Reaction score

When ? 11/09/2010
Where? Goodison Park, Liverpool
Kickoff? 12:45 PM
Channel? Sky Sports 2
Score Last Time ? Everton 3 Man Utd 1
Ref? Martin Atkinson

Team News
Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell has been ruled out for up to three months with damaged ankle ligaments.
Louis Saha will be missing after he lasted only 10 minutes of his international return for France, but captain Phil Neville is fit
Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand could make a comeback, but Anderson is doubtful and Michael Carrick is out.
Wayne Rooney is likely to play against his former club despite the furore surrounding his private life.

Everton
Doubtful: Neville (foot)
Injured: Anichebe & Saha (both knee), Rodwell (ankle), Yakubu (calf/shin)
Manchester United
Doubtful: Anderson & Ferdinand (both knee)
Injured: Carrick (Achilles), Hargreaves (knee)

Match Preview

Wayne Rooney has made headline news on the front and back pages this week and the spotlight will be on full beam when the Manchester United striker returns to his old club this Saturday
Rooney has received a hostile reception at Goodison Park ever since his £27m move from Everton to United in 2004 - and the Toffees fans have more ammunition than ever to throw at the England striker.
Everton's biggest concern though is getting a first win of the season. They are languishing in the relegation zone, having picked up one point from three games.
Despite that, confidence should not be lacking as they beat Manchester United 3-1 in this fixture last season.

Facts from BBC Sport :)

Last edited:
Any other United fan going?

Should be good, hopefully do better than last time.

up the toffees, although i think it will be either a 1-1 draw or 2-1 to Utd. Im pretty sure Rooney will get a welcomed reception.

going for a reversed 3-1 vicory for United tomorrow.

Cahill 17

Rooney 38,72
Berbatov 58

Everton 1-1 Manchester United
Cahill 37'
Nani 62'

I hate when we play Everton away , Real bananna skin

I seriously can't see either team winning, not just because I hate United, I think it will be 2-2

Fergie said that he'd lost 3 times in 24 years at Goodison which makes me very confident.

Everton 0-2 Manchester United

I hope..

Rooney won't start. He's tired from international duty and needs be rested for Rangers on Tuesday and Liverpool next Sunday.

Either a narrow United win or a draw. Berbatov needs to step up, that's for sure. 1-1 or 2-1 looks likely.

Rooney won't start. He's tired from international duty and needs be rested for Rangers on Tuesday and Liverpool next Sunday.

Either a narrow United win or a draw. Berbatov needs to step up, that's for sure. 1-1 or 2-1 looks likely.

Rooney will start. This game is just as important as those two you've just mentioned, and if he was that tired I doubt Fergie would play him at all.

Berbatov IMO has been one of our best players this season after Scholes and looks very sharp. Hopefully he can keep it up, or maybe even Chicharito could make a Premier League impact. :)

Put it this way Versaty1e if your Rooney would you want to play???? Even if Rooney had a broken leg he would still play.

Come on everton! Think I'll be cheering with my cousin tomorrow, which isn't something you see everyday!

Pffff.

Have you watched the first few games of the season??

Me thinks not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back