fbl-eng-facup-arsenal-man-utd-5d4d9e516948d99b50000001.jpg

Anthony Martial

Monday 19th October 2020
'**** Poor In The League, Great In The Cups'

135px-Europa_League.svg.png

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 1
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Gueye (Baningime 45), Palacios, Barkley, Clarke*, Richarlison (Pavon 70), Edouard (Martial 70)

We were absolutely rampant in our first venture into the Europa League under my management and recorded a massive win over our Turkish opponents! What a way to kick start the group and send out a statement of intent that we're not here to just make up the number in Europe this year! Jack Clarke and Mitchell Weiser both bagged their first goals for the club!

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 2
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles (Mina 45), Dunk, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Barkley, Clarke (Pavon 62), Martial (Richarlison 45), Edouard*

Another solid performance in our first home game in Europe as we beat the second best team in our group with relative ease! Four different players got in on the goalscoring act as we make it an incredible 13 goals scored in just 2 games in the Europa League, with Odsonne Edouard bagging a brilliant hat trick!

English%20Premier%20League_0.png

attachment.php

Matchday 7
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Pavon (Clarke 78), Richarlison (Edouard 78), Martial

Spurs have made a much more encouraging start to this season than they did in the previous 2 and looked like a much better side here as well! Martial got us off to a perfect start, slotting home a penalty, before Pickford made a real hash of Christian Eriksen's free kick to allow them to equalize! From that moment, it was end to end stuff and looked like anyone's game! On 67 minutes, Richarlison came so close to putting us back in front as his shot struck the bottom of the post, before Wilf Zaha nicked all 3 points for them in injury time as we were caught short at the back! Disappointing that a lack of concentration from my lads left us in a situation where they were 3 on 1 so late in the game and literally just had to pass the ball into the back of the net!

attachment.php

Matchday 8
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Vlasic (Palacios 61), Pavon (Clarke 45), Martial, Richarlison (Edouard 45)

**** poor performance from us in a game I'd definitely expect us to win! We were absolutely terrible and the lads got a severe bollocking at the final whistle as I made my feelings clear! I was actually livid after this one as this was possibly the worst we've ever played under my management!

attachment.php

Matchday 9
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Vlasic, Clarke (Pavon 62), Martial*, Richarlison (Edouard 62)

After our recent poor run of form in the league and the disastrous performance against Newcastle last time out, this became a must win game for us! So I demanded a good display from my lads and they duly delivered to be fair to them! Anthony Martial orchestrated virtually everything we did in attack as he was on fire and inspired us to a comfortable home victory!

attachment.php

Odsonne Edouard picked up an injury on international duty with the France U21 squad that will keep him out for a few weeks!

attachment.php

Matchday 10
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Vlasic (Barkley 64), Clarke (Pavon 64), Martial, Calvert-Lewin

I really expected us to push on from the Brighton game and win this one as well, but again we suffer another defeat and put in a lacklustre performance! Another bad result as our league form continues to falter!

attachment.php

There's only one way to describe our league form so far this year....not ****** good enough! I'm not sure if we're struggling to balance domestic and European football or whether we have just been **** or what is is, but it needs to improve quickly or the top 6 will be out of reach very early on in the season!

EFL-Cup-Carabao.png

attachment.php

3rd Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman*, Mina, Dunk, Robinson, Baningime (Thuram 63), Palacios, Barkley, Clarke, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin (Martial 63)

The Carabao Cup will need to be used to rotate players this season and I was prepared to sacrifice our place in the competition to do so. However, we march on with a win over Leicester here after fighting back from a goal down! Antonee Robinson was handed a debut at left back, whilst Viktor Fischer, Beni Baningime and Dominic Calvert-Lewin were also handed their first starts of the season!

attachment.php

The Gooners are up next!

Last edited:
Big improvements needed on the pitch mate. Certain individuals letting you down? Or do you think its more down to the team as a whole?

Friday 27th November 2020

TELEMMGLPICT000179803155_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqFPFhL3U3M1c3Nuhj1mJa5_mtfuckMyTWVigemdQscxE.jpeg

Yerry Mina

Friday 27th November 2020
'League Form Still Patchy, But We're Simply Awesome In Europe'

attachment.php

I was asked in the post above by Travis Comery if I can pinpoint the reason for our poor league form this season so far, so I've done some digging to try to work it out! One thing I can say is that the team as a whole have good average ratings with most of the lads recording above 7.0 so far this season, so individually they are doing a decent job!

attachment.php

There's no cause for concern with the squad dynamics either, with team cohesion being very good and the dressing room atmosphere being OK.

attachment.php

I do have 3 unhappy players, but none of them are team leaders within the squad and shouldn't cause so much disruption that it would effect our form!

attachment.php

We've conceded a fair few goals this season already and I think I may have found the issue. When I compare our defenders stats against the rest of the league, I can see that we are well below par against all the other teams. Our pace at the back is decent as our defenders are rated 6th for pace and 3rd for acceleration amongst the Premier League teams. However, our standings in the other areas read as such; Tackling (10th), Heading (13th), Jumping Reach (14th), Marking (18th), Positioning (13th), Strength (16th)! So basically, I need to improve my back 4 would seem to be the answer!

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 3
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Dunk, Digne, Thuram (Baningime 81), Palacios (Sigurdsson 45), Barkley, Pavon, Fischer, Martial* (Calvert-Lewin 45)

WOW! I was expecting a tougher game out in Russia, but we were again on absolute fire in Europe and smashed home another 6 goals!! We're making waves around Europe and I know this is the lesser of the two European cups, but surely everyone has to be talking about our performances in the competition this season! Anthony Martial hammered home a first half hat trick to take another man of the match award!

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 4
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Mina (Dunk 78), Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Phillip, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin*

With us having won 3 of 3 so far in the group, I decided to rotate the squad a little here, leaving out the likes of Martial, Richarlison and Palacios, and even handed a debut to 17 year old winger, Carl Phillip! The youngster made an immediate impact as it was his through ball that set up Dominic Calvert-Lewin for our opening goal and Phillip had chalked up an assist within 20 minutes of his debut! Viktor Fischer sealed victory for us late on with a beautifully curled shot from just inside the 18 yard box that tucked neatly into the top right corner of the net!

attachment.php

With two group stage matches still remaining, we have sealed qualification to the knockout stages of the competition.

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 5
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Weiser, Dunk, Mina, Gibson, Baningime, Palacios*, Vlasic, Clarke, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin

Based on the fact we have already won the group no matter what, I wanted to rest as many players as I could with a Premier League game against Bournemouth only 3 days away! Starts were handed to 19 year old keeper, Nicolas Hansen, 20 year old left back Lewis Gibson and 22 year old Beni Baningime in the DM role. I also started the game with three 16/17 year olds on the bench in Gabriel Maragh (AML), Carl Phillip (AMR) and Tom Davidson (ST). All the youngsters featured at some point as well as we cruised to a comfortable 4-0 win!

attachment.php

Tom Davidson's appearance off the bench makes him the club's youngest ever player!

attachment.php

Matchday 11
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Dunk, Digne*, Thuram (Baningime 72), Sigurdsson, Palacios, Clarke (Pavon 58), Vlasic, Martial (Calvert-Lewin 58)

I was a little worried going into this fixture as it came only a couple of days after our Europa League match against Lokomotiv Moscow. After spending most of the week prior travelling to and from Russia, we'd not had much time to prepare for this one and our league form has been suspect of late to say the least! However, we produced a decent enough showing and picked up a much needed 3 points!

attachment.php

Matchday 12
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina, Taylor (Digne 43), Thuram, Palacios, Barkley (Sigurdsson 62), Clarke, Fischer (Richarlison 62), Martial

Another absolutely dreadful result in the Premier League as we lose away at Fulham! This could be the worse one yet and I'm starting to worry about the board and fans starting to get on my back if this form keeps up much longer!

attachment.php

Charlie Taylor made his first appearance of the season against Fulham, but was forced off with another injury before half time. He will now miss another couple of months!

attachment.php

Matchday 13
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Barkley* (Vlasic 62), Pavon, Martial (Richarlison 62), Edouard

Huddersfield have made a decent start to their campaign and sat 10th at kick off, but we knew we could leapfrog them and propel ourselves into the top half with a win! And that's exactly what we did!

attachment.php

Matchday 14
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne*, Gueye, Sigurdssson, Vlasic, Pavon, Richarlison (Fischer 75), Edouard (Martial 75)

Defensively we've been a bit all over the place this year in the league, but here we were fantastic and held Chelsea to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge! A good result away from home, and it's definitely the back 4 we have to thank for this point today!

attachment.php

Our league form is still leaving something to be desired and we remain just inside the top half of the table, but still 5 points off the top 6! With a break coming up in European football for a couple of months, we need to really knuckle down domestically and string together some good results to get ourselves back in contention for European qualification again!

EFL-Cup-Carabao.png

attachment.php

4th Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Baningime (Gueye 45), Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon, Fischer, Martial (Calvert-Lewin 45)

This was our 3rd game in a matter of 7 days and it showed as the lads looked fatigued! It didn't help that Arsenal brought a full strength side as it seems they are taking this competition more seriously than us this year (or they were just desperate for revenge for us knocking them out last year). Patrick Cutrone was a bit of a beast up front for them and his hat trick saw them through as he tore our defence apart!

Player Watch

attachment.php

Jordan Pickford is a world class keeper, there's no doubt about that! However, his league form this year has taken a little bit of a dive and he has made a couple of silly mistakes that have cost us! In the Summer, he did mention that he might be looking for a new challenge with a bigger club at some point and I have to wonder if his heart isn't in the Everton badge anymore. Or it could just be that Stekelenburg retired and I didn't bring in another keeper, deciding instead to use my young keepers as backups...maybe Pickford doesn't see genuine competition for his place in the side and is taking it easy! Not sure, but I definitely need to get the best out of my keeper if we are going to improve our league form and fast!

Hey mate, just wanted to address how much of an amazing story this has been! I've taken some inspiration from it with my Hull save and have adopted a similar style - hope you don't mind! Great job, keep it up! An amazing read.

Hey mate, just wanted to address how much of an amazing story this has been! I've taken some inspiration from it with my Hull save and have adopted a similar style - hope you don't mind! Great job, keep it up! An amazing read.

Thanks mate, appreciate that! And feel free to adopt ideas into your own story, I only take it as a compliment!

Monday 28th December 2020

1541515685_956222_1541515766_noticia_normal.jpg

Exequiel Palacios

Monday 28th December 2020
'On The Verge Of The Sack'

attachment.php

The work on the club's youth facilities have now been completed, meaning that we have a state of the art youth setup here now!

attachment.php

Matchday 15
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Dunk (Lascelles 61), Mina, Digne, Thuram, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 61), Clarke*, Martial, Edouard (Richarlison 61)

Bournemouth have been brilliant over the past 2 seasons finishing 7th and 6th, but this year they look set to be embroiled in a relegation battle as they came into this game in 17th place with only 11 points! However, we're pretty **** in the league this year and some shocking defending cost us dear again here as we twice threw away the lead and fall to defeat on the south coast!

attachment.php

My Assistant Manager seems to have given up on this season already!!

attachment.php

Matchday 16
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk*, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley, Pavon, Richarlison (Martial 72), Edouard

"See lads, you can do it!!" That was the message at the full time whistle to my players after a best league performance of the year! We were fantastic here against one of the best teams in the world, let alone the country! Lewis Dunk really shone at the back and it was his header that rattled the crossbar and rebounded off into the path of Odsonne Edouard to score our opener!

attachment.php

****! This is not good! Jordan Pickford is going to miss around a month and a half through injury, and my backups are basically a couple of youngsters from the U23s. Is the decision not to bring a new keeper in during the Summer transfer window about to come back and haunt me?!

attachment.php

Nicolas Hansen is the 19 year old American keeper that's about to get his shot in the big leagues!

attachment.php

Whilst Joao Virginia has been promoted from the U23s temporarily to act as Hansen's backup!

attachment.php

Matchday 17
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Coleman (Weiser 69), Dunk, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley (Vlasic 45), Clarke, Richarlison (Martial 45), Edouard

A valiant effort against The **** and if it wasn't for Granit Xhaka scoring two absolute bangers, we might have won this game! Can't moan at the lads here as they gave it their all and deserved more from the game!

attachment.php

With Zinedine Zidane getting sacked from Chelsea, I'm a little worried to see my name mentioned as one of the favourites to be the next Prem manager getting the chop!

attachment.php

Matchday 18
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Weiser*, Dunk (Lascelles 45), Mina, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Barkley, Clarke (Pavon 75), Martial, Edouard

I really badly needed us to win this game to relieve some pressure on me as my job was now showing on the job security page as insecure! The lads got behind me and produced a decent performance and put a crucial 3 points on the board for us! Now we need to kick on and string together 3 or 4 wins!

attachment.php

Matchday 19
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Weiser (Coleman 64), Dunk, Mina, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Vlasic (Barkley 64), Clarke (Pavon 64), Martial, Edouard

A really boring match for the supporters as both teams struggled to create anything! With a young and inexperienced goalkeeper between the sticks though, they were able to score two of their half chances which gave them the win!

attachment.php

The board wanted an explanation for the poor performance against Southampton and at the end of the meeting, I have been given an ultimatum...get a result in the next game against West Ham or I'm gone!!!

attachment.php

Matchday 20
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk*, Robinson, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon, Richarlison (Vlasic 57), Edouard (Martial 57)

Just how important could that 90th minute winner from Anthony Martial be?! It might just keep me in my ****** job, that's how important!! We were well on top for the whole game and fully deserved the 3 points so I'm glad we eventually got over the line!

attachment.php

I can breathe a big sigh of relief...for now!!

attachment.php

We hold on to 10th position at the moment with our form still being very up and down! With a couple of wins, we could easily move into top 6 contention, but with a couple of losses we could just as easily drop into the bottom 6! The board are losing their patience with me, so lets hope and pray it's the former!

attachment.php

Group Stage Matchday 6
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Weiser, Lascelles (Sent Off 45), Armstrong, Gibson, Baningime, Sigurdsson, Vlasic (Dunk 45), Phillip, Fischer, Calvert-Lewin

Another weakened side was played here and another debut was handed out to 17 year old centre back, George Armstrong! We suffered our first defeat in the competition, but with the first team played and the fact we played half the game with 10 men, there's no shame in it!

attachment.php

We won our group easily, scoring 26 goals in the process! It's Anderlecht who progress to the knockout stages alongside us after beating us in the final group game!

attachment.php

We'll take on Dutch side, Heerenveen, in the first knockout round!

January is going to be a big transfer with you. Need to try and bring in somebody that can change your whole season

Wow, its all getting interesting for you. The Europa League could be your saving grace!! That goal almost certainly secured your fate! Unreal scenes when he scored. Have you considered changing shape?

Wow, its all getting interesting for you. The Europa League could be your saving grace!! That goal almost certainly secured your fate! Unreal scenes when he scored. Have you considered changing shape?

I’ve thought about it mate but the thing is we are actually playing well, good football a lot of the time as well. Just conceding too many goals and I’m convinced it’s because our defenders are not good enough. I’m being stubborn for now and sticking to my guns.

Cant wait for you summer activity!! Lets hope the board give you the opportunity to get things fixed!

Saturday 6th February 2021

950417714.jpg.0.jpg

Jordan Pickford

Saturday 6th February 2021
'I'm Still Here...Just!!'

transfer-centre-320x196.jpg

attachment.php

Bid Rejected; It seems Odsonne Edouard has attracted the interest of Real Madrid and they put in a bid of nearly £30 million! However, that's nowhere near enough to convince me to sell! However, me rejecting the offer definitely has the potential to upset our main man up front...and to be honest I couldn't really blame him right now! I mean, one of the biggest clubs in the world wants you, but instead you are forced to stay at an underachieving mid table side in the Prem....hmmm know how I'd feel about it!

attachment.php

Bid Rejected; On transfer deadline day, Manchester United made several bids as they seemed desperate to bring Ross Barkley to the club. However, I didn't want to let him go and certainly not with only hours of the transfer window remaining as I might not have landed a replacement for him. So the bid was rejected and again I'll probably have to suffer the backlash from Barkley who has immediately brought his discontent to my door complaining that I didn't allow him to move!

attachment.php

Outgoing; Ademola Lookman has hardly got a look in this season, with me having much better options down either wing, so he copped the ump a bit! I can understand it as he is a good player and should be playing regularly, just not for us! He has left the club for a fee of £10.5 million to join Huddersfield and I wish the lad all the best!

attachment.php

Outgoing; I had Kieran Dowell sitting in the U23s on £15k per week, so was keen to offload him and get his wages off the bill as he isn't good enough to get near the starting lineup anytime soon. He leaves for Swansea for a fee of £3.6 million.

attachment.php

Outgoing; Antonee Robinson was also promoted to the first team squad this year, but finds himself behind Digne and Taylor in the pecking order, so it was time to let him go as well! He joins Brighton for a fee of £5.75 million!

attachment.php

Outgoing; Another player offloaded as James McCarthy joins Stoke for £3.8 million (plus £1 million after 50 league appearances). He'd barely played this season and with the likes of Baningime and Thuram coming through in the DM roles, I'd rather focus on their development!

attachment.php

Incoming Loan; There was no doubt I needed to bolster the defence this window, but with funds at an all time low, I could only realistically look at a loan signing! Arsenal have decided Javi Martinez is surplus to requirements but he can definitely do a job for us for the next 6 months at least!

the_efac_logo_02.png

attachment.php

3rd Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Virginia, Weiser, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley*, Clarke (Pavon 19), Martial, Edouard

We fully deserved this victory as we were the much better side throughout the entire game! Newcastle were lucky to even be in it and on another day if we'd have taken our chances better, we could have put 4 or 5 past them easily!

attachment.php

Jack Clarke picked up an injury in the Newcastle game that will see him out for about a month!

attachment.php

4th Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman*, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Thuram, Palacios, Vlasic (Barkley 75), Pavon, Richarlison, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 75)

More Premier League opposition up next in the form of Brighton, and again we cast them aside as we progress to the next round! Although the scoreline suggests a tight game, it was anything but! We had 61% of possession and 23 shots to their 5, so we really should have won by a much bigger margin!

attachment.php

More Premier League opposition in the next round as we invite Norwich to Goodison Park!

attachment.php

Matchday 21
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Weiser (Taylor 34), Lascelles*, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley (Vlasic 72), Pavon, Martial (Fischer 72), Edouard

A solid home win and finally we seem to be stringing together a run of results, after I came so close to losing my job! We were really good here and Leicester simply couldn't match us anywhere on the pitch!

attachment.php

Mitchell Weiser will miss a few weeks through injury after coming off against Leicester!

attachment.php

Matchday 22
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Hansen, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Digne, Martinez, Palacios, Barkley, Pavon, Martial (Fischer 47), Edouard

Just when it looked like we was starting to hit a run of form, we go and lose to bottom side Norwich, who have only won 3 games all ****** season (including this one)! Well, this is massive 'food for thought' for the board who I might have just been starting to win round again!

attachment.php

Matchday 23
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina (Martinez 65), Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley (Vlasic 65), Pavon, Richarlison, Edouard (Calvert-Lewin 65)

Another Merseyside Derby that ends in defeat, but again we have a right to feel hard done by here after matching Liverpool on the stats! We just need to find a way to cope with their world class attack! However, that is now 6 straight Merseyside Derbies without a win for us now!

attachment.php

Matchday 24
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Mina, Digne, Thuram, Vlasic (Palacios 45), Barkley, Pavon, Fischer (Martial 45), Edouard

Oh dear, another defeat, and I can feel the pressure starting to heap down on me from the board again very soon at this rate!

attachment.php

Matchday 25
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley, Clarke*, Martial, Edouard

WOW, where the ****** **** did that come from?? Again, I seemed to be on the verge of the sack after a couple of bad defeats and then we go and thrash Manchester United just to give the board something to think about again and keep me in my job for at least another couple of games again! Our attacking play was out of this world today and was probably the best I've ever seen since I've been at the club!

attachment.php

Matchday 26
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye, Palacios (Vlasic 65), Barkley, Clarke, Martial, Edouard (Richarlison 65)

No changes were made to the starting lineup that had thrashed Manchester United in the previous game as we looked to keep the momentum going against Spurs! But it didn't quite work out that way as we fall to defeat and fail to capitalize on the high we were on from the week before! After being red hot in attack against United, we were surprisingly lacklustre here and the closest we came to scoring was a Ross Barkley free kick that was saved well by Hugo Lloris!

attachment.php

Sitting in 11th place and with a 9 point gap to the top 6, most people will be looking at this and wondering how I'm holding onto my job right now, INCLUDING ME!!! The fact we are still in the Europa League and FA Cup might be my saving grace at the moment and I start to wonder if I need to deliver a trophy this year to keep myself in a job!

Last edited:
What a back and forward season this is turning out to be, just don't seem to string a good run together in the league which is unlike the last couple of seasons. Sure you'll weather the storm and come out fighting next season. Win the Europe league, get into champions league and all will be well :p

You will pull through, just weathering quite a few fixtures. Hopefully a decent run keeps your job safe!

Thanks for the vote of confidence lads. Should hopefully have a new update up tonight

Sunday 28th March 2021

charlie-taylor.jpg

Charlie Taylor

Sunday 28th March 2021
'Top 6 Well Out Of Reach Now, But Still Hope Of Qualifying For Next Year's Europa League'

attachment.php

This year's youth intake is a bitterly disappointing one, without a single player that looks like they could be a future star.

attachment.php

1st Knockout Round 1st Leg
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Martinez, Digne, Gueye (Thuram 65), Palacios, Vlasic (Barkley 65), Clarke, Martial*, Edouard

Awesome stuff in Holland as we smash Heerenveen and all but book our place in the 2nd knockout round of the competition! We were sensational in attack and Martial was on fire as he bagged a perfect hat trick...one with his right foot, one with his left and one with his head!

attachment.php

1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Dunk, Taylor, Thuram, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Pavon, Fischer, Richarlison*

Despite a large amount of rotation amongst the starting lineup, we still managed a very comfortable 3-0 victory in the 2nd leg and cruise through to the next round. A Richarlison hat trick earns him the match ball today, as he shows Anthony Martial that anything he can do, Richarlison can do too!!

attachment.php

2nd Knockout Round 1st Leg
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley (Vlasic 64), Pavon (Clarke 64), Martial, Edouard (Richarlison 64)

Oh dear!! We knew AC Milan would pose a much bigger threat to us, but this was a shocking performance and half my team just didn't turn up! We were awful and without an away goal, it's fair to say we need a minor miracle in the home leg to get through!

attachment.php

2nd Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Mina, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Vlasic*, Clarke, Richarlison, Martial

A much improved performance on the 1st leg and a good win over a very strong side, but the damage was already done and we crash out of the competition!

the_efac_logo_02.png

attachment.php

5th Round
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman*, Mina, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Clarke, Martial, Edouard

I really wish we could convert our cup form to the league as again we were brilliant here! We lost to Norwich 3-2 in the league a few weeks ago, but here they couldn't deal with us at all and we dominated them all over the park! Seamus Coleman got us on our way with his first goal of the season, a powerful effort from close range!

attachment.php

Quarter Final
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Mina, Dunk, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Vlasic (Barkley 78), Clarke (Pavon 78), Richarlison (Edouard 78), Martial*

We might have crashed out of the Europa League, but we are still going strong in the FA Cup and we're into the semi final after a magnificent victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge! It was a pretty even game, but we just had that little bit more than the London club on the day and showed we wanted it more than they did!

attachment.php

We'll take on Leicester at Wembley in the semis. Arsenal will play West Ham in the other semi final!

attachment.php

Matchday 27
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye (Thuram 71), Palacios, Barkley (Vlasic 71), Pavon, Martial*, Richarlison (Edouard 71)

There were plenty of rumours flying around before kick off that a bad result for us would see me sacked, but again the lads came up trumps for me as we make it 4 wins in a row in all competitions! We got off to the worst possible start when The Magpies took the lead inside the opening minutes, but my boys showed good character and determination today to grind out a massive win and put 3 much needed points on the board!

attachment.php

Matchday 28
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye (Thuram 59), Palacios (Vlasic 59), Barkley, Pavon, Martial, Richarlison (Edouard 59)

Brighton started this game 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table, and in our current predicament we had to see this as a 'must win' game! But despite having 60% of the possession and 24 shots on goal, we couldn't find the back of the net and suffer one of our worst defeats of the season! As I wave to our fans at the end of the game, fearing the worst, I wonder if this is the last time I will have stepped out onto the pitch as Everton manager!

attachment.php

Matchday 29
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Lascelles, Martinez, Digne, Gueye, Palacios, Barkley, Pavon, Martial*, Edouard (Richarlison 70)

I was as surprised as anyone to be leading the team out against Aston Villa, as I genuinely expected the chop after the Brighton defeat! I pleaded with the lads to fight for me, not just the Everton shirt here! And it seems the boys want me here for a little bit longer at least, as they gave me the performance I asked for a chalked up another hard fought win! Exequiel Palacios scored the pick of the goals as he volleyed home a powerful effort from 25 yards!

attachment.php

Matchday 30
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Coleman, Mina (Lascelles 61), Martinez, Digne, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Barkley (Vlasic 61), Pavon, Martial, Edouard (Richarlison 61)

We were pretty poor and Stoke actually outplayed us at times. Credit has to go to Jordan Pickford for the point we did take from the game as he made some amazing saves throughout and finished up as our highest rated player!

attachment.php

Matchday 31
Formation; 4-1-2-3 Wide
Lineup; Pickford, Weiser, Lascelles (Mina 61), Dunk, Digne (Taylor 61), Gueye, Palacios, Vlasic, Pavon, Richarlison, Martial (Edouard 37)

We were decent going forward, but as has been the case for much of this season our defence was nowhere near good enough and Huddersfield looked like they'd score with every attack. We looked nervy at the back and the team is severely lacking confidence in the defensive side of the game! This was a really bad result and the pressure is mounting again from the board and fans!

attachment.php

I know it's looked very unlikely we'd finish in the top 6 for most of this season, but now it's official that we are a mile off with only 7 league games remaining! Our best hope of qualifying for Europe next year now is to win the FA Cup. And I fear if we dont, I might be out of a job!

Anthony Martial seems to be playing very well for you. I think you need a trophy to keep that seat safe - I hope the board is not irrational.

Anthony Martial seems to be playing very well for you. I think you need a trophy to keep that seat safe - I hope the board is not irrational.

He's been immense to be fair and is probably single handedly keeping me in the job at the moment!