Everton F.C - Turning Merseyside Blue

Man City are in the semis of the Champs League, whilst Arsenal are in the semis of the Europa, so maybe an opportunity for 7th to sneak in.
The wage bill is destroying us at the moment and is definitely something I need to work on over the Summer....this could be a complete rebuild job over the next couple of seasons!

Keeps you interested though doesn't it. Nobody likes having it all their own way ;)

Sunday 12th May 2019

05b7c.jpg

Idrissa Gueye

Sunday 12th May 2019
'A Disappointing Run Of Form To Finish The Season'

attachment.php

The board are obviously pleased with what I'm doing here as they offer me a new deal!

English%20Premier%20League_0.png

attachment.php

Formation; 4-2-3-1
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Zouma, Keane, Baines, McCarthy, Gomes (Adeniran 67), Davies (Gueye 20), Pavon*, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin (Tosun 67)

Cristian Pavon's 7th goal of the season was enough to get us over the line and take all 3 points against Fulham! It wasn't the best team performance, but we ground out the result all the same!

attachment.php

Tom Davies is the latest player to be sidelined through injury and he'll miss up to a month.

attachment.php

Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman (Kenny 45), Zouma (Keane 45), Mina, Baines, Gueye, Gomes, Schneiderlin (McCarthy 45), Walcott, Pavon, Richarlison

Simply not good enough!! Defensively we were awful here!!

attachment.php

Formation; 4-2-3-1
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Zouma, Mina, Baines, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Richarlison, Gomes, Pavon, Calvert-Lewin

We've had a lot of games this year where we have played really well and struggled to score. However, this was the opposite as we played really badly but took our chances really well! On the balance of play, we really didn't deserve a draw so this is one we'll gladly take!

attachment.php

Formation; 4-4-2
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Zouma, Mina, Digne, Walcott, Gueye, Davies (McCarthy 75), Pavon (Lookman 52), Tosun (Richarlison 61), Calvert-Lewin

With our form taking a bit of a dive again recently, it was time to try another new formation and for this game I went with the trusty 4-4-2! Probably a big risk to take trying something completely new for the Merseyside Derby, and the risk didn't pay off as we were still beaten pretty comfortably by our fiercest rivals!

attachment.php

Cristian Pavon probably won't feature again this season!

attachment.php

Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Zouma, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Gomes*, Davies, Walcott, Richarlison, Tosun (Calvert-Lewin 71)

Absolutely gutted to draw this one as we were completely in control of the entire game and then Isaac Hayden goes and scores an absolute banger right at the end to earn them a completely undeserved point!

attachment.php

Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Zouma, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Gomes*, Davies (McCarthy 75), Walcott, Richarlison (Lookman 63), Tosun

Considering Huddersfield are dead and buried already, they really made us work hard for this win!! A really nice finish from Andre Gomes for the winning goal as he struck low into the bottom corner from just outside the box.

attachment.php

Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Keane, Baines, Gueye, Gomes, Davies (McCarthy 69), Walcott (Lookman 45), Richarlison, Tosun (Calvert-Lewin 77)

A decent enough effort from my lads against a very strong Chelsea team, but they just had too much quality for us here!

attachment.php

Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Keane, Baines*, McCarthy, Gomes, Gueye, Lookman, Richarlison (Pavon 64), Tosun (Calvert-Lewin 64)

We finish the season on a high with a solid 2-0 victory at home to Brighton. Dominic Calvert-Lewin signs off his season with a good solo goal!

attachment.php

That win on the last day of the season saw us leapfrog Brighton and ensures we finish inside the top 10...just! Only a point separated us from a 7th place finish though! Looking over our league stats, we drew way too many games and conceded way too many goals...they will be key areas to improve next season to help us towards a higher placed finish!

Burnley hired Mark Hughes as manager!
Huddersfield sacked Jan Siewart as manager and replaced him with Garry Monk!

the_efac_logo_02.png

attachment.php

Round 6
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Zouma, Jagielka, Digne, Gueye, Gomes (McCarthy 65), Schneiderlin, Walcott (Lookman 45), Pavon, Tosun (Calvert-Lewin 65)

In the league this year, we've lost 6-0 and won 2-1 against United, so this was a bit of an unknown, although naturally we came into the game as underdogs! And it was United who progess with a scoreline that looks a lot more comfortable for them than it actually was! The game was actually very evenly matched and I know that I sound like a stuck record when I say this, but it was our own inability to take our chances that cost us...we missed a couple of right sitters in this game too!

Saturday 1st June 2019

0_JS159614211.jpg

Saturday 1st June 2019
'End of Season 2018/19'

Competition Winners

Premier League; Liverpool
Championship; Stoke City
League One; Sunderland
League Two; Colchester United
FA Cup; Bournemouth
Carabao Cup; Liverpool
Champions League; Inter Milan
Europa League; Bayer 04 Leverkusen

attachment.php

It was a season of simply meeting expectations for my first one in charge. In all fairness, it was a season of experimentation for me as I tinkered with tactics and formations A LOT to try to find my best. I don't feel I am there yet, but I do feel a lot closer to finding the best style and roles for these players. It's been tough as finances have been heavily restricted meaning I having had an opportunity to put my own stamp on the side just yet either.

attachment.php

I'd completely agree with the fans on their voting for player of the year as Kurt Zouma has definitely been our standout performer! Cristian Pavon has also turned out to be a fantastic signing and had a great first season in England!

attachment.php

I feel that the squad as a whole have done OK this season...not terrible, not great, just OK! Although I am bitterly disappointed with some of our supposed best players like Richarlison and Cenk Tosun, who both massively underachieved for me! Cristian Pavon was the shining light in attack as he contributed with 10 goals and 10 assists, a great return in his first season at the club! Theo Walcott also did well to turn in 9 assists in only 22 games and maybe I should have given him more game time on reflection! Dominic Calvert-Lewin was forced to step up and feature a lot this year due to our lack of strikers and the youngster did well returning 12 goals (finishing as top goalscorer) and could have a big future ahead of him if he can kick on from here! All four centre backs had impressive seasons as they all finished with average ratings above 7.00!

My Player of the Year; Kurt Zouma
My Young Player of the Year; Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Must Do Better; Cenk Tosun
Most Disappointing Player; Richarlison

attachment.php

All in all, the squad are pretty happy and I have no problems with any players at this moment in time!

attachment.php

The commercial summary looks good with everything on the rise!

attachment.php

Well, this was an interesting turn of events....I've been panicking over our deteriorating bank balance all season, but it seems I had no reason to worry as we've just had £49 million of sponsorship money hit the account which actually takes us out of the negative!!!

attachment.php

And so I have actually been given a pretty hefty transfer budget to play with over the Summer!

attachment.php

The transfer spend in the Premier League this season actually makes for pretty sensible reading!

attachment.php

Our wages to turnover ratio is the 6th highest in the league and is something I am keen to improve, until we are playing European football at least!

Summer Plans; Well there will definitely be some players leaving the club this Summer for sure. Some of them being dead wood and some being older players I just don't think will get game time next season! I might even try to offload some of the big underachievers as well...although I'm torn as to whether or not to give them one more season to prove themselves yet?! Although I am within my wage budget, I'm still concerned that it's extremely high for a club that doesn't see any prize money from European football and I'd like to bring it down a bit...we have some players here on massive wages that in my opinion they don't necessarily warrant or deserve, so this is something I will look at! I also have a number of big names returning from loan spells (Sandro, Vlasic, Niasse, Bernard, Mirallas, Besic, Holgate) and decisions will need to be made around each of them...do I sell them on or keep them here and have them in and around my first team next year?! One thing's for certain, I think it's going to be a busy couple of months for me!

Merseyside - Blue Or Red?

Well Merseyside is still very much red this season, with Liverpool completing a domestic double winning both the Premier League and Carabao Cup! They also managed to complete a double over us in the league beating us 3-1 and 2-0!

That transfer kitty is a bit better than last season! Hopefully can go towards shoring up the defence and moving a few of those draws from last season into wins. A few of those were last minute sickeners and you were only 9 points off 6th!

Looking forward to next season!

That transfer kitty is a bit better than last season! Hopefully can go towards shoring up the defence and moving a few of those draws from last season into wins. A few of those were last minute sickeners and you were only 9 points off 6th!

Looking forward to next season!

I've spent hours on the Summer transfer market already mate and missed out on a few key targets already so it's proving frustrating....but I'm soldiering on through and getting some good business done. All will be revealed shortly!

Great story :)
Hoping for a better season and I was anxious to see what you was going to be given for a budget.
Good luck for the season ahead.

Transfer Window

TRANSFER-CENTRE-STILL-AUG13_2977398.jpg

I am deep into July and about half way through out pre season campaign at the moment, but there has been a **** of a lot of transfer business both in and out so I thought I'd provide an update...

Firstly, let's take a look at my missed targets

Kemar Roofe - ST - Leeds - Fee agreed of £8.75 million - Player refused to discuss terms as he has just signed a new contract with Leeds
Jack Grealish - AMC - Couldn't agree fee with Aston Villa - They wanted more than £16 million for him but I was only willing to pay up to £12 million
Kieran Tierney - LB - Agreed fee with Celtic of £20.5 million - Player opted for a move to Chelsea instead
Maximiliano Gomez - ST - Agreed fee of £29 million with Celta Vigo - Player opted for a move to West Ham instead
Donny van den Beek - MC - Agreed fee of £15 million with Ajax - Couldn't agree personal terms with player. He wanted a minimum of £110k per week salary and I wasn't prepared to give him that
Aaron Cresswell - LB - Agreed fee of £22.5 million with West Ham - Couldn't agree personal terms with player. My wage budget restricted me to offering a maximum of £54k p/w to him at the time, but he wanted well over £90k
Alex Telles - LB - Agreed fee of £38 million with Porto - Player didn't want to discuss terms with us as he has just signed a new contract
Nicolas Tagliafico - LB - Agreed fee of £17 million with Ajax - Couldn't agree personal terms with player, as I wasn't willing to pay him the £90k p/w he wanted. He's only on £9k p/w at Ajax the **** taking *******
Ander Herrera - MC - Was released by Manchester United and available on a free transfer - Offered a contract but player opted to join AS Monaco instead

Now for the
outgoing transfers

attachment.php

Outgoing;Phil Jagielka, Ashley Williams and Leighton Baines were all getting on a bit and eating up major chunks of my wage budget, so they have all been released with their contracts not being renewed. It immediately saves me over £150k on the wage bill!

attachment.php

Outgoing; It's fair to say that Cenk Tosun massively underperformed last season and his return of 5 goals in 27 games was pretty shocking. I'm not looking to carry anyone in this team so he was transfer listed as soon as the window opened! When Cardiff came in and were willing to stump up £20 million for him, I bit their hand off! Not sorry to see the back of him at all and well pleased to bank a nice cash sum which will no doubt go towards his replacement!

attachment.php

Outgoing; I managed to rake in another £7.5 million for defensive midfielder, Mo Besic. He was out on loan with Middlesbrough last season and didn't exactly set the world alight in the Championship, so I had my doubts at whether he would be able to make an impact for us! He moves to South Korea to join Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC.

attachment.php

Outgoing; Another player that returned from a loan spell was striker, Oumar Niasse, who spent last season with Cardiff. He'd only managed 1 goal and 1 assist in 14 games for them last year, so hadn't done anywhere near enough to convince me to keep him around. He moves to FC Utrecht in Holland for £3.1 million.

attachment.php

Outgoing; Not a player I was expecting to sell this Summer, but Manchester United came in and offered me stupid money for Tom Davies who at the moment is a decidedly average player! Granted he is only 21 years old and could massively improve, but I just couldn't turn down £38 million for him!! United will pay £22 million up front, with a further £16 million coming in installments over the next 3 years!

attachment.php

Outgoing; Another £6.75 million was raised through the sale of Yannick Bolasie, a player that I really don't deem good enough for us and who was eating up a whopping £75k per week! He moves to Turkey, signing for Fenerbahce.

attachment.php

Outgoing; Crystal Palace snap up another player from us as they sign Kevin Mirallas for £4.1 million. We have much better options in the squad in the positions that Kevin plays and he was deemed surplus to requirements.

attachment.php

Outgoing;Sandro was a massive wage of £120k per week and although he did have some potential to get some game time here this season, I felt it was better to spend that wage elsewhere. So I have moved him on to Newcastle who were willing to stump up £12 million to secure his services!

attachment.php

Outgoing Loan; I tried to move Mason Holgate on but nobody wanted to pay any cash for him, so I've allowed him to go to West Brom on loan for the season and at least it gets his £25k p/w salary off the wage bill as they will cover it for the duration of the loan.

attachment.php

Outgoing Loan; Crystal Palace have promised to give 20 year old Beni Baningime some playing time this year as a rotation player, so I was happy to let him go there to continue his development for the season!

And now for the
new signings...

attachment.php

Incoming; My first signing of the Summer was 25 year old Danish winger, Viktor Fischer, who joins from FC Kobenhavn! He was highly recommended by my scouts and I didn't have to break the bank to get him in either with him costing us only £12.5 million (£7 million up front with £5.5 million in installments over 2 years). Fischer can play multiple positions in attack, has a great first touch and is a talented dribbler on the ball....looking forward to seeing him play!

attachment.php

Incoming; Welcome the return of Ross Barkley!! After a relatively average spell with Chelsea, I'm really pleased to bring Ross back to Everton where he will become a key figure again and hopefully recapture his best form! I picked him up for only £13.5 million as well which is a bargain (£6.5 million up front with another £7 million in installments over 2 years)! Glad to add another English player to the ranks as well....something I will be focusing on in every window as I look to build a good core of Englishmen in the team!

attachment.php

Incoming; After missing out on Maximiliano Gomez, it left me still searching for a big striker to come in and be our main man up front! The player I turned to is Celtic's Odsonne Edouard who joins us for a fee of £19.75 million (£16.25 million up front with £3.5 million following in installments over the next 2 years). Edouard's will also earn Celtic more money if he plays 50 league games for us (£1.6 million), scores 20 league goals (£1.2 million) and scores 40 league goals (£800k). Personally, I think I've got him at a fantastic price and at the age of 21, he could go on to be a world class player yet!! Even better, he joined for a pretty low wage of only £54k p/w, although he will earn £20k for every goal he scores!

attachment.php

Incoming; With Phil Jagielka and Ashley Williams both leaving the club, I needed to add another centre back to the ranks, and I was keen to get myself an English player. So I've spent £19 million bringing Jamaal Lascelles in from Newcastle, plus they'll get another £2.5 million when he's played 40 league games for us! Lascelles is a big strong centre back with some great attributes and at 25 years old, he can be a key player for us for a few seasons yet! It's a bit of a risky one as he's cost us a hefty transfer fee, but I have faith he will do the business and help sure up that defence of ours!

attachment.php

Incoming; Another English centre back followed Lascelles into the club as I sign Lewis Dunk from Brighton! Another player that I am sure will solidify that leaky defence from last year and I feel I have four really good options at centre back now with Dunk, Lascelles, Mina and Keane! Lewis didn't come cheap though and I have paid £19.5 million to bring him to the club (£13.5 million up front with another £6 million being paid in installments over the next 2 years).

attachment.php

Incoming; After Leighton Baines left the club this Summer, I needed a backup left back for Lucas Digne. Again, with my focus on bringing more English players to the club, I am delighted to welcome Charlie Taylor who joins from Burnley for only £8 million. He's a good player, was happy to take a backup squad status and signs a deal worth only £20.5k per week, so he's cheap too! All round winner this signing for me!

Last edited:
Some nice signings there mate, shame you missed out on some of the other ones! Looking forward to seeing how they all settle in

Big moves in the summer. Do you see Antonee Robinson ever getting into the first team?

Big moves in the summer. Do you see Antonee Robinson ever getting into the first team?

At the moment he's definitely not good enough, so I've sent him out on loan to Swansea for this season to see how he gets on. When he returns he'll be 22 so it'll be time for me to make a decision on him. If he has a good season in the Championship then I may give him a chance....if he doesn't then he's likely to be put up for sale!

835794454.jpg.0.jpg

Thursday 8th August 2019
'Pre Season'

transfer-centre-320x196.jpg

attachment.php

Outgoing; I've managed to move on one of our players from the reserves who was taking home £15k per week on the wage bill. Shani Tarashaj had no chance of getting anywhere near the first team squad and I think I've negotiated a good deal to get £3.4 million out of Grasshopper Zurich for him! It may even rise to £5 million with add ons!

attachment.php

Incoming; Always looking to build for the future, I have signed 16 year old English centre back Craig Scott-Gilmour from Middlesbrough. He looks like he could have a bright future ahead of him and although it was a risk to fork out £3.2 million for such a young and unknown player, I think the risk could pay off in the long run....and if he doesn't become good enough for us then he hopefully should at least become good enough that I'll recoup that transfer fee back in the future.

attachment.php

Incoming Transfer & Outgoing Loan; Middlesbrough lose their second promising youngster of the transfer window to us, as we meet Jack Clarke's minimum fee release clause of £8.75 million to bring him to Goodison Park. The 18 year old English winger looks like a very good player already and can become a future star for both us and the England national team...I hope! And if that's the case then the £8.75 million I've paid for him will be an absolte steal! With BREXIT around the corner, the value of English players will go through the roof over coming years and this lad could be a potential £50 million+ transfer in the future! As part of the transfer to sign Jack Clarke, I agreed that Middlesbrough could have him back on loan for this season! He will be a first team regular there and Boro have a decent facilities setup so he should be able to continue his development effectively, playing football at a decent level!

attachment.php

That's the transfer business for the Summer done now which leaves me about £6 million in the kitty! It was my aim to bring the wage bill down this Summer and I have failed in that, although I am still well under the budget available so there's not too much to be worried about!

attachment.php

The bank balance looks a bit sorry for itself at over £20 million in the red, but the board don't seem concerned and as long as bring in decent prize money at the end of the season and a nice big sponsorship payment again, I think we'll be fine! Also, Bernard is due to return from his loan at Cruzeiro in December, so I'm likely to offload him for a decent chunk in the January window as well!

220px-Everton_FC_logo.svg.png

attachment.php

We've dropped down 3 places in the European rankings.

attachment.php

A big decision as I decide to give new signing, Jamaal Lascelles, the captain's armband!

attachment.php

A final reminder from the board of what they expect this season...Pretty much a carbon copy of last season!

attachment.php

We will kick off the new season with the same fixture as last season...Tottenham away...a game we won 4-1 last year, let's hope for the same again!

attachment.php

We sit just inside the top 10 on matchday and ticket revenue generated over the past year!

attachment.php

With the new season upon us, the bookies have pretty much followed suit with last year's predictions. We are again predicted a 7th place finish at 35/1 odds for the title.

attachment.php

I wonder how many seasons it will take me to get a player in the media dream 11?

attachment.php

The pre season friendlies went well enough, winning every game but one! We recorded a massive 11-0 victory out on our tour of Hong Kong and capped off the friendlies with Seamus Coleman's testimonial against Rangers which was a thrilling 3-3 draw.

attachment.php

After a bit of playing around throughout pre season this is likely to be my initial setup for the start of the season. Anyone that has followed me on here before will know that I always create and use my own tactics and never use downloaded 'power' tactics in order to cheat the game. I have nothing against anyone who does this but personally it just takes the fun out of the game for me and I lose the sense of achievement! As you'll notice I have really drilled down into every player this Summer and virtually every player in the side has their own role and set instructions depending on their skill set and strengths! Yep, I've gone proper micro management and trying to develop each player on an individual level!

Monday 23rd September 2019

1_JS167385560.jpg

Seamus Coleman

Monday 23rd September 2019
'Recovering Extremely Well From An Opening Day Defeat'

transfer-centre-320x196.jpg

attachment.php

Outgoing; One last bit of transfer business as I offload Henry Onyekuru to Ajax for £9.5 million. I wanted to keep the 22 year old winger around for a bit, but he couldn't get a work permit so I decided to stick him up for sale and wish him all the best in Holland!

220px-Everton_FC_logo.svg.png

attachment.php

I would imagine 32,000 is our limit for season tickets and will sell out year on year!

attachment.php

Our commercial income is above the average in the league which is good, although we are still some way off some of the big boys!

attachment.php

Matchday 1
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson (Vlasic 70), Barkley (McCarthy 63), Pavon, Fischer (Richarlison 63), Edouard

We kick off the season with a defeat away at Spurs. I hold my hands up and admit I got my half time team talk all wrong today, as we were very much in the game at half time and matched Tottenham in the first half no problem, but the second half they just completely overran us and we didn't compete at all! Both their goals were absolute bangers from well outside the box so I can't have too many complaints about the defending, and one positive to take was Richarlison scoring on the opening day as he looks to prove to me he is worthy of a place in the team this year!

attachment.php

Matchday 2
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina (Dunk 73), Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley*, Pavon, Fischer (Richarlison 68), Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 68)

Watford kicked off their season with a win over Manchester City so we knew confidence would be high with them, but we had a point to prove after the Spurs defeat! Welcome home Ross Barkley who scored a stunning goal to set us on our way as he ran at the Watford defence from the halfway line, before beautifully curling his strike into the top corner from just outside the box! Good to see Edouard getting a home debut goal as well!

attachment.php

Richarlison picks up an injury in training that will see him miss around a month of action!

attachment.php

Matchday 3
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne (Taylor 76), Gueye, Vlasic (Schneiderlin 76), Barkley, Pavon*, Fischer, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 34)

Back to back wins as we go to Leicester and secure a good victory! It was the wide men that made the difference here with both Fischer and Pavon getting on the scoresheet!

attachment.php

New striker, Odsonne Edouard, will sit out for a few weeks after going off injured against Leicester.

attachment.php

Matchday 4
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Schneiderlin (Vlasic 51), Barkley, Pavon*, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin

Wolves beat us twice in the league last year, so this was definitely an improvement, but it was still gutting to concede such a late equalizer, especially with a Liverpool loanee scoring! Cristian Pavon was on top form and took both of his goal really well!

attachment.php

Matchday 5
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles, Mina, Taylor, Gueye, Vlasic (Sigurdsson 75), Barkley, Pavon (Lookman 75), Fischer*, Calvert-Lewin

We absolutely battered Stoke for 90 minutes here and the only shock was the fact we only scored a single goal. However, due to a sturdy defensive performance, that one goal was enough to secure another win!

attachment.php

Matchday 6
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles (Dunk 45), Mina, Taylor, Gueye (McCarthy 61), Vlasic, Barkley*, Walcott, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin (Edouard 79)

A really easy win against newly promoted Cardiff and we were always in control of this one, smashing 5 goals past them in the process. Viktor Fischer seems to have settled in here really quickly and notched up his 3rd and 4th goals of the season already, in just 6 games!

attachment.php

Following the opening day defeat to Tottenham, we have strung together a five game unbeaten run and made a very good start to this year's campaign, with 13 points leaving us 4th in the table at this early stage! It's an improvement on last season when we had 10 points after the opening 6 matches! Meanwhile, it's been stuttering starts for some of the big boys including Chelsea, Spurs and Manchester United who have all lost 2 or 3 games already!

EFL-Cup-Carabao.png

attachment.php

2nd Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Lascelles, Keane, Digne (Taylor 45), McCarthy, Vlasic, Barkley* (Schneiderlin 68), Lookman, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin (Adedoyin 68)

Ross Barkley turned in an exceptional performance to ensure that we at least made it through one round of the Carabao Cup this season! I managed to rotate the squad a little for this one and we still dominated the game and recorded a comfortable victory!

attachment.php

A tough trip to Old Trafford for the next round and we'll have to be at our best to progress!

Player Watch

attachment.php

A flying start to life in England for Viktor Fischer as he has bagged 4 goals, 2 assists and a man of the match in his opening 7 games for the club! Well done son!

Tuesday 5th November 2019

1144119875.jpg.0.jpg

Cristian Pavon

Tuesday 5th November 2019
'Two Big Scalps In The Cup & Going Well Enough In The League'

EFL-Cup-Carabao.png

attachment.php

3rd Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Kenny, Lascelles, Dunk, Taylor, McCarthy, Sigurdsson*, Barkley, Pavon, Fischer (Richarlison 66), Calvert-Lewin (Edouard 66)

Get in there lads!! We took a strong team to Old Trafford as our statement of intent that we were taking this tie seriously and wanted to get through. As it turns out, United also played a strong side, but we still managed to come out on top and progress to the next round! They were the better side for large periods but we weathered the storm when we needed to, defended well, and took our chances to secure a big victory!

attachment.php

4th Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Lascelles, Keane, Taylor (Digne 68), Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 59), Pavon, Fischer, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 59)

There was no letting up as we faced Arsenal at The Emirates in the next round, and again I fielded a pretty strong side! Arsenal still looked strong on paper, but were giving run outs to 4 youngsters! Despite that, they were still able to hold us to a draw in 90 minutes and take the game to a penalty shootout, where five perfect pens saw us through to the next round! With the scalps of Manchester United and Arsenal both claimed, surely we deserve a better draw in the next round?!

attachment.php

But nope, the balls were not on our side, as we get another away draw and this time it's Chelsea up in the quarter final!! How's your luck?!

attachment.php

Just before we kicked off our next league game, Richarlison picked up another injury that sees him miss another month! Shame as he'd only just returned from his previous injury!

attachment.php

Matchday 7
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles, Mina (Dunk 45), Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon, Fischer*, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 45)

Fulham have made a flying start to this season and sat 5th at kick off, but they were no match for us here as we dominated them and brought them back down to earth a bit! Both our wide men, Fischer and Pavon, turned in great performances again as they both got themselves on the scoresheet!

attachment.php

Viktor Fischer takes the Player of the Month award for September, whilst Ross Barkley also seems to be enjoying life back on Merseyside and came third!

attachment.php

Matchday 8
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 45), Pavon, Fischer, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 45)

Our defending in the first half was a bit shoddy here and Manchester United took full advantage, gaining revenge for knocking them out of the Carabao Cup! This was by far the worst we've played so far this season and I hope we can bounce straight back!

attachment.php

Matchday 9
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford*, Kenny, Lascelles, Keane, Digne, McCarthy (Schneiderlin 63), Vlasic, Barkley, Walcott, Pavon (Fischer 63), Calvert-Lewin (Edouard 79)

And we did bounce back immediately with a win away at a 6th placed West Ham, who'd made a promising start to their season! The Hammers will feel slightly aggrieved not to have taken anything from this game as they were the better side over 90 minutes, but we'll take it all day long! Theo Walcott was handed a start and got the winner with a powerful effort into the roof of the net after a well worked team move!

attachment.php

Jordan Pickford picked up a minor injury that would see him miss a couple of games!

attachment.php

Matchday 10
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Coleman, Lascelles, Keane, Taylor (Digne 78), Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon (Walcott 78), Fischer, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 78)

Chelsea have made a stuttering start to their league campaign and they weren't exactly inspiring here either! However, it looked like they were going to win the game for a long time as we squandered chance after chance after chance to get ourselves back in the game....until young Calvert-Lewin came off the bench and netted a brilliant injury time equalizer to earn us a well deserved point!

attachment.php

Lewis Dunk was the latest player to pick up an injury that would keep him on the sidelines for a few weeks!

attachment.php

Matchday 11
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Stekelenburg, Kenny, Mina, Keane (Lascelles 63), Taylor, McCarthy, Vlasic, Barkley, Pavon, Richarlison (Fischer 63), Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 63)

Nothing went right for us here and we were pretty poor in all fairness! I had to make some changes as this game came just 3 days after the Arsenal Carabao Cup fixture, and I think in all honesty we really missed Lascelles for the first hour! Typically, it was ****** Sandro who came back to haunt us scoring both of Newcastle's goals!

attachment.php

We sit nicely in amongst the European qualification spots after 11 games and are about 5 points ahead of where we were at this stage of last season, so there has definitely been some improvement! Liverpool and Arsenal lead the way and already look to be opening up a small gap to the chasing pack, whilst Cardiff, Stoke and Watford are the only three teams remaining on single points!

Player Watch

attachment.php

It's been a happy homecoming so far for Ross Barkley as he has settled right back in at the club! He has 5 goals and 3 asissts to his name already this season and is maintaining a decent average rating of 7.21 as well! Great to have you back Ross!

Tuesday 24th December 2019

Theo-Walcott-912851.jpg

Theo Walcott

Tuesday 24th December 2019
'A Really Tough Run Of Fixtures'

attachment.php

Prior to this decision from the board, I still had £12 million in the transfer kitty and over £150k left in the wage budget. It seems that board don't want me doing any business this Winter though!

attachment.php

Matchday 12
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina, Taylor, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Vlasic* (Barkley 90), Pavon (Walcott 64), Fischer, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 64)

A much better performance against Leeds and mission accomplished as we record a comfortable win over the newly promoted side! In all fairness, they did half the job for us as they scored both our first two goals, but who's complaining....well apart from the Leeds fans?! Nikola Vlasic rounded off the scoring with his 1st goal of the season and it was a cracker as he curled home from 25 yards!

attachment.php

Matchday 13
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Keane (Mina 62), Taylor (Digne 62), Gueye (McCarthy 77), Sigurdsson*, Barkley, Pavon, Richarlison, Edouard

Great character showed from my lads today as we twice fight back to earn a draw away at high flying Bournemouth. Eddie Howe continues to work wonders with the south coast side and they sit 4th in the league after 13 games, so this was a decent result. We came close to nicking it late on with Sigurdsson and Richarlison both seeing efforts fizz just wide of the post!

attachment.php

Matchday 14
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina, Digne (Taylor 63), Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon, Fischer (Richarlison 63), Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 77)

We were actually really unlucky to lose to The **** here, as we had more possession and double the amount of shots on goal as them! Unfortunately, they have some absolute world class players who can turn a game on it's head at the click of their fingers and that was the difference!

attachment.php

Our main ball winner in the defensive midfield role will now miss around a month through injury! We'll miss him over the busy Christmas period that's for sure!

attachment.php

Matchday 15
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk (Mina 67), Digne, McCarthy (Schneiderlin 67), Sigurdsson, Barkley, Walcott, Fischer (Richarlison 67), Edouard

A rainy, Wednesday night in Liverpool was the setting for the first Merseyside Derby of the season and again we come away from it with nothing! For the first half an hour we were great and could have potentially been 2 or 3 in front, but once they got their equalizer, it was one way traffic and in the second half they were just too strong for us! It pains me to say it, but Liverpool's attacking force is just sensational and has to be one of the best attacking units in the world!!

attachment.php

Matchday 16
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, McCarthy, Vlasic, Barkley, Walcott, Richarlison*, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 73)

After tough fixtures against Arsenal and Liverpool, we had to treat this match as a must win! And win we did in emphatic style as we put 4 past a struggling Brighton side, with both Richarlison and Edouard bagging a brace each!

attachment.php

Matchday 17
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Kenny, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, McCarthy, Sigurdsson, Vlasic (Barkley 72), Pavon (Walcott 72), Richarlison*, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 72)

The officials changed the course of the game here as we should have had a stone cold penalty 4 minutes into the 2nd half that wasn't given, and then they handed City a very soft one which gave them the opportunity to score the winning goal! We feel a bit hard done by and have every right to feel we deserved something out of the game as we matched City all over the pitch for the full 90 minutes!

attachment.php

Matchday 18
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, McCarthy, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 68), Pavon (Walcott 68), Richarlison*, Edouard

Tottenham have definitely been one of the most disappointing sides in this entire save so far and again find themselves in the bottom half of the table as we approach the halfway stage of this season! And we piled on the misery for them as we gave them a footballing lesson here and gained some revenge for that opening day defeat earlier in the season! Richarlison is looking like a completely different player this year and bagged his 3rd league man of the match award in a row!

attachment.php

Unfortunately, we lose Richarlison for the busy Xmas and New Year period!

attachment.php

As we approach the half way stage of the season, we are sitting just outside but very much in touch with the top 6! We've had a really tough run of fixtures lately, playing a lot of the big boys consecutively, so to stay in touch is a massive achievement! Hopefully, with a run of easier fixtures on the horizon, we can strong together some good results and shoot back into European qualification contention!

Nuno Espirito Santo was sacked by Tottenham. No replacement has been hired yet!
Chelsea sacked Maurizio Sarri, but are yet to hire a replacement!
Watford sacked Javi Gracia, replacing him with Mauricio Pellegrino!

EFL-Cup-Carabao.png

attachment.php

Quarter Final
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne (Taylor 78), McCarthy, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 78), Walcott, Richarlison (Fischer 78), Edouard

After dumping Man Utd and Arsenal out of this competition already, I felt the need to again field a strong team in the hope we could claim another major scalp, whilst Chelsea also came in at full strength and seem to be taking the competition seriously! Lewis Dunk's own goal was disappointing as a mix up between him and Jordan Pickford, saw the centre back literally pass the ball into the back of his own net! Kante doubled Chelsea's lead shortly after the break with a powerful shot from distance and there was no real way back for us from there! I feel we have done ourselves very proud in this competition this year and have a right to feel hard done by with the draw we was given in each round.

the_efac_logo_02.png

attachment.php

We go away to Doncaster Rovers in the 3rd round of the FA Cup! A game I should be able to give a run out to a couple of youngsters and still get the win!

Player Watch

attachment.php

I came very close to offering Richarlison up for transfer in the Summer after his disappointing campaign last year, but **** I'm glad I didn't! He looks like a different player this year and is excelling in a more defined role on the left wing, scoring 7 goals in 11 appearances so far this season! It's just a shame he has picked up 3 minor injuries already this year which has seen him miss a lot of games!

I just took Truro City up to the Premier League from National League South in just under 10 seasons and they finished 9th in first season! Nice to see you progress well!