aswell..

Cahill leaves, you'll be in deep s*it. You'd be fine without Fellaini.