Everton FC: An Ideal Summer

mrjack41

Reaction score
As you may or may not know, Everton, After a disappointing season, both on and off the pitch, Everton are in a Financial crisis. I recommend you read Everton Financial Report If you need to know any more.

Anyway, after such a poor season, evertons status has not that changed, We must sell to buy. This is the way I want things to go, It would get rid of dead wood, and freshen the squad up with some new quality-filled players.

TRANSFERS OUT:

Jack Rodwell - 20m - Huge speculation going round that united are after him, and if they came in with 20m, I would snap their hands off.

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - 5m or the like - Lacks pace, skill, power and confidence, at 9m has been a huge flop in the Prem.

Victor Anichebe - 1m - I'd accept anything for the son of heskey, what a waste of space.

John Heitinga - 9m - Hasn't has a bad season at all, but at the proposed 9m to be offered by Bayern Munich, Its a deal on any day of the week.

Louis Saha - Whatever you can get for him - Altough on his day he's exceptional, he's not on his day enough, and eats chunks out of the wage bill.

Tim Howard - 2m - Although a solid keeper, seems to make mistakes at the wrong times, and Jan mucha is more than a competent replacement.

TOTAL OUTS - 37M​

TRANSFERS IN:

Charles N'zogbia - 10m or the like - The heart of wigan, is a man that can turn a match on it's head with his great dribbling skills.

Sebastian Larsson - Free - Contract coming to an end, and his quality delivery would be something I'd welcome next season.

Nikolas Bendtner - Loan - With a view to sign if performances are good, A solid target man who always seems to score for Arsenal, not a finished article, but definitiely has potential.

Ryan Shawcross - 10m or the like - A great all-round defender, will also provide an attacking outlet from set-pieces, English as well which is a bonus.

Landon Donavon - 9m - After a successful loan spell, Landon's heart is set at Everton, and his exceptional speed is maybe something were currently lacking.

Total IN's - 30m​

The rest of the money can go towards paying off our outstanding debts,although spending alot, were bringing in quality which can get the club moving forward again and maybe attract a buyer.

Opinions and comments welcomed - Jack :)

Can't see you getting Bendtner on loan or Shawcross for only £10mill. Would be interesting to see if Donavon would come to England permanently. Getting N'zogia and price will depend on whether Wigan stay up or not

Nikolas Bendtner - Loan - With a view to sign if performances are good, A solid target man who always seems to score for Arsenal, not a finished article, but definitiely has potential.

Jack :)

You will never get him as he's our 3rd choice forward and will get better

Fair enough, But I can see arsenal bringing in a top-quality striker in the summer, RVP can't seem to score consistently for whole seasons (partly due to injury)

Agree with that. Thing is with Zogbia, he's not really a team player all the time, and can be selfish sometimes. Would like Larsson though. Or even someone like Peter Odemwingie or Wolves Jarvis

Agree with that. Thing is with Zogbia, he's not really a team player all the time, and can be selfish sometimes. Would like Larsson though. Or even someone like Peter Odemwingie or Wolves Jarvis

I'd happily have Jarvis or Odemwingie, but I do think that someone like N'zogbia could be benficial, He effectively runs wigan's attacks single handedly

heard rumours that moyes also wants rodalega. would be a good buy for youse :)

heard rumours that moyes also wants rodalega. would be a good buy for youse :)

Definitely, We've lacked a scoring striker for ages, could be exactly what we're looking for

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

maybe Everton will/should loan Welbeck :/

Yep, after his loan spell at sunderland though they might want to extend that loan?

How do you know Mucha is more than competent?, he's hardly played and looked dodgy in the world cup for Slovakia - i wouldn't sell Howard.

I think Billy and Heitinga have to go - billy is not good enough and I don't think Heitinga wants to play for us.

Yakubu will almost definitely go - good riddance

Shawcross would cost at least £18-20m so that's a no go

We just need a consistent striker, a game changing midfielder and a dependable centre back partner for Jags - Don't know who to suggest, but raiding relegation teams is a good option, so N'zogbia, Jarvis etc not a fan of Rodallega tho

Considering Everton is the team I like the most out of those in the Prem, I'll take the bait and post here.

Baines will probably leave since he's attracted interest from of the big clubs and the club is not really in a position where it can say no. I've read somewhere that City were willing to go over 20m pounds for Baines (I think that's a tad too much, but considering he has like 4 years left...). Same goes for Rodwell, IMO.

Yakubu wants to move permanently to Leicester, so that should bring a few quid too. Billy had flashes of brilliance, but you can't build a team on 'flashes'.

Yobo is out on loan to some turkish team, if he makes the move permanent he should bring some cash too, in which case I'd keep Heitinga. He's not a bad player, but then again, I only get to see Everton every once in a while.

I would like Rodwell to stay - just like Baines - but if a big offer came then I guess the club would have to take it.

About the striker issue - I 'sort of' agree. Saha is expensive and is not consistent, but I doubt many (or any) clubs would pay any serious money for him, or would meet his wage demands. Beckford, to be honest, doesn't really look like a premiership striker to me. He has bagged a few goals (as many as Saha), to be fair to the lad, and some of them have been important ones, but if the club is to improve then he has to play to a higher standard.

And before talking about potential acquisitions, I've heard rumours of some of the youngsters in the team being good, but all I heard was that, rumours. If anyone has data to share, I'd be glad to know :p

Howard for 2Million is nothing. He has had few blunders but overall an excellent GK. I dont think Everton will sell him, for that price no way. And you can't replace him with that amount too.

Shawcross for 10 Million is not possible considering he is English. Have to put another 5-10 Million.

N'Zogbia would be an excellent addition. Yes he is bit selfish but he produces the goods and the type of player he is, he is bound to be selfish.

Personally i would hate to see John Heitinga leaving. Whenever i have watched have impressed with him. Hope he stays.

With 9Million and 2 Million for John Heitinga and Howard, you can't replace them with any player better than them or at least colse to them.

Rodwell would be good signing and for 20 Million it is a win win situation for both parties.

Considering Everton is the team I like the most out of those in the Prem, I'll take the bait and post here.

Baines will probably leave since he's attracted interest from of the big clubs and the club is not really in a position where it can say no. I've read somewhere that City were willing to go over 20m pounds for Baines (I think that's a tad too much, but considering he has like 4 years left...). Same goes for Rodwell, IMO.

Yakubu wants to move permanently to Leicester, so that should bring a few quid too. Billy had flashes of brilliance, but you can't build a team on 'flashes'.

Yobo is out on loan to some turkish team, if he makes the move permanent he should bring some cash too, in which case I'd keep Heitinga. He's not a bad player, but then again, I only get to see Everton every once in a while.

I would like Rodwell to stay - just like Baines - but if a big offer came then I guess the club would have to take it.

About the striker issue - I 'sort of' agree. Saha is expensive and is not consistent, but I doubt many (or any) clubs would pay any serious money for him, or would meet his wage demands. Beckford, to be honest, doesn't really look like a premiership striker to me. He has bagged a few goals (as many as Saha), to be fair to the lad, and some of them have been important ones, but if the club is to improve then he has to play to a higher standard.

And before talking about potential acquisitions, I've heard rumours of some of the youngsters in the team being good, but all I heard was that, rumours. If anyone has data to share, I'd be glad to know :p

1) I can't really see Bainesy leaving at-all to be honest, I think he's the type of player that if he were to move clubs, he would never produce the same form that he has for everton.

2) I'd be glad to see Yakubu leave, he is inconsistent and Lazy.

3)Hmm, I actually really rate Yobo as a player, but he apparently had a fallout with Moyes which made Moyes loan him out, in which case I can't see him staying, which I personally think is a shame. But hey ho.

4) Rodwell I actually can't see us turning down 20M offer from United, where he will be tutored and brought to his full potential. Although he is a good player.

5) I agree about Beckford, other strikers id like to see at goodison are: Podolski, Vagner Love or Odemwingie.

6) We have some good youngsters coming through, the likes of Magaye Gueye, Apostlos Vellios, Jose Baxter, Ross Barkley and James Wallace all look promising.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Howard for 2Million is nothing. He has had few blunders but overall an excellent GK. I dont think Everton will sell him, for that price no way. And you can't replace him with that amount too.

Shawcross for 10 Million is not possible considering he is English. Have to put another 5-10 Million.

N'Zogbia would be an excellent addition. Yes he is bit selfish but he produces the goods and the type of player he is, he is bound to be selfish.

Personally i would hate to see John Heitinga leaving. Whenever i have watched have impressed with him. Hope he stays.

With 9Million and 2 Million for John Heitinga and Howard, you can't replace them with any player better than them or at least colse to them.

Rodwell would be good signing and for 20 Million it is a win win situation for both parties.

Not sure on Heitinga, seems almost too relaxed on the ball and it can lead to mistakes. For 9m Id be happy to see him leave, also I don't think his hearts at goodison

Shawcross would cost more than that, about 18 million.
Also, 20 million for Rodwell?! If you can get that, you've robbed the other club.

How do you know Mucha is more than competent?, he's hardly played and looked dodgy in the world cup for Slovakia - i wouldn't sell Howard.

I think Billy and Heitinga have to go - billy is not good enough and I don't think Heitinga wants to play for us.

Yakubu will almost definitely go - good riddance

Shawcross would cost at least £18-20m so that's a no go

We just need a consistent striker, a game changing midfielder and a dependable centre back partner for Jags - Don't know who to suggest, but raiding relegation teams is a good option, so N'zogbia, Jarvis etc not a fan of Rodallega tho

Do you not think Distin is dependable, he is more dependable than Jags IMO

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Shawcross would cost more than that, about 18 million.
Also, 20 million for Rodwell?! If you can get that, you've robbed the other club.

Dont understand why Shawcross would cost so much, he is English but hes only at stoke and would happily move to a bigger club IMO (no disrespect to stoke)

Do you not think Distin is dependable, he is more dependable than Jags IMO

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Dont understand why Shawcross would cost so much, he is English but hes only at stoke and would happily move to a bigger club IMO (no disrespect to stoke)

Stoke are in no trouble in the league or financially, especially with them in the cup final now. They'll be in no rush to sell him, and I'm not sure if he'd rather go Everton than stay at Stoke any way.

Stoke are in no trouble in the league or financially, especially with them in the cup final now. They'll be in no rush to sell him, and I'm not sure if he'd rather go Everton than stay at Stoke any way.

Fair enough, maybe someone like Brede Hangeland or Chris Samba would be more affordable?

No way you should let Howard go for two million, he makes mistakes sometimes but he's a great keeper.

Any word on whether or not Moyes is staying?

Also, would you really say that this season has been a failure on the pitch? With all of the injuries Everton has had, isn't 7th place pretty good? I mean, the three clubs above them are Tottenham, Liverpool, and Man City...did you guys think you'd finish above those clubs at the beginning of the season?

No way you should let Howard go for two million, he makes mistakes sometimes but he's a great keeper.

Also, would you really say that this season has been a failure on the pitch? With all of the injuries Everton has had, isn't 7th place pretty good? I mean, the three clubs above them are Tottenham, Liverpool, and Man City...did you guys think you'd finish above those clubs at the beginning of the season?

Not sure on moyes, can see him replacing SAF at United when he retires, or taking over spurs if harry goes for the England Job. Apart from that, I think he'll stay.

I mean, it's awkward, our worse performances seem to come when we have a fully fit squad, which is the strange thing. Only recently without, Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta and Saha we have started to pick up points. And that seems to be the way it goes every season.

Probably, I know Everton fans who thought they were title challengers at the start of the season..