• Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 3K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
EVERTON - NEWCASTLE​
evertonz.png
nufc.png

Everton host Newcastle in the Premiership on Saturday looking to get a first win of the league season under their belt.
Despite late drama to salvage a draw against Manchester United last weekend, the Toffees are yet to pick up three points this term and have suffered their worst start to a league campaign since 1994.
However, while David Moyes' men are currently second-bottom in the table, their performances on the pitch suggest they will soon begin an ascent.
A disappointing opening-day defeat to Blackburn may have been justified, but a draw against Wolves at home and a 1-0 reverse at Aston Villa saw Everton squander countless opportunities to win both games.

They will hope to be more clinical in front of goal at Goodison Park on Saturday, but will have to be wary of a Newcastle side who have blown hot and cold so far.
The Magpies were thwarted by fellow promoted side Blackpool at home last weekend, going down 2-0 to the Tangerines despite dominating large periods of the game.
On their return to the top-flight, Newcastle also caught the headlines with a remarkable 6-0 thrashing of Aston Villa in August, and have looked threatening in attack this term.

TEAM NEWS
Toffees boss Moyes could stick with the same side that fought back from 3-1 down to score two late goals against Manchester United last weekend.
That means Tim Cahill is set to continue up front, with Yakubu and Jermaine Beckford pushing for a place in the starting line-up.
Louis Saha and Jack Rodwell will be missing for the home side, and it remains to be seen if centre-half Sylvain Distin keeps his place after a poor showing last time out.

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll is the man Everton will have to keep an eye on, as the powerful forward has been in top form of late.
Manager Chris Hughton has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the trip. Carroll continues to battle against his ankle injury, but is expected to be fit, while Sol Campbell is approaching full match fitness after a third appearance for the reserves on Thursday.
Hatem Ben Arfa made his debut as a substitute in last weekend's defeat by Blackpool and will hope for further action.

Long-term absentees Danny Guthrie (knee), Danny Simpson (ankle) and Steven Taylor (shoulder) are making progress but Leon Best (ankle) is still out.
Former Everton youngster Dan Gosling controversially left the Merseyside outfit in the summer on a free transfer, but he will continue to miss out for Newcastle with a knee problem.

POSSIBLE STARTING XIs
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Heitinga, Fellaini, Osman, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill

Newcastle: Harper, Coloccini, Taylor, Williamson, Enrique, Barton, Smith, Nolan, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Carroll

UK TV: None

Foreign TV
[/U][/B]:AD Sports HD
Russia 2
C+ Sport (France)
Setanta Sports (Can) (delay)
C+ Sport 1 (Pol) + HD Star Sports
Diema SuperSport 7 (ZA)
Fox Soccer Plus (USA)
TRK Futbol
Fox Sports 3 (Australia)
TV2 PL 3 (Nor) + HD3
Idman TV
TV3 Slovenia
Nova Sports 1 (Hellas)
Viasat Sport HD (Swe)
Rogers Sports Net Viasat Xtra PL 3

ONLINE STREAMS
VIPStand
IraqGoals

Last edited:
2-2 draw for me. Both sides have the players to win, but I think a draw would be the right result.

Scorers - Arteta, Pienaar(Everton) - Carroll, Ben Arfa(Toon)

Everton deserve a win so im going with 2-0 to Everton.

Everton deserve a win so im going with 2-0 to Everton.

Everton have been poor thus far, and Newcastle have blown hot and cold. Both can defend, both can attack, and both are prone to lapses in games.

sorry for off topic but when arsenal play at 3 i watch the streams from ADTHE and Iraqi goals, check them tomorrow mate!

Everton have been poor thus far, and Newcastle have blown hot and cold. Both can defend, both can attack, and both are prone to lapses in games.

they have performed well but struggle to score goals, they desperatly need a good/fit striker.

you say that because you're a newcastle fan ... Everton has one of the best teams when it comes down to individual performers.... Newcastle have 2/3 quality players nothing else.

2-0 Everton.

My preffered line-up:

Harper
R.Taylor - Williamson - Collocini - Enrique
Gutierrez - Tiote - Barton - Ben Arfa
Nolan
Carroll​

Subs: Krul, Perch, Campbell, Vuckic, Lovenkrands, Best​

Going tomorrow for the first time this season! Really looking forward to it, also the first time I've been since I can legally drink! I think and hope that we will win carrying through momentum from last weeks last ditch comeback to United. Never be sure with Newcastle though. I hope Yakubu starts tomorrow.

you say that because you're a newcastle fan ... Everton has one of the best teams when it comes down to individual performers.... Newcastle have 2/3 quality players nothing else.

2-0 Everton.

How is that remotely biased? It is stating fact. Newcastle have blown hot & cold, and Everton have started poorly, they are sat 2nd off bottom, with only 2 draws. We have took a win and a draw, not great. A win like that 6-0(a fluke), you would expect a surge in decent form, yet we struggled to a 2-2 draw with Wolves, and then beaten by Pool.

And its great having individual players, but if they don't play well, they are as good as those playing in the Championship.

2 or 3??
Ben Arfa, Nolan, Carroll, Jonas, Lovenkrands, Coloccini and S. Taylor are all very good players individually.

2-2 draw, scrappy end to end and highly entertaining

2 or 3??
Ben Arfa, Nolan, Carroll, Jonas, Lovenkrands, Coloccini and S. Taylor are all very good players individually.

To be fair he said Quality players, and only on that list Nolan, Taylor and maybe Ben Arfa (havent seen that much of him to judge) are quality

Sorry about the lack of optimism lads.

If we perform like last week, we'll be lucky to score.

Back